Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't know the first thing about fati but I'd rather have him on the left and Brennan Johnson on the right than the current lot.

What deadwood have the Saudis been interested in from anyone?

3053.jpg

It's a fair point though. Nearly all their signings, bar maybe 3 or 4 have been players that would still be considered CL quality.

I actually think Ansu Fati would be a great signing even if on loan. Immediately improves our starting 11 (or puts pressure on it). I am unsure about Brennan Johnson but am willing to give him a chance (an it's not his fault about the inflated prices of HG talent).

Get those deals done, 1 more CB and some outgoings and this is a perfectly fine window.

wonder if he still wants to keep Locelso or we might make a last minute dash for an AM after that nothing performance from gio last night
I think if we sign Johnson we won't really need another AM, I think Kulusevski could cover for Maddison in the 10 role if he gets injured and we'd still theoretically have Johnson and Solomon covering the RW. I think Kulu could thrive in the 10 role, he has a very good range of passing and not a bad finisher, certainly think he'd be better than Lo Celso there. People are saying we wasted the ~£32m we spent on him but I reckon if he ends up a rotation player covering a couple of positions it's definitely money well spent in this market. Not sure I want to see him as our first option at RW for this season though, we are crying out for pace in that forward line and I can't see Son being replaced since we just went and made him captain.

I actually think Ansu Fati would be a great signing even if on loan. Immediately improves our starting 11 (or puts pressure on it). I am unsure about Brennan Johnson but am willing to give him a chance (an it's not his fault about the inflated prices of HG talent).

Get those deals done, 1 more CB and some outgoings and this is a perfectly fine window.

Yeah tbh I was thinking a disaster was waiting but those 2 and 3rd CB and no complaints from me.

Also doesn’t feel like an impossible outcome before the deadline

Live in Spain and have Barca fanatic mates.

None of them want Fati to leave. They weren’t fussed when Dembele went and would happily sell Raphina.

Personally think the kid is through the worst for injuries and is still an elite elite talent.
It's just whether or not he regains enough physicality to be top level player.. he was never a winger who just burned full backs with mad speed, always thought he was a close-space dribbler like Iniesta, and great at passing the ball on the move, first touch, goalscoring ability. If this is the year he really gets his legs underneath him again and can take on a big training workload, loan with even a large option to buy would be a great move for us. But maybe his knees are just fucked and he won't ever be able to keep his body in order for top level sport week after week.

Selling possibly the clubs best ever striker and not replacing him at all is just laughable. Brennan Johnson ansu fati do me a fucking favour. We need a striker more than any winger at this current point in time.

Live in Spain and have Barca fanatic mates.

None of them want Fati to leave. They weren’t fussed when Dembele went and would happily sell Raphina.

Personally think the kid is through the worst for injuries and is still an elite elite talent.
Oh I’m not saying I don’t want him. That would be brilliant. There was discussion here on the injuries and had read this recently.

is Fati really good I mean is he a level that raises us?

He has the same injury Ledley king had and he’s only 20. He would be in and out of the treatment room all year and with spurs medical teams track record, he would probably be put into palliative care by Christmas.

It's just whether or not he regains enough physicality to be top level player.. he was never a winger who just burned full backs with mad speed, always thought he was a close-space dribbler like Iniesta, and great at passing the ball on the move, first touch, goalscoring ability. If this is the year he really gets his legs underneath him again and can take on a big training workload, loan with even a large option to buy would be a great move for us. But maybe his knees are just fucked and he won't ever be able to keep his body in order for top level sport week after week.
Fully agree on the type of player. Even think he could play #10 in this system.

Last year was the season that needed to go without injuries and it did.

Never sure of anything but there is a great opportunity to buy low here.

What kind of Option price would you be willing to do?

Fully agree on the type of player. Even think he could play #10 in this system.

Last year was the season that needed to go without injuries and it did.

Never sure of anything but there is a great opportunity to buy low here.

What kind of Option price would you be willing to do?
No idea what they value him at tbh. And re. injuries, with him it's not really about staying fit and doing what he did last year, it's staying fit, taking on a big training load to be firing for matches, and then actually playing 70 odd mins per game as opposed to 15/20. If he can do that he's an expensive player and worth paying for.

We aren't going to sign Fati. It makes no sense for an ENIC/Levy signing.

• He is injury prone.
  • There is no buy option - so we are being used to rehab.
  • His wages are obscene reported at over £230k per week.

This is not a player profile we will go for.

It looks more like we are pushing the news to knock some money off Nottingham Forest' valuation of Brennan Johnson. And his agent is pushing for the move to help Barcelona move his wages so they can sign a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom