Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disaster of a transfer window in my opinion...
A goalkeeper we didn't need,
A young winger nobody had heard of who maybe decent in a few years.
A centre back who is apparently decent but who still has not really played and doesn't look like doing so for a while due to internationals and then quarantine after which he has another international break ...
A midfielder who is about 15 and again maybe one for the future, who has been loaned back to his French team .
And eventually a right back, who I am slightly concerned about as he is an unknown quantity and Barca happily gave him up with no buy back of anything....
So basically we still need a centre back and a midfielder and a striker just like we did before the transfer window opened.........
We have romero but gave up Toby....he should be playing with Toby...
I’m not saying we had a brilliant transfer window, but a disaster is a stretch.

1. We definitely needed a keeper, Gollini is an upgrade on Hart and shows we’re planning on life after Hugo
2. Gil has already showed promising signs, most of the good signings we’ve made in the last 10 years have been close to unknowns
3. This Romero situation isn’t ideal with the internationals but he’s only 23 and was the defender of the year in the Serie A last season. If we get 7 odd years of quality out of him we’ll forget his first few months saw him barely play.
4. You literally make it seem like a bad thing that we’re signing players for the future, he turns 19 in a week and will hopefully have a season on loan then be ready to come back and play. As we’ve seen with Skipp this year.
5. As you may be aware, Barca are completely broke and just loss the greatest player of all time on a free and let go of Griezmann on a 100m loss
6. Centre backs personally I’m happy with seeing we got Romero. I would have liked to see another midfielder come in but without Tanguy going we couldn’t really have 7 centre mids. Striker is a bit of a mess but do we really need another Janssen, Llorente or Vinicius? They all only made about 10 starts a season in all comps and 1-2 in the league.
7. Toby has been shit for two seasons IMO and was on big wages, even though they’re shit too I’d rather Sanchez and Dier as we can hopefully get a couple seasons and maybe recoup a fee (or ideally see them continue their current form)

Again, it wasn’t the best window by any stretch but not the worst. I’d rather do what we did than spunk 150m on fuck all like the wankers down the road.

Despite the claims that ENIC are only in it for the short term there is a very clear long term plan now coming into focus .... just how good could this under 25 (+Gollini 26) line up become?

GK - Gollini 26

CB's - Romero 23 - Sanchez 25 - Rodon 23 - Tanganga 22

FB's - Regulion 24 - Emerson 22

DM - Skipp 20 - Winks 25

CM - Ndombele 24 - LoCelso 25 -

AM - Dele 25 - Sessegnon 21

Wing - Gil 20 - Bergwijn 23 - Clarke 20

Striker - Scarlett 17
Looks average, at best.

Being positive, let's hope the CBs and FBs come good.

I like Skipp. I'd rather play Winks in goal than as a DM.

Ndombele might end up being so chunky he'll have his own gravitational pull. Lo Celso, again, being positive, might come good. But he's been underwhelming so far.

I'm not a huge fan of Dele but again, trying to be positive, he might rediscover early career form. Sess looks timid.

Gil could be fantastic. Clarke invisible. Bergwijn, no strong opinion yet, although he could do with some shooting boots.

No opinion on Scarlett.

That team could win a League Cup. Not in the same galaxy as a title challenging side.

Despite the claims that ENIC are only in it for the short term there is a very clear long term plan now coming into focus .... just how good could this under 25 (+Gollini 26) line up become?

GK - Gollini 26

DM - Skipp 20 - Winks 25

Striker - Scarlett 17 Parrott 19
Midtable mediocrity

Looks average, at best.

Being positive, let's hope the CBs and FBs come good.

I like Skipp. I'd rather play Winks in goal than as a DM.

Ndombele might end up being so chunky he'll have his own gravitational pull. Lo Celso, again, being positive, might come good. But he's been underwhelming so far.

I'm not a huge fan of Dele but again, trying to be positive, he might rediscover early career form. Sess looks timid.

Gil could be fantastic. Clarke invisible. Bergwijn, no strong opinion yet, although he could do with some shooting boots.

No opinion on Scarlett.

That team could win a League Cup. Not in the same galaxy as a title challenging side.
Hard to know exactly who, but there's every chance you have 3-4 really excellent players emerging from that group over the next couple of years.

Which as you say, is a galaxy away from actually challenging for the title.

GK - Gollini 26

DM - Skipp 20 - Winks 25

Striker - Scarlett 17 Parrott 19
Shameless propaganda from a part time enic dog, part time Bangkok pedophile.

if we do have 50m to spend on adama we really should be picking up a quality playmaker for that money instead. we have 2 in gio and ndombele but neither have his the standards we thought we would get for the money we paid.
Totally agree, but then Nuno has worked with the player and obviously thinks he'd improve what we have. I wouldn't be surprised if he moves in January when Wolves and Mendes have had time to line up a replacement.

Gio and Ndombele have been big disappointments for the outlay. Had those transfers have worked out we'd be playing champions league football.
I love flair players and it's obvious Ndombele has a lot of potential, but I doubt he will show it for us despite being our record transfer by a country mile. Obviously transfer windows work for Chelsea because they throw so much money at it, and can write off the disasters. Even then they end up getting rid of Lukaku, De Bruyne and Salah etc because they weren't 'good enough' for them at some point. Imagine if we did that ?!

I will never put down players like Winks , he always does his best and is proud to be at the club. At the very least, he is a decent squad player, and who knows, by the time he's 28 he might be better.

We have a better team than 99% of teams in the pyramid, and I can remember things being a whole lot worse for the vast majority of the past 30 years supporting the club. I can't get as upset about a transfer window where we just spent 30 million quid the other day, and fans aren't happy. I still find that mind blowing tbh

Last edited:
Totally agree, but then Nuno has worked with the player and obviously thinks we'd improve what we have. I wouldn't be surprised if he moves in January when Wolves and Mendes have had time to line up a replacement.

Gio and Ndombele have been big disappointments for the outlay. Had those transfers have worked out we'd be playing champions league football.
I love flair players and it's obvious Ndombele has a lot of potential, but I doubt he will show it for us. It shows it not always about spending money. Yes it works for Chelsea because they throw so much money , eventually it works. Even then they end up getting rid of Lukaku, De Bruyne and Salah etc because they weren't 'good enough' for them at some point. Imagine if we did that ?!

I will never put down players like Winks , he always does his best and is proud to be at the club. At the very least, he is a decent squad player, and who knows, by the time he's 28 he might be better.

We have a better team than 99% of teams in the pyramid, and I can remember things being a whole lot worse for the vast majority of the past 30 years. I can't get as upset about a transfer window where we just spent 30 million quid the other day, and fans aren't happy. I still find that mind blowing tbh
maybe if we can recoup some of that fortune we paid for ndombelly we can get that playmaker we need in jan.

Where's that come from?

No mention of a loan in any of these articles:

Nor any of the tweets I've read previously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom