Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There was some talk that he might not be announced in June because his contract doesn’t expire until the 30th.

Twitter talk though, so take it with a mountain of salt
As I understand it he can be announced now that there is less than a month on his deal. But I could of course be wrong.

So at present we'll probably line up like this.

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Doherty Hojbjerg Bentancur Persicic
Kulusevski Kane Son

Where is the most pressing area to improve now? Hojbjerg? Davies? Dier even?

When is Skipp due to be back? Are we to assume that he'll come straight in for Hojbjerg?

Obviously we need a few more as the 5 subs come in next season - but it's not looking bad.

Bench includes

Forster
Sessegnon
Royale
Lucas
Bergwijn
Doherty can not be a starter. Once we've improved that move onto Hojbjerg (who I absolutely rate but I would like someone in as a starting CM). Once that's done move onto Davies.

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Kulusevski Kane Son

When is Skipp due to be back? Are we to assume that he'll come straight in for Hojbjerg?

Obviously we need a few more as the 5 subs come in next season - but it's not looking bad.

Bench includes

Forster
Sessegnon
Royale
Lucas
Bergwijn
1. Doherty
2. Davies
3. Höjbjerg

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Kulusevski Kane Son

Hjojberg-Bentancur would be my first answer.
One of them can start, no probz. But two together - not a good enough combination for me.

But Doherty comes very-very close after them - cause from him just the sample size is small + against lesser teams mainly.

Then there is long-long-long gap with every other position. No one the CB trio is pressing issue. How they played last like 14 games or what it was - just absolutely outstanding. They can be improved, ofc, but they played really well and deserve praise.

I still think this would be a very good signing tbh.

I'd be pretty disappointed going into the season with him being our RWB, it would have made a bit more sense signing him in January in a limited market but now when we have all Summer to target a player who can actually play in that position and we end up with him? nah sorry.

I'd be pretty disappointed going into the season with him being our RWB, it would have made a bit more sense signing him in January in a limited market but now when we have all Summer to target a player who can actually play in that position and we end up with him? nah sorry.

Now I hope we sign him as first choice just to boil your piss.

:adethumbup:

And you'll like it and you'll respect it!

Davies (although he will be a very useful squad player)
Doherty (although of course we could end up with Doherty/Spence or Traore/Doherty...)
PEH (Not going like for like here - we need more creativity - Eriksen?)
I like the idea about Eriksen, but in reality...... Maybe it's best to remember him and how good he was the first time.

He can unlock a pass though and may be great firing it up to the front 3 breaking the offside - a bit like Kane was doing.... But this time we'd have Kane up top receiving it.

Hmmm.... I think I want Eriksen now.

I like the idea about Eriksen, but in reality...... Maybe it's best to remember him and how good he was the first time.

He can unlock a pass though and may be great firing it up to the front 3 breaking the offside - a bit like Kane was doing.... But this time we'd have Kane up top receiving it.

Hmmm.... I think I want Eriksen now.

I genuinely think, as it would be on a free, he'd be a very good squad asset.

Hjojberg-Bentancur would be my first answer.
One of them can start, no probz. But two together - not a good enough combination for me.

But Doherty comes very-very close after them - cause from him just the sample size is small + against lesser teams mainly.

Then there is long-long-long gap with every other position. No one the CB trio is pressing issue. How they played last like 14 games or what it was - just absolutely outstanding. They can be improved, ofc, but they played really well and deserve praise.
The Hojbjerg upgrade is Skipp. Our best midfielder before his injury and improving rapidly under Conte. Still underrated by many here.

We'll see your energy when he ends up doing this in the NLD

What The Fuck Wtf GIF

WTF!!!!

Golden rule of defending at any level of football is never to play the ball across your own fucking goal!

I played in division 5 of the pembrokeshire leagues for fuck sake, and even I knew this.

Ok, changed my mind. Igula for RWB.

Last edited:

Joe Rodon from Tottenham Hotspur, with the centre-back likely to leave in some capacity this summer.

Rodon endured a frustrating campaign, making only 10 appearances in all competitions. He only made two substitute appearances in the Premier League following Antonio Conte’s appointment.

Nottingham Forest interested in Rodon

Tottenham are looking to sign a new centre-back this summer. And reports in January claimed that Conte wanted to let the 24-year-old leave. So it is no surprise that he now looks set to move on in this window.

It remains to be seen if Tottenham loan him out or sell him permanently this summer. But interest is building, with Gold suggesting that Forest have their eye on Rodon following their promotion to the Premier League.

“I think there’s interest from Forest, certainly,” he told his YouTube channel. “Obviously Steve Cooper was his former Swansea manager, Welsh as well. He knows him very well. I’d be stunned if Forest don’t show some real interest in him in the weeks ahead.”

Nottingham Forest interested in Rodon
Cooper looks to be building something special at the City Ground. He masterminded their turnaround following his appointment. They were in the relegation zone when he came in.

They look to have an amazing team spirit. But obviously, they will want to add quality to their ranks before their top-flight return.

And, as Gold suggests, Cooper knows how good Rodon can be. He once claimed that it was an ‘honour‘ to work with the defender. And he labelled him ‘fantastic’.

A loan move could work out brilliantly for all parties. Rodon would get the chance to prove himself in the Premier League, while Forest would get a very good centre-back through the door.

Meanwhile, Tottenham can take their time before deciding what Rodon’s long-term future holds.

But perhaps, it may not be a loan move Forest are after.

There's got to be a bit of Paratici/Levy that want to get him for 10 million or something derisory. But he would be a bigger gamble than Spence or Doherty. Got Sissoko risk : you try and play him in a new position and he ends up back in the old one.
Traore's contract runs out this month. He'd be free.

The Hojbjerg upgrade is Skipp. Our best midfielder before his injury and improving rapidly under Conte. Still underrated by many here.

Serious question.
You're in a room with Conte, Levy, Paratici and the three of them say "the money is there, we're going to try to win the Premier League this coming season, whatever it takes"

Is Skipp starting the majority of games in midfield in a team genuinely trying to win the Premier League?
Are you gonna look Conte in the eye and say "Skipp is the man you want"

We'll see your energy when he ends up doing this in the NLD

Watching that, yes it's a bit schoolboy to hit the ball back into the box, agreed. But let's not ignore the fac there is a VR attacker in the box, totally unmarked with 2 Barca defenders not picking him or anyone else up. That's a shambolic goal from all of them to concede.

Traore has misplaced a pass to the Barca no.15 there, who, had he got the pass, was free to turn and take the ball out of defence.

A series of catastrophic events there.

Back
Top Bottom