Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing Kane would be a bitter blow, but if we reinvest the money effectively we could have a young squad competing for multiple trophies next year.

~£30M net spend: 27 man squad eligible for all competitions (19 Seniors, 6 U21s, 2 U18s).

PL team:

80tPAon.png

ECL Team:

hc2DOSw.png

Losing Kane would be a bitter blow, but if we reinvest the money effectively we could have a young squad competing for multiple trophies next year.

~£30M net spend: 27 man squad eligible for all competitions (19 Seniors, 6 U21s, 2 U18s).

PL team:

80tPAon.png

ECL Team:

hc2DOSw.png
Igula Igula Doc Doc RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK

Easy to feel depressed after this season and Kane on the brink. But if we can get the right manager and players in, there's no reason why we can't win ECL while resting first XI players for PL, and thus get top 4 too.

Igula Igula Doc Doc RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK

Easy to feel depressed after this season and Kane on the brink. But if we can get the right manager and players in, there's no reason why we can't win ECL while resting first XI players for PL, and thus get top 4 too.

I don’t think Inter sells Bastoni but outside that it looks like a realistic view. Maybe replace bastoni with Botman who I think is more realistic.

I would love to put Olise in there instead of Alli, especially is Bale is gone which I think he is.

Based on the ECL entry list, that XI could beat everyone with the exception of Roma and Villarreal. Scarlett, Devine, and Cirkin could start some group games too, good opportunity for them.
Do you disagree?
Yes, I disagree. It's full-on Mourinho ball. Hang on for dear life and get absolutely overrun in midfield.

I don’t think Inter sells Bastoni but outside that it looks like a realistic view. Maybe replace bastoni with Botman who I think is more realistic.

I would love to put Olise in there instead of Alli, especially is Bale is gone which I think he is.
Inter are in a bit of debt so a decent offer could force their hand. Bastoni contract running out in 2023.
Botman is quality, but I read an extended interview where he admitted he has big areas to improve on such as mobility. Didn't appear to be PL ready, but will be a future star; great mindset.

I think Bale will stay based on his mysterious interview today, we'll sign him on for another year of loan.
Olise for Alli I like the sound of, but I'm not sure who would buy Alli. Also if we sell Alli, Kane, and Winks; we could run into trouble with squad eligibility for European competition in terms of 'club trained' players.

Last edited:
Yes, I disagree. It's full-on Mourinho ball. Hang on for dear life and get absolutely overrun in midfield.
Overrun by ECL teams?? That would only happen if we had a shit attitude like Zagreb 2nd leg.

Maybe the appearance of 5-3-2 was misleading. I would want Sessegnon and Doherty playing as aggressive wing backs, very high up the pitch.
Meanwhile, if Alli Lo Celso and Skipp can't control the midfield against ECL opposition, that is seriously worrying. I personally think with the right attitude, they would run riot.

Inter are in a bit of debt so a decent offer could force their hand. Bastoni contract running out in 2023.
Botman is quality, but I read an extended interview where he admitted he has big areas to improve on such as mobility. Didn't appear to be PL ready, but will be a future star; great mindset.

I think Bale will stay based on his mysterious interview today, we'll sign him on for another year of loan.
Olise for Alli I like the sound of, but I'm not sure who would buy Alli. Also if we sell Alli, Kane, and Winks; we could run into trouble with squad eligibility for European competition in terms of 'club trained' players.

Yes someone on here had the same concerns about Botmans mobility. I haven't seen him so can't comment. I am willing to take the risk though as I think that is the most likely way for us to get a top level CB is to get them young as Levy won't pay what it will cost to get them once they break out and that leaves us spending big money on mediocre guys.

With the club trained can we use guys like Tanganga, Skipp, Whiteman and then Lavinier or Eyoma as the 4 to fill those spots or is their an age aspect? It really sucks that we are so weak in that area that we might have to keep players that we don't want to fill the spot. If we can get 20-30m I would sell Alli and figure out somebody who can fill the club trained spot because really the last 4 guys on the list don't even have to play.

Overrun by ECL teams?? That would only happen if we had a shit attitude like Zagreb 2nd leg.

Maybe the appearance of 5-3-2 was misleading. I would want Sessegnon and Doherty playing as aggressive wing backs, very high up the pitch.
Meanwhile, if Alli Lo Celso and Skipp can't control the midfield against ECL opposition, that is seriously worrying. I personally think with the right attitude, they would run riot.
I feel like you've learned nothing from the past year plus.

I wouldn't put that line-up out against Astra Giurgiu.

I don't get what is wrong with that line-up as a 2nd team against weak opposition?

It looks good enough to keep playing through into the knockout games.

With the club trained can we use guys like Tanganga, Skipp, Whiteman and then Lavinier or Eyoma as the 4 to fill those spots or is their an age aspect? It really sucks that we are so weak in that area that we might have to keep players that we don't want to fill the spot. If we can get 20-30m I would sell Alli and figure out somebody who can fill the club trained spot because really the last 4 guys on the list don't even have to play.
If we get rid of 3-4 out of: Kane, Alli, Winks, Bale; then we wouldn't be able to replace them with senior (over 21) foreign players.
However, it would be possible if the club followed the blueprint that we are both suggesting... ie taking risks with youngsters. Would need quite a few U21s in the ECL squad to make up 25. I'm personally happy with that, but Levy would have to get approval from new manager I guess.

Doherty and Sessegnon playing in their favoured wingback position should be able to totally dominate ECL opposition and rack up goal contributions.
Lo Celso Alli Skipp would control proceedings and create plenty of chances. Bergwijn and one of Kane's replacements (Isak?) should score with ease.
3 at the back can be very attacking if implemented effectively against weak opposition.

The issues in the past year have been to do with the negative mindset of Jose, and the poor attitude in Europa games from certain players. Not formation.

Vital we don’t waste the money we get for Harry, Levy won’t be throwing cash around other than sale generated

Sadly looking at our squad I wouldn't want most of our players, and most of those I want are squad players at best. Now we don't have serious European football to offer we have to target lower.

Fofana, Bissouma, Raphinha, and such

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom