Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tbh I havent seen this johnson play much. Is he any good and who would you compare him to? Sounds to me as well we want to boost british contingent with both eze and Gallagher linked.
Similar level, output and somewhat in style to Harvey Barnes, except Johnson plays primarily on the right. Both very good ball strikers, decent one touch passing around the box. Neither particularly good dribblers, but use pace to run behind / one-two's. Johnson is quicker. Johnson maybe to be given some benifit of doubt, in that his stats for
passing/ball retention are poor, but Forrest averaged something like 37% possession last year. Would be a lovely, exciting signing at 25m imo, when it's 45-50m you question why we can't identify a player with elite potential and go get them instead.

Think it was rather inciteful to to hear from Ronaldo that after however long it was until his second stint at the club, he was utterly baffled to learn that literally NOTHING had changed at the club since his departure.

Glazers are cunts, they take the money of United fans for themselves, then provide nothing in return. They abuse loyalty, they are scumbags, I wish nothing good for them.

The Glazers are the issue but not the spending. They have left United with basically no structure, they have little to no scouting apparently, their facilities are wank, no idea of what they want to be and that comes from the board, they are stuck in a by gone era as if they hope Fergie will regain his youth and come back.

As for the money itself they only spend what United make, Glazers only take money out they don’t put anything in. I am a critic of Levy but he is better than the Glazers.

Imagine if Levy put £1bn of debt on the club but built no stadium and just stole it then bought Anthony for £100m with the only cash we had left. That is the Glazers.
They work in a polar opposite way to Levy and.....they've had more success on the pitch.

Funny that.

Glazers are cunts, they take the money of United fans for themselves, then provide nothing in return. They abuse loyalty, they are scumbags, I wish nothing good for them.
I actually like them because there’d be 2 man city’s if the glazers were replaced by good owners and then the rest of the big 6/7 would have absolutely 0% chance to win the league.

:levywhoa: Yeah, it's shocking behaviour, a complete lack of empathy and consideration for the stakeholders in the club, it's all about the money money money.....

:levyeyes:

Apart from mendesgate remember that game at old Trafford we were 2 nil up, then Carrick dived and Webb couldnt wait to give a penalty. That was a dodgy game. Annoyed me that game.

They work in a polar opposite way to Levy and.....they've had more success on the pitch.

Funny that.

United used to have vastly more success prior to the Glazers (admittedly Fergie was there). They were next to Real Madrid the biggest club on Earth, it’s been a huge downgrade under their tenure, we are a big club but United is massive.

Is a Center Half Forward a thing anymore?

article-0-0029629700000258-644_233x262.jpg
Tick Tock up steps the Doc

Back
Top Bottom