Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Please you beautiful Italian bastards!

Flair play to him, he is a very tidy ball player but doesn’t have the physicality or defensive nouse in the DM role. In the right league and in the right CM role always thought he could do ok. Good luck to him, hope he enjoys his football and new life in Italy and embraces the opportunity long term. Be nice if Sampdoria take him.

Poch doesn't like DOF system, especially with Paratici still being employed it would be a disaster. He will get more jammed up here than he was first time around.
He might not like it, but ultimately it's probably what he needs the most, someone to take some of the off field burden away from him, and prevent him from greenlighting anymore Sissoko, Sanchez and Ndombeles.

Obviously with the caveat that the DoF is someone that he trusts, likes, and shares a philosophy with.

Whether Paratici is that man or not, who knows.

I don’t understand the ENIC defence on here I really don’t , however I have never said they are all paid Spurs employees on here to disseminate misinformation. I think they are people with views wildly different to my own , views that I find hard to reconcile .

I might occasionally be a bit sarcastic , hopefully sometimes amusing , but I do try to be civil and mostly I think I manage to be . Prior to Paratici our recruitment has been very poor in recent years , I would tend to blame both Levy and Hitchen

This sums it up

Capture.png

He might not like it, but ultimately it's probably what he needs the most, someone to take some of the off field burden away from him, and prevent him from greenlighting anymore Sissoko, Sanchez and Ndombeles.

Obviously with the caveat that the DoF is someone that he trusts, likes, and shares a philosophy with.

Whether Paratici is that man or not, who knows.
The signings of Emerson, Gil and Spence suggests that Paratici would add to the burden, not take it away.

KWP is ok , not sure i would use the adjective fantastic though, I have been known to be wrong , first couple of games I saw Kane play I thought he was distinctly average , proving if there was any doubt I’m a tool
Since Mourinho let KWP leave he has flourished playing regularly he was definitely banging on the door of the national team last season it is a shame he's been injured for much of this season and i for one would welcome him back to Spurs

Since Mourinho let KWP leave he has flourished playing regularly he was definitely banging on the door of the national team last season it is a shame he's been injured for much of this season and i for one would welcome him back to Spurs
I know that Jose isn't the most popular person on here. But to be fair to him. He also said that KWP needed to go somewhere else for playing time if he was to flourish. He couldn't promise him playing time here.

Every youth cannot break through to the first team. That's just not feasible. At least not on this level. Poch also said as much when he spoke about how the higher we climbed in the table, the higher the standard had to be for youth players breaking through. He just didn't allow enough of the kids to go on loan.

However speaking to Caught Offside in his Daily Substack column, Fabrizio Romano explained that various clubs were still interested in him.
“I’m told nothing has been decided yet for N’Dicka. Barcelona are among 5/6 top clubs informed on his situation but I’ve nothing confirmed on an agreement at this stage.”

Good news is that with Skipp and Sarr looking pretty decent, then with Bentancur, Bissouma and Hojbjerg we have a solid set of central midfield players.

So central midfielders are not a priority - unless change of manager who wants more creativity.

Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly interested in signing the Real Madrid defender Antonio Rudiger.

The 29-year-old joined the Spanish giants at the start of the season but things have not gone according to plan for him.

The German international has not been a key player for Carlo Ancelotti and his performances have not been convincing either.

According to a report from Fichajes, Tottenham are now prepared to provide him with an exit route out of the Spanish club and they are hoping to bring him back to the Premier League.

The 29-year-old was a key player for Chelsea during his time in England and he could prove to be a quality acquisition for the London club.

It is no secret that Spurs need to bring in defensive reinforcements and Rudiger would be an excellent fit for Antonio Conte’s system. The German international thrives in a back three and he should be able to settle in quickly and make an immediate impact at Tottenham next season.

It remains to be seen whether Real Madrid are prepared to cash in on the €173,000-a-week defender.

The player has a contract with the Spanish club until the summer of 2026 but Spurs will be hoping to sign him for a reasonable price. Real Madrid signed him on a free transfer from Chelsea but the Spanish club will be hoping to recoup a substantial amount of money for him if Tottenham comes calling at the end of the season.

The German should prove to be an upgrade on players like Eric Dier and Davinson Sanchez and he could form a quality partnership alongside Cristian Romero at the heart of the Tottenham defence.

Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly interested in signing the Real Madrid defender Antonio Rudiger.

The 29-year-old joined the Spanish giants at the start of the season but things have not gone according to plan for him.

The German international has not been a key player for Carlo Ancelotti and his performances have not been convincing either.

According to a report from Fichajes, Tottenham are now prepared to provide him with an exit route out of the Spanish club and they are hoping to bring him back to the Premier League.

The 29-year-old was a key player for Chelsea during his time in England and he could prove to be a quality acquisition for the London club.

It is no secret that Spurs need to bring in defensive reinforcements and Rudiger would be an excellent fit for Antonio Conte’s system. The German international thrives in a back three and he should be able to settle in quickly and make an immediate impact at Tottenham next season.

It remains to be seen whether Real Madrid are prepared to cash in on the €173,000-a-week defender.

The player has a contract with the Spanish club until the summer of 2026 but Spurs will be hoping to sign him for a reasonable price. Real Madrid signed him on a free transfer from Chelsea but the Spanish club will be hoping to recoup a substantial amount of money for him if Tottenham comes calling at the end of the season.

The German should prove to be an upgrade on players like Eric Dier and Davinson Sanchez and he could form a quality partnership alongside Cristian Romero at the heart of the Tottenham defence.

Who fucking writes this shit.....Rudiger is 29, on a massive contract at Real, they won't sell cheaply and no need to worry about him fitting in Contes system because Conte won't be here next season. :contefacepalm2:

Good news is that with Skipp and Sarr looking pretty decent, then with Bentancur, Bissouma and Hojbjerg we have a solid set of central midfield players.

So central midfielders are not a priority - unless change of manager who wants more creativity.
No offense, but I don't see one top class player in those names mentioned. Sarr and Skipp may develop further, but compared to the likes of De Jong at 20, they are miles away.

The other three, can take or leave.

Rudiger has played 18 of Real's 21 La Liga games so far...

No offense, but I don't see one top class player in those names mentioned. Sarr and Skipp may develop further, but compared to the likes of De Jong at 20, they are miles away.

The other three, can take or leave.

With young players you can never be sure.

Before Kane had his first start in PL under Sherwood I was pretty sure Kane would be at least a decent squad option, and might become a regular first team member but never considered he might become Spurs all time record scorer.

But my prognosis for Kane was better than the SC poster (who I think has since since migrated here to TFC) who just after Kane's first PL start where he scored a goal bet everyone that Kane would never be better than a Championship level striker. His bet was that he would 'eat his own underpants' if Kane ever made it as a PL striker.

For some reason he later was missing from SC for about a year ...... might have had something with various members reminding him of his bet and wanting photo or video evidence of him carrying out his bet forfeit.

So I'd reserve judgement on how good Sarr and Skipp might become. Good news for those interested in my view is that both might become at least good enough to become regular squad members at either Spurs or other PL level clubs.

Last edited:

"According to a report from Fichajes"

Less reliable than the Metro

Back
Top Bottom