Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You make it sound like it’s a bad thing

if he’s going, let’s spend stealthily and smartly before the Kane transfer fee is announced and an extra £10M is added to the buy price of everyone we enquire about
Think you got me wrong mate because I accept he wants to leave as he wants to win things which is not happening at Spurs.
If he goes then good luck but I was saying that I think we are spending the money now and he will be sold sometime during August.
All we could do is recruit well and try to somehow rebuild the club.

If we move on enough players we could manage another decent CB signing. I'm already sold on Paratici.

Alderweireld looks like he's making room for Romero.

Toby's been good for us but fefinitely passed his best which is shown by him talking to a club in Quatar and other clubs not wanting to come in to match his wages/fee. Maybe his choice to acclimatise for World Cup, likely to be his last Belgian appearances I'd guess.

All the noises seem to be that Sanchez may be off - linked with Seville which minght suit us well if he's part of a swap deal for Kounde (CB)

Which would mean Dier staying this summer ?

And Spurs with Romero, Kounde, Rodon, Dier and Tanganga as CB options ?

Lots of plates spinning now for Paratici (Gil, Tomiyasu, Romero), just need a few more to land following Gollini's announcement and a few exits to be confirmed but this could be a very impressive Transfer Window clear out and rebuild.

This would be nothing short of amazing. Carney Chukwuemeka is one of the most exciting young English players and I guess it’s only Bellingham bettering him at that age. Imagine a good version of Dele, then you get Carney. I’ve only seen him as an 8 for Villas youth but the little cameo he got against us, in the second last game of the season, he played more advanced. Managed to hit the post even though he didn’t come on until the 89th min. Straight swap for Winks and I think the Villa fans can feel hard done by

We should have been making this sort of bet more often under Poch (buy players, wins stuff to pay for them) and we never really did.

The amount of money we make from getting into the Champions League, combined with the sort of players that we would be in position to attract, as well as the sponsorship opportunities, would make up for selling Kane for £70m rather than £120m.

We spent money but bought badly, no top class players bought, just medicocre - Sissoko, Aurier et al - so never improved the squad.

We could have sold Eriksen for £80m + .... but waited too long and sold him for a fraction of that amount, but based upon our buying from 2015-2019 it would'nt have made much difference, just more mediocre players bought with Eriksen's fee to move on now,

I would differentiate between Isak & Vlahovic compared to Hlozek.

La Liga and Serie A are definitely much closer in quality to PL than the Czech league. Although of course there's a risk that they won't adjust like Soldado.

Hence I'd ideally want 2 promising young strikers as a replacement for Kane. Vlahovic is a must, but Isak may be much harder to prise away.
I'd way for Hlozek to prove himself at a better league first, as we already have a very young prospect in Scarlett.
That's the thing, though. We wait for them to prove themselves in another league, by which time they're in the tens of millions, instead of low single digits. We need to go after them before they prove themselves. If even 1 out of 4 work out, we still come out ahead.

We spent money but bought badly, no top class players bought, just medicocre - Sissoko, Aurier et al - so never improved the squad.

We could have sold Eriksen for £80m + .... but waited too long and sold him for a fraction of that amount, but based upon our buying from 2015-2019 it would'nt have made much difference, just more mediocre players bought with Eriksen's fee to move on now,
Levy would have been lynched for selling Eriksen. he was a wonderful payer for us and we back to being deemed a "selling club" where "Levy only cares about money" Levy clearly didn't want to lose Eriksen and we fans were the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom