Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Unless the primary keeper is HG, it would be insane to sign a foreign keeper as backup given the squad management problems we’ve had.

NO. UEFA’s international loan limit is dropping by one for each of the next two seasons and it would be helpful not to have an army of wingbacks especially if Conté fucks off.

X2 probably.

That’s a hard pass from me. Having said that, I’d like to see a more progressive playing midfielder— a given if Conté leaves — who turns a little quicker than a sedated rhinoceros.

I did actually say re sign Kyle Walker Peters if Southampton do get relegated this would instantly up our HG and club trained quota by 1 as well as us finally having a fantastic rwb with Djed Spence as backup

Last edited:
Meh. He's not that good.
Read something today on sky sports from a leverkusen insider despite the contract extension they could be tempted to sell if they receive upwards of 50 million which for a 21 year old Defender who is clearly talented is peanuts in todays market especially if he was signed on a long contract- perfect defensive partner for Romero imo

Poch doesn't like DOF system, especially with Paratici still being employed it would be a disaster. He will get more jammed up here than he was first time around.
I suspect Paratici might be toast if the ban goes Europe wide , looking at the Porro saga I personally feel he has been pushed to the margins already

I did actually say re sign Kyle Walker Peters if Southampton do get relegated this would instantly up our HG and club trained quota by 1 as well as us finally having a fantastic rwb with Djed Spence as backup
KWP is ok , not sure i would use the adjective fantastic though, I have been known to be wrong , first couple of games I saw Kane play I thought he was distinctly average , proving if there was any doubt I’m a tool

Mainly because our recruitment prior to Paratici has been pants.

I believe we had about 3/4 different managers which he was here which meant we kept changing philosophies and he was the one who setup some good deals yet Levy either reneged on them or we didn't want to pay.

This is something that people should be blaming Levy for which I find weird because people blame him for everything else apart from this.

I believe we had about 3/4 different managers which he was here which meant we kept changing philosophies and he was the one who setup some good deals yet Levy either reneged on them or we didn't want to pay.

This is something that people should be blaming Levy for which I find weird because people blame him for everything else apart from this.
My head is spinning , of all the people to take a bullet for i did not see Hitchen being that guy. You have resolutely defended Levy for many things which strike people as wrong. I don’t care if the bullet you are taking for Hitchen seems strange to me , credit where it’s due I will no longer feel you defend Levy at all costs , no matter what . I would have not defended Hitchen that is for sure , I fear you may now spend your time defending two people rather than one

BRAVE

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

You are an independent thinker , I will give you that

My head is spinning , of all the people to take a bullet for i did not see Hitchen being that guy. You have resolutely defended Levy for many things which strike people as wrong. I don’t care if the bullet you are taking for Hitchen seems strange to me , credit where it’s due I will no longer feel you defend Levy at all costs , no matter what . I would have not defended Hitchen that is for sure , I fear you may now spend your time defending two people rather than one

BRAVE

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I mean why though?

Unless you listen those clowns in the ENIC thread who think I'm a Levy/ENIC shill or whatever lol

I said this all along about HItchen but people just take that 3 second out of context clip on the documentary and think that our poor strategy was all on him, it wasn't.

I don’t understand the ENIC defence on here I really don’t , however I have never said they are all paid Spurs employees on here to disseminate misinformation. I think they are people with views wildly different to my own , views that I find hard to reconcile .

I might occasionally be a bit sarcastic , hopefully sometimes amusing , but I do try to be civil and mostly I think I manage to be . Prior to Paratici our recruitment has been very poor in recent years , I would tend to blame both Levy and Hitchen

Anyone wanting Richarlison sold is mad! The lad will flourish for us, he’s been battling injuries all season.

Suspect he’ll start tonight

Back
Top Bottom