Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeh fair play to him compared to Dier and Ndombele. Knows he might not be our level but wants to fight for his career, cant knock that.

Doesn't gel at all with weekly abuse he previously got, being called a "delusional" "rat" and a "snitch".

He took his loan to Italy and made the best of it and is now seeking to do the same with Lester....... Respect to the lad... He wants to PLAY.

According to Marca, Atleti have come up against their FFP limit so can't sign any midfielder.

The rules are a lot stricter here and unlike in England are applied equally across the board

Couldn't they have accepted a loan+obligation for PEH though?

....Or was additonal wages a current issue (outside of trf fee being deferred for a year)?

Indeed! That’s why I posted that Ange has made some curious decisions and statements. His got Johnson bco he dies rate kulu much on the right otherwise fiend £50M on him when what we really needed was a CB. Something he said himself as well but then have made no attempt to get another one. Apart from the last min desparate links.
"Made no attempt" to get one. ?
How do you know he didn't want another one ? I'm sure he did. Levy & co didn't get it done though.
As for Kulu and Johnson, how about squad depth. Two players for every position and all that.
Plus , we don't know Anges plans for Johnson. He might already have plans for him to play centre forward.

You've misinterpreted what I'm writing.

We've lost Kane who is our best player. However we've transferred in some players that improve us- but I don't think that itself compensates for losing 30 goals a season.

The reason I think our first XI is better than last season is because of Ange, as he's improved players we already had. For example, he'll take Bissouma and Sarr onto the next level.

So the manager isn't the only factor, but it is a decisive factor in why the current XI is better.

No, I said "But very worrying that we lost kane and didn't bring in strong reinforcements at CB and attack."
We already had the players you listed before we lost Kane. We had an injection of 100m from that... and practically did nothing.

Again; the highlighted part is bollocks though and we both know it..... I've not "misinterpreted" anything........ You made a succession of posts insistent that we've done nothing to improve the team on the basis of a shit CB3 (yep! 100% acknowledged) and not seeking to improve the attack (BS).

Having now waved around the Kane fee; you're being a naught boy and jumping on the net spend train just cos it suits your "disgusting, incompetent, disaster, shambles of a window"-yadda narrative.

hed be coming as 4th choice CM. he aint ahead of bissouma, sarr and a fit bentancur. for a team that only has one domestic cup and league games hes going to get fuck all football.
Sarr and Bentancur are great defensive midfielders discovering the art of scoring. Attack wise, Conor is more proven. Disappointed we didnt get him

"Made no attempt" to get one. ?
How do you know he didn't want another one ? I'm sure he did. Levy & co didn't get it done though.
As for Kulu and Johnson, how about squad depth. Two players for every position and all that.
Plus , we don't know Anges plans for Johnson. He might already have plans for him to play centre forward.
Agree with the squad part. Also, I think Rich is more likely the one replaced than Kulu

Why would they unless the pieces fell exactly into place? Cushy contracts, great facilities to stay fit and a London lifestyle? Why go out and prove yourself at your former clubs expense unless you actually value what’s left of your whole career (as opposed to what benefits you right now by staying put?)
Proves my point exactly. Any ambitious athlete would not respond well to being benched(phased out). These are the same lot that have failed to win us silverware. The mentality at this club the last few years have been poor,

Take Maddison out of ours and what do we have?

A team that finished 8th

What a load of utter shit.

Compared to our starting XI last season we have

Vicario
VDV
Udogie
Biss
Maddison
(+ whatever impact Johnson brings if he's deemed a starter)
(+ whatever imnprovement comes from Porro who couldn't have arrived at a worse time)

Take away Maddison (why? he doesn't count for some fucked up mental-gymnastics reason) and we're still a vastly different XI

Back
Top Bottom