Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
why though?

he's best on the left, lost quite a bit of pace, doesn't like passing, questionable injury record.

Yeh he mugged Dier off but who the fuck can't do that?

I'd rather Johnson then Fati 100%.
Honestly has got past the stage of not trusting his body post injury. He’s really not lost much at all. It took a season but he’s really starting to play well again.

Problem is the same as every window Levy.

We have chased and failed to sign so many players over the years that would have taken us to the next step. Then this summer we also sold our greatest ever goal scorer and have done zero business since then it baffles me. We are short all over the place and still have the same unreliable squad members like Davies, Sanchez and Dier on our books.

Completey agree, however I would say that our strongest 11 right now is the best we have had for a good few years.

We certainly need to improve our depth up top and at the back and for me, another CB and FW is a must to make me feel like this window sets us up to push on the next

That doesn't mean he isn't a good dribbler, that just means he dribbled less. It could mean he doesn't over dribble and picks his moments better.
Well... if one dribbles very rarely, it's probably for a reason. It's because he is an average to poor dribbler. Not always, but almost.

I fear Fati will be this seasons Danjuma. If there is no option to buy he's purely a backup, that might rarely get used, seems strange to rely on a player we're going to lose at the end of the season, and without a run you can't expect much from a bit player. We've seen it so many times!!!

If we're loaning him I want an option to buy included

they could in theory get Fati on loan with option AND Johnson.

Means Fati is Son long term possible replacement and maybe Kulu starts to move into the #10 role long term.
Also means we see Son play central more this season.

Especially if Lo Celso goes to Barca to sweeten the Fati deal.

I could def see a plan there.

I am not against signing Fatu but there must be "something" going on behind the scene that we're unaware of. Yes, injuries has been part of his lack of development (he was once seen as the direct replacement of Messi and one of the most promising talents in the world), and right now he's behind Raphinha, Lamine Yamal, Ferran Torres and Abde Ezzalzouli in the pecking order.
But if Spurs sign him on a loan deal and he turns out to be a decent-to-good player, it will help Angelos and Spurs to buy time and look for more suitable and affordable (L & L still control the purse) players rather than panic buy.

Getting a sinking feeling that we’ve fucked this window up…

fainting-faint.gif

they could in theory get Fati on loan with option AND Johnson.

Means Fati is Son long term possible replacement and maybe Kulu starts to move into the #10 role long term.
Also means we see Son play central more this season.

Especially if Lo Celso goes to Barca to sweeten the Fati deal.

I could def see a plan there.
That sounds better but bloody hell we need a 3rd good centre back as well. Sanchez or Dier cant be 3rd choice.

Back
Top Bottom