Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can.

Correlation not causation.

Suggesting anything else wouldn’t stand up to the slightest bit of statistical analysis. Richarlison has just happened to be on the winning side a lot just like Bale just happened to be on the losing one during that freak run.

He’s not doing anything to cause these results, thus the easy conclusion is that it’s just a statistical oddity.
youve never actually played a football match before have you? "statistical analysis" say no more.

football is deeper than a bunch of stats. but if youve never actually played a game before you wouldnt understand that.

That's the good season I was talking about, the 33 goals were in the champo and 14 goals in the prem doesn't justify dropping that amount. Most importantly there are question marks over his attitude and whether he has solved his gambling addiction. After Brentford stood by him, he's seen saying fuck Brentford, not the brightest.
Did he have an addiction, or were they just a load of low value bets

Its been reported many times already that his preference and no 1 choice is to move to Monaco, if that is the case why we still pushing for him, Big Ange has already stated a couple of times he only wants players that want to be here.

PS Being better than Dier is a very very very low bar ;)
Dier was good 2nd or 3rd season under poch and was versatile playing midfield or occasionally at the back. Mourinho and conte slowed him down with their tedious tactics. If we can swap him for fulham defender plus a bit of cash will be happy with that.

It'll be his crossing and cut back ability that'll please Ange.

View: https://twitter.com/simonyemane/status/1695892888498938078

We haven't got anyone on the wings who can do this (That we've seen) - it's a vital option to have.

I think it's possible people are too concerned about the upcoming season where as Ange and the club are thinking about the next few seasons.

Huge question marks about Richarlison
Son isn't getting any younger. His future is probably playing more centrally.
Perisic is probably off after this season
Maybe Kulu's future is actually in one of the 8s ?
Unsure if Solomon will play left or right

We're making judgements only a hand full of matches but we don't know what Ange's ideal team looks like moving forward.

Emerson def > Dier & Tanganga for me.

Reckon he's gonna evolve into a very useful player for us in the coming seasons.
Jack of all trades in the defensive half. Our new... Eric Dier. :eek:

In all seriousness, though, he's going to work his butt off to be the best he can be in any position we play him. If called upon, he may surprise us yet again by becoming an option in positions we didn't think he would be one.

youve never actually played a football match before have you? "statistical analysis" say no more.

football is deeper than a bunch of stats. but if youve never actually played a game before you wouldnt understand that.
He did a ton of work last year that freed up Kane's role, Kane was much more productive with Richy in the team than without.

But Richy's role is different now and while his dogged and effective pressing is very valuable, since Brentford he's been awful when we've been in possession.

He seems classy. But what went on over there? I've boiled it down to two possibilities:

1. When he filled out the 'Full Name' field on the contract they realised he was Portuguese not Arabic.

Or

2. They watched Better Call Saul and now he just creeps them the fuck out.

I don't have a problem in either case. Sign him.
I can think of a third one....he doesn't have or even want a girlfriend? Just putting it out there...

is there better ones about? Think that media watch club had was filtered from newsnow.

I'll explain again in good faith.

Newsnow
is just an aggregator of links.... One that has no concern for credibility of source.

It is not a source itself......

One ought to concern themselves with who the original source is..... A lot of these shit-merchants don't even have or quote or source in their articles..... A lot of the time these articles just quote other articles and when you track them back to the OG source is may not be someone particularly plausible.

If you apply the following logic yourself and only post the OG sourced links (that Newsnow or another aggregator direct you to) then you will 'make friends' quite quickly; but "Newsnow says X" is a throwaway no-credibility point of reference for any so-called story/rumour......

Even JoeBloggs@Twitter holds more relevance cos at least a forum reader can judge for themselves if the source is worth heeding.

He did a ton of work last year that freed up Kane's role, Kane was much more productive with Richy in the team than without.

But Richy's role is different now and while his dogged and effective pressing is very valuable, since Brentford he's been awful when we've been in possession.
it is different. but he has a midfield behind him now where he doesnt have to do much on the ball, he has to get in the box and be alert. why would you want him getting on the ball when you have maddison, bissouma and sarr in midfield? him running his socks off to chase down defenders sets the tempo in the press, thats very valuable on its own, it causes panic and mistakes. he will get goals, but its not even as important as being made out if the teams winning, and winning comfy. weve been by far the stronger side in all 3 games, you really think thats with us having 10 men?

hopefully he starts against fulham and perisic starts on the left, i think thats going to get him off the mark. you can see its starting to get into his head now.

Just will never score enough imo. I get that we're not going to be finding a 30 goal striker anytime soon but a CF at a hopefully top 6 team needs to be getting 15 to 20. We know Son can, Richarlisons best season was 13. I'd prefer him as a hard working nuisance on the left, chipping in with hopefully 8 to 10 goals.
Since Aguero left, City's highest scorers prior to the arrival of Haaland were Gundogan with 13 in 20/21 and KDB with 15 in 21/22. Both midfielders. So I am not buying the "we need a 15-20 goal a season striker" argument.

What is the net spend this summer so far, exclude loans became permanent?

Ashley Phillips (£2million - Blackburn Rovers)
Manor Solomon (free transfer - Shakhtar Donetsk)
Guglielmo Vicario (£16.3million - Empoli)
James Maddison (£40million - Leicester City)
Micky van de Ven (£34.5million - Wolfsburg)
Alejo Véliz (£13million - Rosario Central)

Totals app £105m , correct?

why would you want him getting on the ball when you have maddison, bissouma and sarr in midfield?
I don't, but after a couple of green shoots against Brentford in terms of his runs in behind and touches on the ball allowing moves to continue to progress (Royal should have done much better with Richy's flick in that game), he's offered nothing since and imploded in the second half this weekend.

The CF in this system needs to be a persistent goal threat, among other duties. Richy hasn't been.

Back
Top Bottom