Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
For good reason!

Veliz - One for the future
Phillips - One for the future
White - Not good enough
Sess - Not good enough
Skipp - Not good enough

Not good enough for what? Spurs are a mid level EPL team who have never won anything.

You think a few seasons qualifying for the Champions League makes us some elite team?

Luckily we have an elite businessman running things for us

Mood Fml GIF by Red Bull

I’m not checking shit until I’m out of work this evening. Not worth the headache. There better be at least two outgoings and two incomings of Ange‘s approval. For fuck sakes… every summer with this.

Next thing you know we’ll be told the Kane money is being put towards an aquarium under the pitch to generate even more match day revenue.

Taken from Cherries forum regarding Kelly.

The Good
He’s our best central defender by a long way. Class player. However imho weakest distribution of them bar meps. He also covers left back so sell Kelly and we need a cb and lb with the clock ticking down. Keep imho

It would be a great move for Kelly, but I would be sad to see him go. As well as pace and the ability to play left back, he's a good physical presence and he has a decent long pass on him.

I'd prefer we keep Kelly full stop, and if the only alternative is Dier then that makes up my mind further to keep Kelly. Rather a developing player than an ageing declining one

I think I would sell him if Spurs were interested. A real shame, because imo he has all the fundamentals to be a top player. He’s a better player than Mings was at the time he was here imo, and Mings got “out of the rut of being here” and got into the England squad. The fans just haven’t taken to him for whatever reason, and I think this has slowly sapped him if his confidence.

I can 100% see him moving on and being fantastic. If we get a good fee for him then everybody wins.

The Bad

Kelly is the best 1 on 1 defender we have. His distribution is not great but we would be weaker without him. I think it is most unfair how some of supporters give him a hard time, so I anticipate he would welcome a move. Still the boo boys will be happy.

Kelly once had the makings of a fantastic player, but for some reason I personally think he confidence is shot and he isn't a proactive defender anymore.

The Ugly

Personally I don’t rate him at all. Positionally poor, distribution poor. Too negative at LB for the style we are looking to play. Too much of a liability at CB. Cant see Spurs being interested, but if we can get what we paid for him we should move him on.

Spurs must see what very little others see in Kelly; I don't think the dude is premier league level quality but if they give us a decent fee for him, then alright.And yes Senesi is tons better, he just is:cool:

100% Let this happen it sounds too good to be true

January window we will sign a striker because Richarlison isnt good enough and over the next 4 months will finally convince Ange that he needs to replace him

Regardless of tomorrow with ins/outs - I think we’ll look back in a year or two and say this was our best window in a long while.

Can’t remember bringing in 3 first xi starters in one window in quite a while.
This is a good point and big picture I almost agree.

But then we sold Kane and what we’ve done since and including is easily Levy’s most pathetic window ever

Back
Top Bottom