Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I sat directly behind Flekken on Wednesday night in their preseason game against Brighton. He was really, really shaky. Poor decision to come out to challenge at the top of the box led to a Brighton goal. Several other awkward moments playing the ball with his feet and appeared off his line often.

Watch him produce a world class performance in his PL debut in two weeks time :nunothumb: :ange-hands-head:

We didn't get formal approval of the final stadium until end of Feb 2016.

As of 14th Feb 2016 we were 2 pts off 1st behind Leicester. We finished 3rd end of that season and was on an obvious upward and exciting trajectory.

Despite this, we proceeded with plans to initiate the dismantling of the North East corner of White Hart Lane in the summer of 2016. But we went on to reach 2nd and a semi final of the fa cup the next season (2016/2017). That year, we acquired wanyama, nkoudou, janssen and sissoko. I can't recall who the alternative to sissoko was but I remember sissoko being a disappointing, somewhat desperate purchase after we failed to get our preferred target. (Can anyone remind me?)

So no. I'm not abusing timelines here. The decision making power has always been in our hands.
I seem to remember we were after Wijnaldum initially.

tired dissapointed GIF

That will fail at 80m EUR. Reckon it at least has to be around 100m EUR base figure.

Main thing is if it does fail we have to move on quickly, can’t have this dragged on for the last few weeks of the window.

That will fail at 80m EUR. Reckon it at least has to be around 100m EUR base figure.

Main thing is if it does fail we have to move on quickly, can’t have this dragged on for the last few weeks of the window.

80m was their latest offer and was rejected out of hand, it has to be significantly more if they're confident of getting it done.

I’m pretty sure this is getting done.

It’s dragged on. Intermediaries will have been sounding things out. If Bayern want him, they can use add-ons to hit the required amount.

must say i am surprised Kane is happy going to Bayern. The german league title means as much as the SPL so he's betting it all on the CL.
Better he just sat it out and got a move on a free to man city or madrid, im sure they'd make room for one of the best.
I can only imagine he wants to leave on good terms, abroad and with the club recieving a massive fee

must say i am surprised Kane is happy going to Bayern. The german league title means as much as the SPL so he's betting it all on the CL.
For fans maybe. But players that have won the Bundesliga clearly rate it. Would Kane celebrate a PL more? Sure. Doesn't mean that he won't celebrate a Bundesliga title as well.

Better he just sat it out and got a move on a free to man city or madrid, im sure they'd make room for one of the best.
I can only imagine he wants to leave on good terms, abroad and with the club recieving a massive fee

I don’t think Bayern is his ideal club. But he is happy to go there if Levy accepts their bid. He is guaranteed to win trophies there. He will play CL knockout stage every year. It’s not Real Madrid but it’s enough to satisfy his cravings for silverware and it’s not a team that we have a rivalry with.

I can't recall who the alternative to sissoko was but I remember sissoko being a disappointing, somewhat desperate purchase after we failed to get our preferred target. (Can anyone remind me?)
Isco maybe? As I've mentioned before, he's from Benalmádena, where my in-laws have a place. I had this fantasy of meeting him on the seafront, going for a beer and becoming best buddies.

I was coming back from there on deadline day, resigned to our failure to get Isco and waving farewell to my dream of a great new friendship, when the Sissoko news broke. Underwhelmed doesn't start to describe it.

Back
Top Bottom