Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winks swap for Ings, achievable with Ings in the last year of his contract

Bergwijn + Doherty to Wolves for Neto

Aurier to PSG, promote Tanganga to a senior RB choice

Sign Lamptey or Aarons

Dele to PSG, use the money for Sabitzer or Neuhaus, if too much for the bottom line then plan B someone like Berge.

Dier or Sanchez out of the door, preferably Dier, use the money + what’s required for a top CB

Vinicius back to Benfica, retain Bale for another years loan option, promote, Scarlett, Devine, Clarke, Skipp & Cirkin to the senior squad.

Flog Gazzaniga & Foyth. Loan Clarke and Parrott out.

Lloris, Hart, Austen, Whiteman

Tanganga, (Lamptey/ Aarons), Regulion, Sessegnon, Cirkin

Alderweireld, CB, Sanchez, Rodon, Davies

Hojbjerg, Skipp, Sissoko, (Neuhaus/ Sabitzer/ Berge), Devine, Lo Celso, Ndombele

Lucas, Son, Bale, Lamela, Scarlett, Neto.

Kane, Ings

29 players with the likes of Austen, Cirkin, Devine, Scarlett getting u23 minutes giving us a 25 man squad with dross like Aurier, Doherty, Dier, Winks and Dele shifted. Maybe a little harsh on Bergwijn but he’s had a rough year and you need to deliver more than we have seen. Maybe loan him but I don’t see him going for that personally.

7 current squad players out, 9 all together on permanent with 2 further on loan minimum. 5 in with half a dozen or so moving up from youth/ lower ranked to more senior pecking order.

Based on our outs I would like to see a RB CB, CM, WF, ST be our aim this summer.

You don't have to fix all the issues in one window, focus on getting a strong starting XI together and go from there - some backup positions resolve themselves

Lloris has another year in him, if long term succesor available get them in if not keep Hart as backup.

Aurier & Doherty out, new starting RB in. Tanganga cover.

Sessegnon back as cover for Regulion.

Davies & Dier out, new starting CB coming in, i think Alderweireld has another season in him, Rodon & Sanchez as cover.

Hojbjerg DM, Skipp back as DM cover.

Ndombele CM, Winks & Sissoko out replacement signed for back up.

GLC/Moura/Dele for AMC

Lamela & Bergwijn out - replacement RWF signed

Hope we keep Kane & Son, loan Bale for numbers and re-sign Vinicius

Achievable transfer activity that, 8/9 out and 4/5 in
1. Need to replace either Lloris or Hart with potential #1
2. Sell one of Aurier or Doherty, and leave the other as competition with Tanganga.
3. Reggie and Ryan at LB. Sell Davies.
4. Sell any two of our CBs (preferably Toby and Dier) and bring in two, with one being capable of playing LCB
5. Neither Hojbjerg nor Skipp can play as a lone DM imo, so need another DM to rotate. sell Sissoko, Winks
6. GLC/Ndombele as CM/CAM. Sell Dele.
7. Moura/Bergwijn for RM, potentially sell Lamela if there is value.
8. Sign LWF/CF to backup Kane and Son . Don't renew Bale and Vinicius.

First bit of business I'd do.

Winks - OUT
Sissoko - OUT

If we're lucky we get somewhere around £30m for the 2 combined.

Use that £30m on another midfielder. Probably Sabitzer.
Skipp coming back too..

Hojbjerg , Skipp , Lo Celso , Ndombele and Sabitzer. Suddenly we have amazing depth in that department and we have a proper midfield selection.
We’d be lucky to get 10M for the pair combined.
There’s no way we are receiving any sort of transfer fee for sissoko at his age, ability and contract he is on.

Winks will command an “English” transfer fee, so he will be inflated, but only around the 10m mark.

Sign Lamptey or Aarons

Dele to PSG, use the money for Sabitzer or Neuhaus, if too much for the bottom line then plan B someone like Berge.

Dier or Sanchez out of the door, preferably Dier, use the money + what’s required for a top CB

Vinicius back to Benfica, retain Bale for another years loan option, promote, Scarlett, Devine, Clarke, Skipp & Cirkin to the senior squad.

Hojbjerg, Skipp, Sissoko, (Neuhaus/ Sabitzer/ Berge), Devine, Lo Celso, Ndombele

Kane, Ings

29 players with the likes of Austen, Cirkin, Devine, Scarlett getting u23 minutes giving us a 25 man squad with dross like Aurier, Doherty, Dier, Winks and Dele shifted. Maybe a little harsh on Bergwijn but he’s had a rough year and you need to deliver more than we have seen. Maybe loan him but I don’t see him going for that personally.

7 current squad players out, 9 all together on permanent with 2 further on loan minimum. 5 in with half a dozen or so moving up from youth/ lower ranked to more senior pecking order.

Based on our outs I would like to see a RB CB, CM, WF, ST be our aim this summer.
Would you take the players you have suggested in a swap for Ings or Neto? I would laugh at Levy for even suggesting it before putting the phone down. Levy might have the front to try it to be fair, but No chance.

We’d be lucky to get 10M for the pair combined.
There’s no way we are receiving any sort of transfer fee for sissoko at his age, ability and contract he is on.

Winks will command an “English” transfer fee, so he will be inflated, but only around the 10m mark.
Actually think we would get more for winks as he is english and has got caps.
20M probably not out of the question.
Sissoko is one we are need to take a hit on as we are no way gonna get back what we spent.

Sign Lamptey or Aarons

Kane, Ings

Based on our outs I would like to see a RB CB, CM,

I agree with most of that, except keeping Bale. I'd replace him with Neto and keep Bergwijn. I'd move Sissoko on too.

Actually think we would get more for winks as he is english and has got caps.
20M probably not out of the question.
Sissoko is one we are need to take a hit on as we are no way gonna get back what we spent.
I was being a tad conservative with my valuation, but I still reckon that clubs all over the world will be a lot more pragmatic with their transfer spending. I can’t see any chairman sanctioning 20m for winks.

Any club with a decent academy should be looking there first.

I was being a tad conservative with my valuation, but I still reckon that clubs all over the world will be a lot more pragmatic with their transfer spending. I can’t see any chairman sanctioning 20m for winks.

Any club with a decent academy should be looking there first.
Hopefully Pep is still a fan and needing another englishman :mourhandlaugh:

Rules are different in EPL and EL.
For example Devine doesn't count as U21 and couldn't play in EL games this season because he has not been at the club 2 years. If we want Devine to play in Europe next season he will have to take an association player slot.
Rodon could not play EL games because EL class Welsh clubs as non HG. Next season we will have to remove at least one player from the non-HG list if we want to play Joe in Europe.
Here's the current squads:

EPLEL
NON-HG (15)NON-HG (17)
1LLORISLLORIS1
2AURIERAURIER2
3ALDERWEIRELDALDERWEIRELD3
4SANCHEZSANCHEZ4
5DIERDIER5
6REGUILONREGUILON6
7HOJBJERGHOJBJERG7
8SISSOKOSISSOKO8
9NDOMBELENDOMBELE9
10LAMELALAMELA10
11LO CELSOLO CELSO11
12BERGWIJNBERGWIJN12
13MOURAMOURA13
14SONSON14
15VINICIUSVINICIUS15
DOHERTY16
DAVIES17
HG (9)ASSOCIATION (3)
1HARTHART1
2ALLIALLI2
3DOHERTYLAVINIER3
4DAVIES
5RODON
CLUB TRAINED (4)
6WHITEMANWHITEMAN1
7WINKSWINKS2
8KANEKANE3
9BALEBALE4
SQUAD TOTAL: 24SQUAD TOTAL: 24

Last edited:
So, as per table above we need to sell at least 2 non-HG players to allow Rodon and 1 new non-HG player to play in Europe.
Ironically, if we don't qualify for Europe we could sign 2 new non-HG players to play domestic games without selling non-HG.
My guess is Aurier, Sanchez definitely go. Sissoko probably goes.
Judging by the Villa team selection Dier and Doherty are not safe.
Probably staying but wouldn't surprise me if they left: Ndombele, Vinicius, Bergwijn, Lamela.
Definitely staying : Lloris, Toby, Rodon, Davies, Reggie, Hojbjerg, GLC, Lucas, Son.

Edit: Not in squads but will leave IMO: Gazza, Foyth.

Last edited:
So, as per table above we need to sell at least 2 non-HG players to allow Rodon and 1 new non-HG player to play in Europe.
Ironically, if we don't qualify for Europe we could sign 2 new non-HG players to play domestic games without selling.
My guess is Aurier, Sanchez definitely go. Sissoko probably goes.
Judging by the Villa team selection Dier and Doherty are not safe.
Probably staying but wouldn't surprise me if they left: Ndombele, Vinicius, Bergwijn, Lamela
Definitely staying : Lloris, Toby, Davies, Reggie, Hojbjerg, GLC, Lucas, Son.
Sanchez is going nowhere. He's our best CB right now. Toby could go, Dier may go but Rodon and Sanchez will definitely be here next year for sure.

Aurier, Toby, Dier, Winks, Sissoko these are the 5 that need to leave for me.

The likes of Lamela will stick around because he's handy as a sub role and no teams will buy him with his injury record. Bergwijn needs time. Lucas, Kane, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Hjolberg these are the seniors I think are untouchable.

Son and Alli could be the high profile losses this year. We need the money to invest properly, we won't get much for the 5 I mentioned above, wouldn't get 75mil for those 5 I don't think in today's market.. The only real money will come from Son who hasn't singed a new contract yet and could be sold for 50mil, Alli about 40mil. Levy will be looking at those two thinking it could be time to move on. As much as I especially don't want Son gone I think he will be.

If we sold all of the above, didn't resign Bale, we would have a bit of money to throw then at 3 quality players. We need a right back that's certain. I like Aurier but I don't think he's going to stay much longer unfortunately and Doherty is just such a regression. To think people slated Trippier, it was criminal!

Next season the key for me would be, RB, CB and goalscoring winger.

Ndombele, Lo Celso and Hjolberg are too good a trio to abandon and next season I think will be our midfield going forward. If we have Kane, another good winger to try and replace Son, we will still have Lucas, Bergwijn and Lamela competing, with preferance being for Lucas with an eye to Bergwijn if he can improve for the future. Perhaps Sessengon will be brought back and could offer an option on the left wing whilst also playing back up to Regi.

We need a team full of players starting next season that want to play for the badge. If son stays, which I hope, it means we can focus more on getting the right CB and RB for the team and take a risk on a younger winger for the future.

HG players:
Unless something drops in our lap Hart stays.
100% leaving: Rose, Winks
90% : CCV, Dele
Europe yes/no : Bale yes/no.
IMO Tanganga and Whiteman both need loans. Likewise White and Parrott. Nearly certain Clarke gets another loan or may be sold.
Sessegnon and Skipp returning. Are they ready? Both qualify as U21 in both EPL and Europe I think.
Spursidol Spursidol will confirm. :rolleyes:
Surprise package RB Lavinier may feature in the EPL squad as U21. Maybe Europe?
Then there is LB Cirkin. He had a recent bereavement which seems to have curtailed his development. Maybe a loan?
Last but by no means least Devine and Scarlett...sky's the limit.
Might be another surprise from the academy.

Last edited:
HG players:
Unless something drops in our lap Hart stays.
100% leaving: Rose, Winks
90% : Dele
Europe yes/no : Bale yes/no.
IMO Tanganga and Whiteman both need loans. Likewise White and Parrott. Nearly certain Clarke gets another loan or may be sold.
Sessegnon and Skipp returning. Are they ready? Both qualify as U21 in both EPL and Europe I think.
Spursidol Spursidol will confirm. :rolleyes:
Surprise package RB Lavinier may feature in the EPL squad as U21. Maybe Europe?
Then there is LB Cirkin. He had a recent bereavement which seems to have curtailed his development. Maybe a loan?
Last but by no means least Devine and Scarlett...sky's the limit.
Might be another surprise from the academy.

I think Tanganga and Skipp could play a decent role for us next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom