Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Despite being pissed off with the transfer dealings, though I'm hardly surprised, I think we'll be okay til January providing for injuries of course. And if bloody Richarlson offers something

The first XI is decent and we'll only have a game a week so can remain unchanged and plenty of time to gel on the training ground. Bentacur returning will be a big boost too,

Despite being pissed off with the transfer dealings, though I'm hardly surprised, I think we'll be okay til January providing for injuries of course. And if bloody Richarlson offers something

The first XI is decent and we'll only have a game a week so can remain unchanged and plenty of time to gel on the training ground. Bentacur returning will be a big boost too,
Some combination of Son, Richy, Kulu and Johnson really needs to deliver for us. This is only going to work if we score lots of goals, and we're only going to score lots of goals if our front 3 get the lion's share.

I saw the interview with the Sky bloke who said he spoke to Ange and Ange said he really did want Johnson and described why he liked him - quick, two footed and would suit his system etc etc.

If this is the case, why the fuck did he green light the Kulusevski transfer?

Our manager is a lot better, so I prefer our first XI now.

State of this shit..... The manager is the only factor?????????

You can't acknowledge that Vic, VVD, Udogie, Biss, Maddison and an improving Porro don't improve our starting XI?

But very worrying that we lost kane and didn't bring in strong reinforcements at CB and attack.

I agree about back-up CB, but you're completely ignoring VDV to drive home a BS narrative.

re: Attack -

Johnson
Solomon
Veliz

You may not rate any of those 3, but again we didn't do nothing. The idea that Madison does nothing to improve our attack either is bogus.

Fucking hell, mate... I had no idea you were capable of this degree of shithousing!

I saw the interview with the Sky bloke who said he spoke to Ange and Ange said he really did want Johnson and described why he liked him - quick, two footed and would suit his system etc etc.

If this is the case, why the fuck did he green light the Kulusevski transfer?
That was really the one that screwed us.

Diaby was right there, absolutely perfect for us, and he was completely available.

Kulu had 3 goal contributions in over 2000 minutes post World Cup. An inauspicious audition for his permanent transfer. A more ruthless club would’ve cut him (like Chelsea did Felix for example) and signed a better player.

The whole forward line is downward spiral. Kane gone, Son & Kulu out of form, Richy misfiring, Solomon not good enough. We have to rely on a youngster from Forest?
Who is going to score 20 plus goals this season?
We need a miracle form from Richy.
Richly misfiring! When has ever fired?

Shit window again..we needed at least 2 cbs and a striker and that was before kane was sold..
Then we blow the best part of £50m on some very average forest youngster, instead of just buying a quality cb with that money...pathetic...so we now have nobody to play at cb if romero or van de ven get injured..that should be considered negligence in my opinion....I cannot believe we paid nearly £50m for this johnson guy, are we fucking serious....

Wait a second. I miscounted. 17 non-HGP born before 1 January 2002

1. Vicario
2. Sanchez
3. Royal
4. Romero
5. Porro
6. Van de Ven
7. Hojbjerg
8. Bissouma
9. Lo Celso
10. Bentancur
11. Son
12. Richarlison
13. Gil
14. Perisic
15. Kulusevski
16. Solomon

There's a spot for Dier.

Fuck!

I'll take it... Problem solved.

That was really the one that screwed us.

Diaby was right there, absolutely perfect for us, and he was completely available.

Kulu had 3 goal contributions in over 2000 minutes post World Cup. An inauspicious audition for his permanent transfer. A more ruthless club would’ve cut him (like Chelsea did Felix for example) and signed a better player.
Indeed! That’s why I posted that Ange has made some curious decisions and statements. His got Johnson bco he dies rate kulu much on the right otherwise fiend £50M on him when what we really needed was a CB. Something he said himself as well but then have made no attempt to get another one. Apart from the last min desparate links.

Agree. The key is to get those those other additions in while the current crop of top talent is still in their prime, not 4 years after they're past their best.

Imagine these are really the new Lloris, Eriksen, Rose etc. but for the next 5 years we're struggling for proper CB depth, a real striker etc. and these lot age out and we have to start all over again. Unfortunately, I think that's the most likely scenario.

Why?

Why for the next 4/5 years won't we continue to add good players like we have on the last couple of years?

55% of "fans" in here think the TW rated as 4/10

Sopppy cunts.

Get over yourself.

I mean yeah, 4/10 might be a little harsh.

Way closer to the truth than the 9/10 you gave it though. I mean fuck there’s deluded and then there’s that. Almost a completely perfect window was it yeah? Could barely have been better? Stuff of dreams?

State of this shit..... The manager is the only factor?????????

You can't acknowledge that Vic, VVD, Udogie, Biss, Maddison and an improving Porro don't improve our starting XI?
You've misinterpreted what I'm writing.

We've lost Kane who is our best player. However we've transferred in some players that improve us- but I don't think that itself compensates for losing 30 goals a season.

The reason I think our first XI is better than last season is because of Ange, as he's improved players we already had. For example, he'll take Bissouma and Sarr onto the next level.

So the manager isn't the only factor, but it is a decisive factor in why the current XI is better.

I agree about back-up CB, but you're completely ignoring VDV to drive home a BS narrative.

re: Attack -
Johnson
Solomon
Veliz

You may not rate any of those 3, but again we didn't do nothing. The idea that Madison does nothing to improve our attack either is bogus.
No, I said "But very worrying that we lost kane and didn't bring in strong reinforcements at CB and attack."
We already had the players you listed before we lost Kane. We had an injection of 100m from that... and practically did nothing.

Back
Top Bottom