Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lyon will struggle with the fee for Ndombele, but they do have a couple of midfielders who fit the profile of what we need in Caqueret and Aouar. Both more progressive and dynamic types than Hojbjerg and Bentancur.

Caqueret particularly is a busy little fucker who is a kind of 6/8 hybrid- bit light, lacks physicality, but puts himself about, technically very good, press resistant, plays with his head up and moves the ball through midfield with alacrity.

Aouar is better in an 8 remit, linking midfield to attack and joining the attack. Technically very good.

Neither are perfect, both have flaws, but if we are struggling for a solution to the Ndombele problem, one or both of these could be part of a solution with Lyon.

Another player I quite like is Faivre, 23yo AM, technically good, can dribble and see a pass.

Also, Malo Gusto, 19yo RB. Not totally convinced by him, especially his defending, but he is a lively fucker, who likes to bomb forward.
I was going to mention him then but then I saw that you did already. And this is where top-notch scouts show their worth. In 1-2 years he can be Real M's 1st choice RB ...or yet another (Lyon) talent who failed to live up to his potential.
If Spurs act now they may - I repeat may - have a future world-class RB/RWB ....

I've got hopes for Tobi Omole in our U23's.

Seen him a few times this season, not too different from Bassey and a genuine left footed CB.

Hope Tobi gets a loan.

Thoughts on Marcus Lavinier (RWB/LWB) - has been on bench a couple of times and about 10 mins in EL under Mourhino ?

Both will count as over 21's next season (Tobi was this season), so both likely to be sensible to be loaned out, unless we are short of number where with both counting as HG they could be in first team squad - although not sure Conte would play them enough (lets say minimum 10 appearances, mainly off bench) to make it good experience for them

I like the player, but I don't think he much improves our first xi, soon to be 28, and would cost more than £30m. He makes our squad better, but there's surely savvier moves you could be making
Agreed and i dont think we need
squad players we need first teamers. If we do buy squad players they should be 20/21 with room for improvement to challenge the first team not 28.

I was going to mention him then but then I saw that you did already. And this is where top-notch scouts show their worth. In 1-2 years he can be Real M's 1st choice RB ...or yet another (Lyon) talent who failed to live up to his potential.
If Spurs act now they may - I repeat may - have a future world-class RB/RWB ....
Gusto has been incredible this season, and he definetely looks like a Conte player. Besides can you imagine Gusto as a RWB and Cucurrella as a LWB? Hair FC. :ledleylick:

I like the player, but I don't think he much improves our first xi, soon to be 28, and would cost more than £30m. He makes our squad better, but there's surely savvier moves you could be making
Quite possibly.

As long as they have the same level of this guy's mix of grit, aggression, indefatigability, passion, determination and 'leave-everything-on-the-field' mentality, I'd be for it.

squad players we need first teamers. If we do buy squad players they should be 20/21 with room for improvement to challenge the first team not 28.
Like I rate McGinn and he'd be a super Winks replacement at 15m if he had a year left on his contract, but he's a guy who plays in spurts and definitely not measured enough to play in a midfield two for a top 4 side. Kamara on a free transfer, Phillips, Bissouma, Merino (Sociedad).

That young lad, Busio for Venezia, would be a a nice pickup if we had Europa League to play him in.

Just a remainder that 90% of things posted here are complete shit. If you read them and think they’re true you will then be upset that the real world has not met the expectations set by people on the internet who made stuff up to get your attention.
But maybe you made this up to get our attention?

slinky loop GIF by Sam Cannon

Me getting ready to scream insults at Levy when we don't sign Lewandowski as our backup CF.

be prepared the lion king GIF
Every year there are people who say “we were linked with X Y Z and ended up with A - complete lack of ambition!”

This year will be “we were linked with Bastoni and Gvardiol and ended up with X”. Hopefully X is Pau Torres.

Even “reputable” journalists at the athletic are spouting names but it’s way too soon for ANYONE to have a clear idea on who we’re signing. Champions league qualification isn’t even confirmed yet and was only better than 50% in the last few days.

I’ll be honest and say what I’ve seen so far doesn’t exactly say to me world-class, so far I’d say his defending and attacking can be a bit erratic, and he might lack a bit of physicality, but he seems quickish, tenacious, energetic, so there might be a half decent young kid in there you can develop.

I have not seen enough, or paid enough attention to him when I have been watching, to really form a solid opinion, just floating the notion based on our needs and the Ndombele situation.

As a CM, do you lads think Jacob Ramsey would be a good Conte player? Whenever I've watched Villa this season, he's been incredible. Only 20 as well.

Even then with CL in effect we need squad players that are able to contribute at EPL/CL level.....

First team purchases will by proxy improve our bench..... Then we can worry about farming a next gen the year after.

I’ll be honest and say what I’ve seen so far doesn’t exactly say to me world-class, so far I’d say his defending and attacking can be a bit erratic, and he might lack a bit of physicality, but he seems quickish, tenacious, energetic, so there might be a half decent young kid in there you can develop.

I have not seen enough, or paid enough attention to him when I have been watching, to really form a solid opinion, just floating the notion based on our needs and the Ndombele situation.
Player swaps could work well in this situation, his wages could be a problem though.

Don Corleone Don Corleone maybe care to elaborate ? Ofc you always have full right to just push "disagree".
But call me an optimist - I prefer to see discussion on top of it.

I just pointed out some facts - like that he has scored only 47 goals across past 4 seasons. Which makes on average less than 12 goals per season. And he is close to 29 so hardly a young prospect. Why should we pay him large salary based on this info? While our 2 starting attackers are 29 and 30 respectively?

And Kulusevci? What we’re his stats at Juventus before we signed him? Had a very poor season, and now look. If you go by stats, it’s just a simplistic view of it. You already admitted you don’t watch Juventus. Dybala is class and we need class players. We need a class squad like Liverpool. Dybala on a free? No brainer son

And Kulusevci? What we’re his stats at Juventus before we signed him? Had a very poor season, and now look. If you go by stats, it’s just a simplistic view of it. You already admitted you don’t watch Juventus. Dybala is class and we need class players. We need a class squad like Liverpool. Dybala on a free? No brainer son

Only that he does not come for free.
We would have to give him significant signing bonus.
We would have to give him high salary.
We would have to give him long contract.

Regarding Kulusevski, yea. I see your point. He was poor there this season. While Dybala numbers have been poor across 4 seasons. Out of which 1 he almost missed due to injury.
But he is 21, so could be in upward direction. And he is 186 cm and bulky. Dybala 177 cm and to me not that strong physically.

We have had two lightweight Argies here recently - both had constant injury issues even though their track record regarding that was quite good. Now to bring someone with already dodgy health, fragile build and already close to 30... I just don't see the pros outweighing cons.

But if you watch a lot of Juve games and say that he is very good there, he could still make some magic happen in EPL as well, then fair play. I can respect your opinion. Just to me he seems like a fading star, and I would want someone who has also potential to step up.

Probably is for the best tbh.

The romantic in me would love to see us sign him simply because he would be such a statement/blockbuster signing.

However in reality we all know what would happen. He’d probably arrive injured and not play a game for a month. Then he’d spend the season trying to catch up fitness wise. Then hed come back, show flashes of brilliance but get injured again. Then after a very poor first season there would be constant rumours of him being unhappy/wanting to leave until he eventually fucks off to Spain or back to Italy having flopped big time.

It was a signing that probably should have happened in 2019, but didn’t.
Different team with a very different manager now.

Back
Top Bottom