Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we want to go to that next level we need to be signing for Bellingham's of the world, not the Bissouma's. Not that Bissouma isn't a very good player, but Bellingham will be a genuine difference maker for years to come.
If I could have one of them in my starting 11 right now its 100% Bissouma, Bellingham could obviously become a better player but we have absolutely no chance of signing him. He didn't move to Dortmund so his next move could be Tottenham, he wont move unless its to one of the European giants.

Bellingham holds great promise but he's not kicked a ball in the EPL.

All these so-called dead certs in the BL; how comes BVB didn't smash the Europa League this season?

He doesn't need to. He was starting for Birmingham in the championship at 16 and was the best player on the pitch almost every time he played. He's now been ripping it up in the BL at 18 (!!!) and whenever he plays for England he looks a class above his compatriots.

Also Frankfurt won the EL. Cup competitions aren't always the best indicator, Leipzig & Dortmund probably didn't focus it as much as clubs like Rangers or Frankfurt did. Bellingham is about as close to a sure thing as you can get, he's worth 10 of a Hojbjerg or a Bentancur.

If I could have one of them in my starting 11 right now its 100% Bissouma, Bellingham could obviously become a better player but we have absolutely no chance of signing him. He didn't move to Dortmund so his next move could be Tottenham, he wont move unless its to one of the European giants.

He is already a much better player than Bissouma. And I rate Bissouma highly.

But yeah, we aren't getting him. We'd have to spend an entire summers budget to get him & the player is likely waiting for Liverpool.

Calvin Bassey of Rangers looks to be a bloody good player. Plays as a left CB or LWB. Strong as an ox with a good touch. Quick as well. Leicester sold him to Rangers. A bit raw but he will be a good buy for someone.

The CB I want though is Kim Min-jae.

He doesn't need to. He was starting for Birmingham in the championship at 16 and was the best player on the pitch almost every time he played. He's now been ripping it up in the BL at 18 (!!!)

It's the sketchiness of the BL that I have in mind here.

whenever he plays for England he looks a class above his compatriots.

Bit of an overstatement in a team that has Kane, Foden Sterling, Rice etc. in it.

Also Frankfurt won the EL. Cup competitions aren't always the best indicator, Leipzig & Dortmund probably didn't focus it as much as clubs like Rangers or Frankfurt did. Bellingham is about as close to a sure thing as you can get,

I'm not doubting the kid.

I just expect that, once again, the EPL to proves be a bit of a leveler for the BL star that sees him have to develop and improve further before hitting the heights that his promise suggests in a notably tougher league....

In the meantime compare that prospect to Bissouma whom we see bossing games in a mid-table team in the EPL already.... A 'now' signing, if you will.

....The latter is the player suggested to be indicative or a lack of "ambition".

he's worth 10 of a Hojbjerg or a Bentancur.

He'll likely cost 7-8 times as much too.

Bold and un-evidenced claim, fella.

It's not a claim, it's an opinion. I've seen both play a whole bunch and Bellingham just has so much more in his locker.

I don't know how I'd provide evidence, but Bellingham has already achieved more in the game than Bissouma and he's 18 years old.

It's not a claim, it's an opinion.

Reads as a statement of fact, but fair enough.

I've seen both play a whole bunch and Bellingham just has so much more in his locker.

Again, the EPL could easily bring him down a peg in the short-medium term.

I don't know how I'd provide evidence, but Bellingham has already achieved more in the game than Bissouma and he's 18 years old.

.....Such as????

It's the sketchiness of the BL that I have in mind here.

Bit of an overstatement in a team that has Kane, Foden Sterling, Rice etc. in it.

I'm not doubting the kid.

I just expect that, once again, the EPL to proves be a bit of a leveler for the BL star that sees him have to develop and improve further before hitting the heights that his promise suggests in a notably tougher league....

In the meantime compare that prospect to Bissouma whom we see bossing games in a mid-table team in the EPL already.... A 'now' signing, if you will.

....The latter is the player suggested to be indicative or a lack of "ambition".

He'll likely cost 7-8 times as much too.

The BL isn't the issue. It's a good league which has provided lots of good PL players. Is it as good as the PL overall? No. Is it more attacking with more space? Yes, so it's up to scouts to identify the players who are thriving under those circumstances and those who can step it up to any level. Bellingham was at his best this season in the high pressure, European games. He ran the show.

I meant in terms of midfielders. I love Rice but Bellingham is on a different level in terms of ability and it shows, he's magic .. he has that little bit extra that you look for when you're identifying a generational level talent.

He'd be fine. He's stepped up to every level he's played at and he's 18 years of age.

Bissouma would be a great signing, but he's not a Bellingham. If you sign Bellingham you'd be paying for the insane potential + already great current ability.

Because the upside is far lower. Bissouma is what he is. Bellingham could be one of the best midfielders in the world. Although to clarify, I wouldn't see signing Bissouma as lacking ambition .. we have no actual chance at signing Bellingham.

Sure, and justify it. Lads barely got through his GCSE's and is better than both of them combined.

Again, the EPL could easily bring him down a peg in the short-medium term.

.....Such as????

The 18 year old who starts week in week out for a CL level German club, who was brilliant against Manchester City in Europe (and nearly every game they play on the continent) and who looks class for England would struggle to step up to PL level? Why?

A trophy, for one. Caps for a top level national side. Playing for one of the top 15 teams in world football week in week out, taking part in a major international tournament, massive performances in European competitions. There's a reason the teams linked with Bellingham are Madrid, Liverpool & City. Bissouma's a good player, Bellingham is special.

The BL isn't the issue. It's a good league which has provided lots of good PL players. Is it as good as the PL overall? No. Is it more attacking with more space? Yes, so it's up to scouts to identify the players who are thriving under those circumstances and those who can step it up to any level. Bellingham was at his best this season in the high pressure, European games. He ran the show.

I meant in terms of midfielders. I love Rice but Bellingham is on a different level in terms of ability and it shows, he's magic .. he has that little bit extra that you look for when you're identifying a generational level talent.

He'd be fine. He's stepped up to every level he's played at and he's 18 years of age.

Bissouma would be a great signing, but he's not a Bellingham. If you sign Bellingham you'd be paying for the insane potential + already great current ability.

Because the upside is far lower. Bissouma is what he is. Bellingham could be one of the best midfielders in the world. Although to clarify, I wouldn't see signing Bissouma as lacking ambition .. we have no actual chance at signing Bellingham.

Sure, and justify it. Lads barely got through his GCSE's and is better than both of them combined.

The BL very much is a factor for me.

We're both just forcasting here mate.... I doubt either of us will be swayed and I don't wanna lose sight of the deeper basis for my comments.

Obv. Bellingham is a sweet player; it's not a question of if he rips up the EPL; just when.

Last edited:
If Real Madrid are after Milinkovic-Savic, yes, forget about Spurs having a chance - and with Kroos being 32, Cashemiro 30 and Modric turning 37 it makes sense for them to look for replacements.
I have my doubt about Dest's defensive qualities but he's got the technique of an attacker but I can understand him wanting to work with a familiar coach (although he not long ago said he was happy at Barca).

BARCELONA are ready to let full-back Sergino Dest leave for £24m, with Man Utd said to be in the driving seat if they choose to bid.

Chelsea are reported to be interested in the American, but Dest is said to have his heart set on working with Eric ten Hag again.

Meanwhile, Leeds' Kalvin Phillips has reportedly told friends he will never move to Old Trafford.

And the Red Devils face a battle with Real Madrid for the signature of Lazio's Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.
camavinga, they have too mayn mids if they sign sms

they will still play modric so camavinga falls down the pecking order

You're dreaming my guy. Madrid rate Camavinga extremely highly, he turned the game round vs Man City. He's 19, they're not about to sell him because he's a squad player for Madrid, and the player isn't about to kick up a fuss either.

Plus everyone else would be throwing in massive bids too. We need to be at least semi realistic here.

The 18 year old who starts week in week out for a CL level German club, who was brilliant against Manchester City in Europe (and nearly every game they play on the continent) and who looks class for England would struggle to step up to PL level? Why?

Why?

Ask Werner, Sancho, Pulisic, Havertz (yes, him too.)

:tanguyhuh:

: P

A trophy, for one. Caps for a top level national side. Playing for one of the top 15 teams in world football week in week out, taking part in a major international tournament, massive performances in European competitions. There's a reason the teams linked with Bellingham are Madrid, Liverpool & City. Bissouma's a good player, Bellingham is special.

He's playing in a stronger team that Brighton.... It's a more fertile place to grow his game.....

It's been said over and over; BVB provide a fairly unique platform for young players given their place in their domestic pecking order and the low-pressure/high level competition they provide.

They're the ultimate stepping stone club.

And Kulusevci? What we’re his stats at Juventus before we signed him? Had a very poor season, and now look. If you go by stats, it’s just a simplistic view of it. You already admitted you don’t watch Juventus. Dybala is class and we need class players. We need a class squad like Liverpool. Dybala on a free? No brainer son
Dybala is a pure talent, entered, if I'm not mistaken, in the top ten of Juventus' best scorers. He has not been renewed his contract because he has a team of goat attorneys. He has had to renew it for two years and trusting these idiots he has made too high demands. Whoever takes Dybala makes a bargain but he has to check his physical condition: in the last three years he has missed many games.

Why?

Ask Werner, Sancho, Pulisic, Havertz (yes, him too.)

:tanguyhuh:

: P

He's playing in a stronger team that Brighton.... It's a more fertile place to grow his game.....

It's been said over and over; BVB provide a fairly unique platform for young players given their place in their domestic pecking order and the low-pressure/high level competition they provide.

They're the ultimate stepping stone club.

Sancho will be fine, United are just dysfunctional as hell. Pulisic was mediocre at Dortmund and on the bench for Sancho, so if anything being in and out of the side at Chelsea is pretty much showing exactly the same level. Havertz is one of Chelsea's best players.

I don't disagree about Dortmund but I just don't think it applies to Bellingham. His personality at 18 is silly, he's adjusted/settled to playing in senior football, international football, European football & German football seemlessly. He's the kind of footballer who works well anywhere.

Camavinga is still only 19 and he's been an understudy all season anyway. being groomed to take over for Casimiro. So Real would still need a CMF to replace Modric/Kroos (Valverde filling the "3rd" CMF spot)

Back
Top Bottom