Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who wants fun baseless hope?

I never want to hear about any Spurs interest in an Inter player again!!!

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

This is what happens when you post SC shit, this thread turns into a bitch fest about ITK's, it's soooooo boring.

Trust me when I say this you sound like a bunch of over obsessive teenagers, it's not healthy how much SC live rent free in your collective heads.

Look, post that shit in one of these ffs

Init, just ignore it if you don't believe a word they say
Much easier than throwing a fit

This is what happens when you post SC shit, this thread turns into a bitch fest about ITK's, it's soooooo boring.

Trust me when I say this you sound like a bunch of over obsessive teenagers, it's not healthy how much SC live rent free in your collective heads.

It is also worse when people post it on here because there is only one transfer thread when the SC forum has a BS section which you can ignore. I have looked at ITK rumours over the years and most of it is BS so I just ignore it. I trust journalists with a proven record so much more.

Most of y’all are going to hate me. But I don’t think this window is anything above 6/10 (especially with the others improving) unless we bring in a proper CB and AM. Bissuma is brilliant. Spence I have a lot of hope for, but no guarantees there. Richarlison, I can just about live with.
If we see Maddison come in (finally a replacement for Eriksen) and Pau Torres, I think it’s 9/10. Let’s hope they’re not finished.

Richarlison scored 10 in 28 games last season for a cannon fodder team.

To give you some idea, after Son and Kane, Kulu was the next highest with 5 in 18 and then Pierre with 2 in 36

If you can only "just about live" with Richarlison then pray tell who would you have brought in to improve our scoring options as a second option for Conte to bring on?

I don't think anyone will "hate" you for your post, but would worry more about your logical thinking given the clubs history in past Summer transfer windows.

6/10 my arse as Jim Royale would say.

Conte: "this player is young but he showed he can become a good, important player for us."I don't see where he said Djed isn't his preferred choice.

Surely he is going to do much better than having Moura at RWB. Would be curious to see if it will be Doherty and Spence or Emerson and Spence as the RWB options.

Moura is no wingback.

A fucking liability and it showed in the games in SK.

They are fucking obsessed with something they say is BS. I genuinely think they don't get we don't care about a site I've never once visited.

90Min claim that Tottenham are willing to offer Joe Rodon in a deal to sign Roma sensation Nicolo Zaniolo. The news comes after Juventus have failed in their bid to convince Roma into selling the Italy international.

Zaniolo, 22, was excellent under Mourinho last season. He had a hand in 17 goals during 42 appearances for the Italian giants, as Roma won the Europa Conference League final. Zaniolo scored the winner in the final, against Feyenoord.

Reports this week claim that Mourinho wants to sign Tanguy Ndombele. A loan-to-buy deal is possible – despite a ‘frightening’ permanent clause – if Zaniolo is sold. The report claims Roma want £43million for Zaniolo this summer.

90Min state that Juventus have failed to agree terms for the versatile attacker – perhaps leaving Spurs in the clear to land Zaniolo. The report also says that Spurs are willing to include 24-year-old Rodon in a deal to land the attacker.

TOTTENHAM WILLING TO OFFER RODON IN DEAL FOR ZANIOLO
With Tottenham selling Steven Bergwijn, and Lucas Moura perhaps being an option as a right wing-back, Spurs could do with another attacker. That is, despite the signing of Richarlison. Zaniolo would be perfect.

He offers cover as a striker, on either flank, or as a no.10. Spurs have the cash to spend £43million to sign Zaniolo – but they would surely prefer to reduce that if a player-plus-cash deal has a chance. Rodon is a target for Roma.

With Clement Lenglet on board, Spurs have Davinson Sanchez as cover too. A new centre-back is still a likelihood. So, Rodon may feel he has to go. If valued in the region of £15millon, an offer of £20million plus Rodon may tempt Roma.

A player, that Mourinho has been quoted as saying is “super professional”.

They are fucking obsessed with something they say is BS. I genuinely think they don't get we don't care about a site I've never once visited.
Ill refrain from posting stuff from over there, it was meant purely for jokes and amusement as it always is, yet some on here think its a cart blanche for releasing & unloading all of their repressed anger issues on the poster (only replying to your post , not directing that at you per se :thumbup: )

Last edited:

90Min claim that Tottenham are willing to offer Joe Rodon in a deal to sign Roma sensation Nicolo Zaniolo. The news comes after Juventus have failed in their bid to convince Roma into selling the Italy international.

Zaniolo, 22, was excellent under Mourinho last season. He had a hand in 17 goals during 42 appearances for the Italian giants, as Roma won the Europa Conference League final. Zaniolo scored the winner in the final, against Feyenoord.

Reports this week claim that Mourinho wants to sign Tanguy Ndombele. A loan-to-buy deal is possible – despite a ‘frightening’ permanent clause – if Zaniolo is sold. The report claims Roma want £43million for Zaniolo this summer.

90Min state that Juventus have failed to agree terms for the versatile attacker – perhaps leaving Spurs in the clear to land Zaniolo. The report also says that Spurs are willing to include 24-year-old Rodon in a deal to land the attacker.

TOTTENHAM WILLING TO OFFER RODON IN DEAL FOR ZANIOLO
With Tottenham selling Steven Bergwijn, and Lucas Moura perhaps being an option as a right wing-back, Spurs could do with another attacker. That is, despite the signing of Richarlison. Zaniolo would be perfect.

He offers cover as a striker, on either flank, or as a no.10. Spurs have the cash to spend £43million to sign Zaniolo – but they would surely prefer to reduce that if a player-plus-cash deal has a chance. Rodon is a target for Roma.

With Clement Lenglet on board, Spurs have Davinson Sanchez as cover too. A new centre-back is still a likelihood. So, Rodon may feel he has to go. If valued in the region of £15millon, an offer of £20million plus Rodon may tempt Roma.

A player, that Mourinho has been quoted as saying is “super professional”.
Article states: He [Zaniolo] offers cover as a striker

Is that true? Conte likes his central striker to be able to play with his back to goal.

Can Serie A watchers advise whether Zaniolo has ever played the Lukaku target man role?

If we are in for Zaniolo, then I would have thought he was more of an attacking central midfielder capitalising on a turnover / making a late run into the box (peak Dele role), OR cutting inside from a wide AM position-type (Kulu role).

Kane is our central striker. And Richarlison will surely play centrally if Kane is unavailable for whatever reason.

Article states: He [Zaniolo] offers cover as a striker

Is that true? Conte likes his central striker to be able to play with his back to goal.

Can Serie A watchers advise whether Zaniolo has ever played the Lukaku target man role?

If we are in for Zaniolo, then I would have thought he was more of an attacking central midfielder capitalising on a turnover / making a late run into the box (peak Dele role), OR cutting inside from a wide AM position-type (Kulu role).

Kane is our central striker. And Richarlison will surely play centrally if Kane is unavailable for whatever reason.

Zaniolo playing a 9 is like Kane filling in at GK.

He'd be one of the 2 sitting behind Kane/Richarlison

Back
Top Bottom