Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Imagine going from Emerson and Sess to Perisic and Kostic for a measly 12m in total.

:contefists:
pleats-anchorman.gif

We need players who are good. Doesn’t matter if we’ve heard of them or not. That’s why we have a scouting system and a director of football.

Everyone had heard of Ndombele before he rolled up here (off the back of two CL matches against City) but how did that turn out?
I think its more not trusting the scouting setup now that it's been so shit for so long. There was a period several years back now where it felt like we were smashing all our young buys. We were excited about Holtby, FFS.

But then it all just went to shit. Now people you've heard of just feel safer. After the buys in January, though, I'm cautiously optimistic. Couple more windows like that and we'll be back to championing new signings, no matter that they're teenagers from Mauritius.

He played plenty on right flank during his career for Croatia national team, and earlier in his Inter career. Also played on the right during his loan at Bayern. Evidently when he was subbed on in CL final as defensive tactic to press PSG left flank out of the game: Neymar ended up so isolated and had to dribble 2-3 players from PSG own half in vain as PSG couldn't progress the ball by normal mean.
That’s like me saying Son played plenty on right side. Yes he had some games, but compared to him playing on left side, it’s nothing.

Fair play. Perisic would be a phenomenal signing.

No transfer fee, wages aren’t crazy and we’d be getting a fantastic player, with tons of experience at the highest level.

Such an un-Levy thing to do.

I imagine Sess will learn a fuck load from Perisic.

A player who knows exactly what Conte wants and expects. It’s one thing being told something, but being able to see it will make it that much easier.

Smart move if true.

Back
Top Bottom