Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Incidentally, for those who haven't seen them play yet, Djed Spence and Brennan Johnson (another one Spurs have been watching)
Tomorrow:

PLAY-OFF FINAL​

• Huddersfield Town16:30Nottingham Forest

Eriksen and Perisic will walk in and improve almost any team in PL
We need someone at least as good as Erikson to unpick defences when they park the bus against us, I think we'd have overtaken Chelsea this recent season with him in the team against those 'lesser' teams who tend so sit back against us and get draws etc... unexpected wins.

Really need a class CM who can both dribble and pass, and a forward who can play anywhere across the front three. Need something extra for those games where we have most of the ball. I'm not 100% convinced by Eriksen tbh
Alex Scott of Bristol City fits the mold. He takes people on and is combative as well. Not ready for the first team but he's a no brainer investment if you get someone like Eriksen in.

I highly doubt he will come to be Kane's understudy for the next 4 years (if Kane does sign a new contract).
Yes, Isak will get game time - when Kane is out injured or in cup games. But players like Isak want to play the important games as well.
And apparently, Real Socided wants €80m for him.
I watched a half dozen or so Sociedad games this year. Isak is ok but not quite at our level. He's not better than Bergwijn so I'm not really sure what we'd be using him for. Def not worth 80m- maybe 15-20m though.

It is said Spurs will be in the market for 2 central defenders if they are able to move on one of Sanchez/Tanganga along with Rodon.

Bastoni and a PL veteran like Tarkowski would be great!

And if Levy is able to flog off Winks for 25 mil, then really don't see why milinkovic-savic can't be lured into joining Conte's project
Saiss from Wolves on a free in that case…..

….on the condition he can persuade his fellow countryman Hakimi to join too 😎

I'm sure you know what I meant ;)
I did indeed, was just being facetious for fun, sorry. :)

Need to remind myself as I do every summer - there is no proper football for 3 months now, come on the forum to talk about potential or actual transfers, or don't post at all. 😂

Wonder when we'll get the first one announced - I'm sure we've all read too many "...is ready to sign" and "...has provisionally agreed terms with" and all such nonsense to take any signing for granted until it is officially announced.

The absolute cope of Woolwich fans about us signing Perisic is hilarious. They also seem to think all our money is actually going to buy Kulu and Romero.

All the while they aren’t getting linked with anybody worth while and they resign League 1 level Nketiah to lead their line

Both Hojbjerg and Bentancur are better than McKennie for our team, I'd think. Maybe I'm underrating him, but I don't think he gets on the ball half enough to play in our midfield two.
McKennie started over Bentancur at Juve. Not sure how Bent is better.

I do agree that there is a tier above McKennie, like SMS, but McKennie is a very good player and the way he gets into the box and finishes would probably help us break down teams that park the bus.

last season was one of his best seasons ever so I'm don't even think he's past his best despite his age.
Woolwich thought the same when they signed Willian. You have to be very careful with older players, they can quickly drop off the cliff in terms of form, desire and performances

Back
Top Bottom