Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. We are only in for Vestergard because he only has a year left on his contract. Average mid-table standard defender.

Probably also because he is Danish, like Anderson

So a journo thinks 'ooh look Spurs might sign 2 Danish CB's to follow their 2 Belgian CB's Vertonghem and Alderweireld' ...... just nice click bait for the jpurno

I don't know if you follow American football but the latest (comparable) case study in professional sports is Tom Brady / Tampa Bay Bucs.

Tom Brady, a 43 year old QB left his team of ~20 years (New England Patriots), went to a below average team (Tampa Bay Bucs), and won a Super Bowl in his first year with them.

Tampa Bay basically gave him the role of general manager and allowed him to recruit whichever players we wanted to play with. They gave him the keys to the kingdom and he delivered. They are now the team to beat for the foreseeable future.

Ronaldo could be our Tom Brady. We just haven't considered that as an option yet and have not made an effort to grab him while he's out there! I would think that there isn't as much competition for his signature as we'd think. PSG? Man Utd? But even they wouldn't push that hard for a deal.

Our pitch to Ronaldo should be a 4 year deal and 150-200 million to bring in whatever players he wants to play with. If we could pull this off, we would literally go from being a club facing a painful rebuild process to THE club to watch on a global basis. Ronaldo, Kane, Son AND SISSIKO on one team? Game changing stuff.

If he brought a couple of major trophies to WHL, it would go down as one of his greatest accomplishments and cement his status as the greatest of all time.

BTW i'm half kidding about all this but at the same time, kind of serious.

P.S. Ronaldo and Nuno have the same agent...
On a purely personal level, I would hate to see that peacock strutting around WHL saying look at me, look at me, I'm Christian Ronaldo, look at me.

Our centre backs are so shit that it's very easy to upgrade.

I find it laughable people are turning their noses up at the likes of Andersen and Vestegard when we are currently relying on Sanchez and Dier.
Our midfield will make many a centre back look shit

Not saying Dier & Sanchez arent useless because ofcourse they are

But we are going nowhere until we sort out the unbalanced mess that our midfield has become

Our centre backs are so shit that it's very easy to upgrade.

I find it laughable people are turning their noses up at the likes of Andersen and Vestegard when we are currently relying on Sanchez and Dier.

Maybe we wanna aim a little higher than "Less shit than Sanchez and Dier" Don't know about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom