Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking hell there's some worrying comments in here.

We fell away because a pair of dick heads came up with the line "it's hard to improve this squad"
And we've still got most of them 3 years later.

Can anyone confirm that this Zielinski guy is the tits?

Bruno wanking himself silly over this guy.

And Pepe Reina, too:

“There is a player who I fell in love with from the first time I saw him – the Napoli midfielder Zielinski,” he said. “He’s a Real Madrid or Barcelona player. He is out of the ordinary.”

And Pepe Reina, too:

“There is a player who I fell in love with from the first time I saw him – the Napoli midfielder Zielinski,” he said. “He’s a Real Madrid or Barcelona player. He is out of the ordinary.”

I am far from a Serie A or Napoli expert and watched the league a lot more last season than this one but he has never stood out to me when watching them.

That doesn't mean he is good or bad but you would think if he is a world class as they are saying he would have popped at least once when watching them.

Zieliński is great, very consistent, great skillset, everything is great. He has one bad trait that stops him from being considered as top class player, and it's mindset. Even against top teams he performs well, but only if his teammates play well. He can't carry the game on his shoulders, disappears when others disappear. I think he's a bit similiar to Lo Celso, can play everywhere in midfield, but we definitely need leader, like Fernandes for ManU.

Toney invisible in open play the 2 games I watched bits of.
I think Spurs could well be buying from Bournemouth this summer. Maybe improvement in a couple of their guys?

I wonder if we are still interested in Sabitzer

Hopefully not but I imagine we are as I think we are a lazy group when it comes to scouting and since we likely already scouted him in the past and have been linked to him it is an easy transfer and much easier to do than to work hard to identify talent, properly assess them, think about how they fit into the team and then work to bring them in. I don't think Hitchen or Levy like doing any of that hard stuff.

Hopefully not but I imagine we are as I think we are a lazy group when it comes to scouting and since we likely already scouted him in the past and have been linked to him it is an easy transfer and much easier to do than to work hard to identify talent, properly assess them, think about how they fit into the team and then work to bring them in. I don't think Hitchen or Levy like doing any of that hard stuff.
I think they do properly scout it's just they are properly scouting the wrong players

I think they do properly scout it's just they are properly scouting the wrong players

There has been so much young English talent at spots that we have desperately needed that we have missed out on I have trouble believing it.

Then we get Bale- connections to us in the past, Reguilon- connections with RM during Bale talks, PEH- KWP is already there so we are dealing with them already and two Mendes clients who is best buddies with our manager.

It is tough to see a lot of in depth scouting work being done. But I do agree we certainly aren't looking at the right players.

There has been so much young English talent at spots that we have desperately needed that we have missed out on I have trouble believing it.

Then we get Bale- connections to us in the past, Reguilon- connections with RM during Bale talks, PEH- KWP is already there so we are dealing with them already and two Mendes clients who is best buddies with our manager.

It is tough to see a lot of in depth scouting work being done. But I do agree we certainly aren't looking at the right players.
Yeah with those players the club took advantage of some connections but some players are scouted for years covering different managers, for example we were watching Sissoko at Toulouse when Redknapp was manager and he spoke highly of the player. Bergwijn was watched a lot when Poch was here before he signed under Jose. Toby was scouted when he was Ajax but we signed him via A Madrid and Southampton. Sessegnon has been watched by us since he was in Fulhams youth team, there are many examples

Anyway moving forward if ever there was a time where we cannot make any more mistakes in the transfer market it's now.

Yeah with those players the club took advantage of some connections but some players are scouted for years covering different managers, for example we were watching Sissoko at Toulouse when Redknapp was manager and he spoke highly of the player. Bergwijn was watched a lot when Poch was here before he signed under Jose. Toby was scouted when he was Ajax but we signed him via A Madrid and Southampton. Sessegnon has been watched by us since he was in Fulhams youth team, there are many examples

Anyway moving forward if ever there was a time where we cannot make any more mistakes in the transfer market it's now.

Maybe that is the problem then we are locking on to these guys to early and not getting off them when there are others that pop up but that we haven't scouted for multiple years.

Who are those if you don't mind?

I haven't really got any innovative names for you. Off the top of my head, I really like Kessie, Bennacer, Camavinga, Sangare, Bellingham. I still quite like Aouar all though he's had a strange season (maybe his head wasn't right after not getting a move but it could have just been Garcia's fuckery). Tchouameni has had a decent season and has developed on from last year I think. Definitely has the physicality for the PL, combined with a bit of football. Could be a little more dynamic maybe?

And Pepe Reina, too:

I've not paid much attention to him last few years, but he's 27 now, so...

I remember flagging him up on the place that shall not be mentioned. Edit, found the post from 2016:

Last edited:
Fucking hell there's some worrying comments in here.

We fell away because a pair of dick heads came up with the line "it's hard to improve this squad"
And we've still got most of them 3 years later.
Well it was hard to improve at the time. Then Jan and Dembele got old, and Dele started regressing

I haven't really got any innovative names for you. Off the top of my head, I really like Kessie, Bennacer, Camavinga, Sangare, Bellingham. I still quite like Aouar all though he's had a strange season (maybe his head wasn't right after not getting a move but it could have just been Garcia's fuckery). Tchouameni has had a decent season and has developed on from last year I think. Definitely has the physicality for the PL, combined with a bit of football. Could be a little more dynamic maybe?
Aouar is an interesting one. Looks like he could be a really big time player, especially at Liverpool or whoever he is currently being linked to. (I always buy him in FM haha) However there's just this weird feeling he'll end up plateauing at a Sigurdsson kinda level.

Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly open to selling Danish midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg for a fee of around £30 million this summer.

I'd be completely fine with selling him for 30-35mil IF we have a DoF/manager in who have a set plan and he's surplus to it. I love how he bleeds for the team but I'm suspicious he's at that Lamela/Moura level of good but not great.

Making that much of a profit on a player like him is good business but I doubt it would be reinvested smartly at all so fuck it may as well keep him...

I'd be completely fine with selling him for 30-35mil IF we have a DoF/manager in who have a set plan and he's surplus to it. I love how he bleeds for the team but I'm suspicious he's at that Lamela/Moura level of good but not great.

Making that much of a profit on a player like him is good business but I doubt it would be reinvested smartly at all so fuck it may as well keep him...
It could be that he wants to leave, after all he thought he was coming to a club competing to get into the CL and win trophies, we aren't that. As for the profit it's not much good if we're going to buy someone who isn't better for double the money, which is likely given our previous activities.

Hojbjerg is one of the few good players we have left, would be daft to sell him.

As has been said, every time we sell someone good we are putting our faith in Levy and Hitchen to buy a good replacement which is incredibly unlikely. We still haven’t got quality replacements for Dembele, Eriksen, Trippier and Vertonghen, with Kane leaving we have enough problems to deal with without selling Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom