Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it'd be impossible to replace Kane, but if we really did sell him and needed a central forward who could create and score right now, instead of a young talent who'd grow, throwing 40 million at Lyon for Memphis Depay would likely be a good idea. They need to sell, and he's definitely going to hit the ground running.
the most horrible idea i heard today memphis depay was such a big flop when he came to the prem why would you risk a good $40 mill on him.

Hell GIF by Steve Harvey TV

SIGNING A PLAYER. ITS EASY AS THIS!

Is the player good enough?
Does the player speak good English?
Is the player young enough to retrain a resale value?
Is the transfer fee acceptable to the buying club?
Is the transfer fee acceptable to the selling club?
Is the transfer fee acceptable to the agent?
Is the agent fee acceptable to the clubs?
Have any 3rd party ownership rules been agreed?
Does the player want to live and work in London?
Does the players family want to live and work in London?
Can the player get a work permit for UK?
Can the players family get VISAs to live in UK?
Does the player want to play for Tottenham Hotspur?
Has the player got a clean social media history?
Will the players personality fit in with our current squad?
Does the coaching staff want the player?
Do the other players in the squad want the player?
Is the player fully aware how shit the UK weather is?
Does the player have any international commitments that may hinder his commitment to club?

For me Zaha is exactly the sort of player we would want to go against those lower teams that just want to sit back and make life difficult.

Decent rotation for certain games.

But thats about it, wonderful talent but a tale of potential unrealised, and probably far too expensive for that "squad" role (and, probably, too much ego too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom