Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wouldn't surprise me if that was announced because they want it done early tbh. They're going to have to need ample time to find replacements for those two.

I think they bought one replacement in Adam Wharton from Blackburn - bought early to bed him in at circa £20m.

But sell either Olise or Eze and they'd buy other younger players from EFL clubs who they think ready to make the jump to PL (as were Eze and Olise) as Palace have no expectations on them to perform.

I think they bought one replacement in Adam Wharton from Blackburn - bought early to bed him in at circa £20m.

But sell either Olise or Eze and they'd buy other younger players from EFL clubs who they think ready to make the jump to PL (as were Eze and Olise) as Palace have no expectations on them to perform.
Missed the boat there me thinks!

We should be agree players like Wharton , Scott, etc but we keep being linked with 18 yr olds from over seas. Unless they are the next Messi then why? Also we have enough players coming through the youth system that surely we should be looking to give them a chance before looking overseas. Unless there is some wonder kid from over seas. We have some good attackers scoring goals in our youth teams but we but an unknown hardly played kid like veliz. Not saying he might come good but come on where is the belief in our own players. Must be disheartening!

Not sure Eze or Olise have the work ethic for Ange ball and for 60m+ we got to be sure. Watched Palace a few times this yr and when things are going well it's all good, but when it goes pear shaped they can be seen trotting about nonchalantly and we already have enough players with that issue. Small sample of games mind you and open to correction.

Much more pressing issue at no 6. in my opinion, we need more consistency and competition than Biss has shown this yr. We have had no issues scoring, protecting our back 4 and keeping goals out has been a huge issue and has to be the no. 1 priority.

Sell list: brings in ~£130m:
Richarlison (35m), Kulusevski (30m), Hojbjerg (15m), GLC (10m), Skipp (10m), Reguilon (10m), Rodon (10m), Gil (7m)

Loan list:
Bergvall, Devine, Phillips, Moore, Solomon, Spence

Leaves us of budget of ~£200m to fill 8 gaps in the squad.

Uq8Fhmn.png
Skipp will go for a few million more as he is home grown. I believe part of Bergwall signing was a guarantee of a squad place.If you think Levy will let Richy go for that sum we’ll think again.

Not sure Eze or Olise have the work ethic for Ange ball and for 60m+ we got to be sure. Watched Palace a few times this yr and when things are going well it's all good, but when it goes pear shaped they can be seen trotting about nonchalantly and we already have enough players with that issue. Small sample of games mind you and open to correction.

Much more pressing issue at no 6. in my opinion, we need more consistency and competition than Biss has shown this yr. We have had no issues scoring, protecting our back 4 and keeping goals out has been a huge issue and has to be the no. 1 priority.

More robots needed.

Hmm, he's probably the best creative midfielder we have after Maddison.

Anyway, hopefully we sign Eze and then can recoup some money for GLC.
I was expecting to see way more of Lo Celso since Maddison has a stinking run of form, but he’s still being limited to 5-10min cameos.

Even if that source has any truth to it I don’t know why Lo Celso himself would even consider signing another deal. He seems way happier in Spain where he’s playing week in week out.

Sell list: brings in ~£130m:
Richarlison (35m), Kulusevski (30m), Hojbjerg (15m), GLC (10m), Skipp (10m), Reguilon (10m), Rodon (10m), Gil (7m)

Loan list:
Bergvall, Devine, Phillips, Moore, Solomon, Spence

Leaves us of budget of ~£200m to fill 8 gaps in the squad.

Uq8Fhmn.png
Out of the sell list I’ve got a feeling that Reguilon will be the hardest to move.
Spain seems like a likely destination for him, and I can’t see any of the clubs paying £10m for him.

Still time to stamp that out, they said that about Maddison.

Honestly don’t give a fuck about the price tag for players.

I’m more interested in level.

IMO Eze is a very good second tier player with a chance to become T1.

If we sign him as one of our T2 signings, I’ll be over the moon but he’s not the marquee, T1 signing that this club needs to make if they are really serious about going up a level
Can you give us an example of a T1 signing we could realistically get?

Back
Top Bottom