Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In other news Chelsea have a friendly tonight and have named azpilicueta as captain…

A man actively trying to leave the club!!

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Zaniolo is an interesting one, so many red flags but Conte and Paratici have both independently been after him for years so not at all surprised he’s emerged as a target.

Kind of a utility player who has never found his ideal role, but being a clear Conte priority you’d have to think he has strong ideas on how to get best out of him. Obviously “if Conte wants him” has become a bit of a meme, but this really is a case where you have trust his judgment. Massive talent but needs the right fit and coach.

In other news Chelsea have a friendly tonight and have named azpilicueta as captain…

A man actively trying to leave the club!!

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Still seems like they have a lot of money to throw around so i'm not going to point and laugh just yet, but yeah a lot to like as a Spurs supporter

Maybe one that got away. Interesting to see how he does, good deal for Milan

From what I‘ve seen of him (two CL games, so hardly extensive), I think he’s too similar to Kulu. Drifts around on the right.

I think he’s a decent player but unlikely to be the sort of exceptional one that we need to make the next step.

Allegedly one of these will be the next one in.

On the basis of my extensive knowledge of players (and a few minutes of you tube highlights reels) I’m all in on Paqueta. Strong on the ball, reminiscent of ‘Moose’ Dembele. A bit one footed but if his left is that good that’s fine by me.

What are you waiting for, Danny boy?

:levyeyes:

EDIT: I like him even more now, according to the Express, he wants to join one of two clubs in the Premier League: Man City or Spurs. And he has told Woolwich to poke off. Someone needs to start a “Have we signed …” thread on this chap.

Last edited:
From what I‘ve seen of him (two CL games, so hardly extensive), I think he’s too similar to Kulu. Drifts around on the right.

I think he’s a decent player but unlikely to be the sort of exceptional one that we need to make the next step.

We need an alternative to Kulusevski as an AM - we've pretty much got alternates to most positions for rotation and injury cover, so think that he could have fitted that well.

Still only 22, so plenty of development to do, and versatile enough to cover any of the forward 3 positions. Shame he's gone to Milan

We need an alternative to Kulusevski as an AM - we've pretty much got alternates to most positions for rotation and injury cover, so think that he could have fitted that well.

Still only 22, so plenty of development to do, and versatile enough to cover any of the forward 3 positions. Shame he's gone to Milan
Agree.

I just think that as we now have Richarlison, we don’t need any new signing to stand in for Kane; so we’re looking for an out and out right sided AM. Not sure if he’s good enough for that.

But yes, I’ll be interested to see how he gets on.

Back
Top Bottom