Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know it is quite bizarre…. I know we do this every transfer window ….. but this chap (if he’s divulged that he is a chap).
Quite literally never flags up a potential signing before the press mooted it

then never offers any insight into how the deal is progressing other than generic fodder that can’t be scrutinised after talks have concluded to whatever ends.
Always claims he has ITK info … but can’t say what it is for fear of blowing his source cover … that one always makes me chuckle…. Someone ITK that can’t divulge info from position of being ITK is therefore as enlightening as someone who isn’t ITK. They quite literally balance the same equation.

Never calls the ‘done deal ‘ before the the deal is done … this is the ultimate test and mark of a quality ITK.

seems to think ‘done deal’ with caveats is the same thing

I don’t feel we’ve analysed this play of Hercules in any great depth to pick it apart and this is the worry…. Thousands of people void of any common sense at this rudimentary level appear quite unable to see the critical contradictions that forms the persona of our Hercules

and of course the uselessness of the information he puts forward
Even the SC mods called him a liar up until they got desperate after driving away people with actual connections to the club.

Yes and we should have sold Dier for 50m to United. Sissoko to 200m to Chelsea, N'Jie to Real Madrid for 40m and Rose to Liverpool for 100m.

See, I can make up numbers too.
Unbelievable we didn’t sell Dier when Jose bid £50M for him when at United. Missed opportunity. Now the oaf is stinking the place out and likely to refuse to leave with another 3 years on his deal. Make him sell hotdogs if necessary to put him to good use.

This Kane to City story is bollocks.

No way would Levy set his new manager up to say in a presser that Kane is going nowhere and then a few days later turn around and sell him.

No way.

AVB on Bale, summer 2013:

"We've allowed ourselves conversations with Real Madrid, confirmed by their coach I think wrongly, but the only thing we've communicated is that the player is our player and not for sale."

Same thing. All Nuno stated was that Kane was our player, ie he has a contract with Tottenham. He never said he wouldn’t be sold. He waffled and said he looked forward to working with him. Just the standard answer. Once City put serious money on the table it all changes, just like with Bale.

If we’re doing this we need to do it this weekend so we can work on a replacement

Don’t let Levy drag it out ala Berbatov and end up rushing through a deal for Tony Cottee with 5 minutes left of the window

Sell Kane, buy Isak, job done
If Kane is going then expect levy to buy the Kane replacement before announcing his sale...else every club would be inflating their selling price to spurs to grab some of that kane money

If Kane is going then expect levy to buy the Kane replacement before announcing his sale...else every club would be inflating their selling price to spurs to grab some of that kane money
If it’s 160 million Levy won’t give a fuck about anything else than getting that money in the bank immediately

He won’t care if we have zero strikers on our books

If we’re doing this we need to do it this weekend so we can work on a replacement

Don’t let Levy drag it out ala Berbatov and end up rushing through a deal for Tony Cottee with 5 minutes left of the window

Sell Kane, buy Isak, job done
Again, and I am not the only one repeating myself here: Isak just signed a 5 years contract extension at Real Sociedad with a release clause of Euros 90M.
If he had his sights set on leaving I doubt very much he would have done that.

Again, and I am not the only one repeating myself here: Isak just signed a 5 years contract extension at Real Sociedad with a release clause of Euros 90M.
If he had his sights set on leaving I doubt very much he would have done that.
They’d accept 60 million, and he’d definitely come here

Players often sign contracts after discussions with their club to ensure they are sold for more money

They’d accept 60 million, and he’d definitely come here

Players often sign contracts after discussions with their club to ensure they are sold for more money
How many players in the "top bracket" have done that...?
It's rather the opposite; f.ex., neither of Pogba or Mbappe is signing an extension to get their clubs more sell-on money. Nor did Donnarumma. Nor did Ramos. Nor did Eriksen, There is even this infamous Spurs player who pleaded loyalty to Spurs only to leave for free....yes, we all know who he is.
And the list can go on.
Besides, right now, I doubt Isak is rated as a £60M player.
I am NOT against buying him but I can't see him as a very realistic target right now.

Last edited:
25 mil plus Lamela won't buy us the level of defender we need. We have youngster defenders with potential. We need a CB or two to come straight into the team and lead.

But it would buy us one of Europe's best young prospects. We moved away from these kinds of transfers in recent years and it's blown up in our faces. It's time we go back to finding and developing the next Modric and Bale, instead of buying them when they're supposedly already there ala Ndombele.
I fully agree with you. Going back to building talent. The only problem we have is that our current team cannot sustain a building period. I'm not saying buy league winning players. We all know we can't afford that. What I'm saying is that we need a team to stabilise things. We need a team that will stop the landslide we are on. Unfortunately our defence isn't good enough to do that. It is our biggest area of concern. So the first thing we need to do is invest in getting a half decent defence. Not the best and most expensive, just Good. Out current players aren't even Good. We cannot limp on much longer with them. We can still score goals with the midfield and strikers we have. We might not win every match but they can keep us going.

Does anyone realistically believe we can keep Kane or attract and Great players with the defence we have?

In my opinion, now is not the right time to try and build a league winning team, it won't happen. It is the time to first fix (as best we can) areas that are bring us down.

Sure but if Paratici starts sniffing around expensive top class strikers, it's pretty obvious what's what.

I don's see Ings as a replacement for Kane, I'd like to see Dušan Vlahović, not Ings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom