Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Haha, the lazy cunt thought Barca was his level now Galatasary are the only team in for him. shambles
I’ve posted before many times about how I wanted him to do well. Just the sort of magical talent spurs have always had and entertaining. However it’s not gonna work but I just don’t understand the mindset of the player or his advisors. Here is at a big club in the PL paid extremely well in a great stadium and fans who would adore if he pulled his finger out but seemingly wants to throw his career down the pan. They must know no club of any note wants him. As a professional athlete he must have some pride. I really don’t get it or his just too thick and his people are happy to collect £200k / wk and live off him.

I’ve posted before many times about how I wanted him to do well. Just the sort of magical talent spurs have always had and entertaining. However it’s not gonna work but I just don’t understand the mindset of the player or his advisors. Here is at a big club in the PL paid extremely well in a great stadium and fans who would adore if he pulled his finger out but seemingly wants to throw his career down the pan. They must know no club of any note wants him. As a professional athlete he must have some pride. I really don’t get it or his just too thick and his people are happy to collect £200k / wk and live off him.
Completely agree. He’s genuinely one of my favourite players to watch with the ball at his feet.

I think to be a top level footballer, you need to have an elite mentality, something which people outside of the profession don’t have. He clearly lacks this too, which is a massive shame, there’s so many kids out there who would kill to be in his position.

What if Newcastle can offer him more money (than Spurs) and guarantee him him being a regular start (something Spurs can't guarantee) :cool:
If we want him and he doesnt favour champions league, Conte, linking up with Kane and Son, and London over them then i'm not sure i'd want him here anyway. I really hope we're in for him, we need a creative player, we need homegrown players and we have the money. Absolute no brainer.

If Chelsea buy Forfan from Leicester, I suspect they will need to pay say 50m/60m, and that's probably enough for Rogers to rebuild his side

And if Forfan goes, then Leicester will be fighting to keep Maddison.

So just depends which player goes, I doubt if Leicester want or need to sell both

If Chelsea buy Forfan from Leicester, I suspect they will need to pay say 50m/60m, and that's probably enough for Rogers to rebuild his side

So just depends which player goes, I doubt if Leicester want or need to sell both
Doubt it they lose money per year than Chelsea.

We got to be all over that.

We need to take a page right out of the Chelsea playbook. We can't allow a team who will be chasing us to improve. Take what they want. Make ourselves better and prevent them from improving. The cost of war is great, but the prize is priceless.

Rogers has a great record of reinvesting after selling a star player

I think if Ndombele or Lo Celso wanted to succeed they would follow Werner's example and take a pay cut to move on - and Werner has been more successful at Chelsea than either of our two players have been at Spurs.

Choice between Newcastle and Spurs? No brainer. We bid with them, we get Maddison. If Newcastle are our competition then he’s ours if we truly want him
I wouldn't be so sure. Newcastle can offer him mega wages, he'll be a guaranteed starter, and there's a likelihood they'll be in the CL in the next 2-3 years. So I don't think it's as much of a slam dunk that he'll go for us instead, where he'll be a bench option and probably on slightly lower wages.

2 years left on his contract. If they want decent money they have to sell now
That's clearly a factor but on the other hand, if you asked Rogers I think he'd keep Maddison and sell Fofana to Chelsea, a club he has links with. Maddison's goals and assists will be hard to replace.

There's a lot we don't know. Does Maddison even want to come to Spurs given his history and lack of a guaranteed starting role?

Back
Top Bottom