Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
No wayyyyy

Will have to pay a lot of their players to leave. Laughable that people have assumed we will get fees for any of them, no-one will match their wages even if they are free. Perhaps 2M for Davies but that’s about it.

Torch them
It's going to be largely the same squad isn't it

:ange-facepalm2:

No wayyyyy

Will have to pay a lot of their players to leave. Laughable that people have assumed we will get fees for any of them, no-one will match their wages even if they are free. Perhaps 2M for Davies but that’s about it.

Torch them

Yeah. Few will just be released from their contracts.

This is not true, he’s just as bad as the rest of them if not the worst

Cannot defend 1v1, cannot play from the back, aerially weak, poor defensive positioning.

That Brentford game sealed his fate at this club, even Sess and Reggie have never been that bad.

I can tolerate any deadwood not leaving this season but not him and Dier

He’s replaceable now but Davies has had a decent career at Spurs, and deserves far more respect than the likes of you and your ilk are giving him.

Posts like this is why nobody intelligent takes you seriously.

Have a nice day.

It's going to be largely the same squad isn't it

:ange-facepalm2:

Yep. As long as we bring in the 5 that Ange wants (Gk, 2 cbs, am and wf) , the unwanted ones will have to be moved on whenever its possible. We can't force anyone to buy them, if they don't want to go then they should be left on the sidelines, some have a year left on their deals so we may have to wait until next year to finally get rid.

How do you know what Maddison gets up to and his outside football activities ? By all accounts he speaks very about football and his analysis is great. Seems far more intelligent than given credit fir. Further think his settled down and has kids or expecting first child. Som completely diff to dele who was chasing anything in a skirt.
Actually, you make a very valid point. I take it back...

He is extremely well spoken and articulate, a little like James Ward Prowse in that respect... He talks knowledgeably about football and clearly has his head screwed on.

I guess I jumped to conclusions about him after various pics emerged a few years back where he did seem to be 'living the high life' somewhat ..
Then again, like Grealish, if it doesn't affect his ability ON the pitch, then what does it matter what he gets up to off if (withing reason!)

I suppose the difference with Dele was that he DID start to let his 'lifestyle' affect his football, and has kinda been in a downward ever since...

You'd hope it's not the same with Maddison (IF we get him) ...if Newcastle get him, I hope he spends every night on the Toon and turns into a dried out husk!!

I think people ignore the fact our players are so shit nobody wants them.

That’s the real issue.
Exactly what I said a few posts ago.

It's slow on outgoings because of two things ;

1) Everyone knows that we're desperate to offload.

2) The players we want to offload are shite.

People keep saying Levy is asking too much, but the fact is that we haven't had an offer for anyone of these players.

If we get an offer, they'll go. If they have one year left and we have no offers they'll be released.
The same way Doc and Aurier were.

Exactly what I said a few posts ago.
For a cut price you can’t tell me these names won’t get some interest:

Lo Celso
Tanguy
Hojberg
Sanchez
Davies

Issue will be price and salary on offer from the new club.

Then there is guys like:

Richy
Gil
Spence
Porro
Emerson

We don’t want to sell them but may have to in order to raise some income.

Then there is:

Kane
Son

That Levy considers untouchable but probably have a very short window to recoup any income for at all.

It can’t be a coincidence that we are so shit at selling players, if you want turnover, you can’t always sell only the players you want to sell for only the price you want to get

For a cut price you can’t tell me these names won’t get some interest:

Lo Celso
Tanguy
Hojberg
Sanchez
Davies

Issue will be price and salary on offer from the new club.

Then there is guys like:

Richy
Gil
Spence
Porro
Emerson

We don’t want to sell them but may have to in order to raise some income.

Then there is:

Kane
Son

That Levy considers untouchable but probably have a very short window to recoup any income for at all.

It can’t be a coincidence that we are so shit at selling players, if you want turnover, you can’t always sell only the players you want to sell for only the price you want to get
Can you tell me how much we're looking for these players, or are you speculating again ?

We’ve accumulated so much mediocrity over the last few year it’s frightening. Signs seem to indicate that we’ve turned a corner with the structure Paratici put in place recovering, but from this mess will still take time.

Still don’t understand why we decided to humor Conte with a 40m RWB in January though

Because the fans were upset that we weren't backing Conte or something.

Wonder how long they wait until they start ripping up contracts…
Said it earlier.

People keep saying Levy is asking too much, but the fact is that we haven't had an offer for anyone of these players.

If we get an offer, they'll go. If they have one year left and we have no offers they'll be released.

Here’s hoping we can get a load of money in from the Saudis. They just need to be sold the vision of Winks, Dier etc

Back
Top Bottom