Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reading Reguilon likely to have a buy back clause which I dislike on principle, think we go for it as Davies isn’t what we need right now but I hate the thought of developing someone else’s world class LB.

A buy back clause isn't the end of the world, and it allows us to address LB. But we're paying 30m to get this transfer done, let's just say the buyback clause is 40-45m, we can then use that money to get us another good LB or address another issue in the squad later. Sure, I'd rather us not have it, but I don't think we can be picky when Davies has been as bad as he has been.

kNOCi1S.jpg

Would love to see Bale back in the shirt though fuck...

A buy back clause isn't the end of the world, and it allows us to address LB. But we're paying 30m to get this transfer done, let's just say the buyback clause is 40-45m, we can then use that money to get us another good LB or address another issue in the squad later. Sure, I'd rather us not have it, but I don't think we can be picky when Davies has been as bad as he has been.

Reading the clause likely to be 32-35.
So I’d imagine with wages we’d get a player for 2 years but slightly be down financially.
And if he turns out to be horrible, we lose much more.
It’s not the end of the world but big clubs don’t buy players with buy back clauses - if we want to be a big boy, we have to stop being happy with tonka trucks from the bully in the sandpit.

It gives us 2 years to develop Cirkin and Sessegnon. It might be one of them kicks on and we can spend the money elsewhere if Reguilon does leave after 2 seasons.

It's not a perfect deal but there's a lot more upside than down here.

Bale's going to happen. Levy just won't be able to resist, it's like a whole lifetime of hard bargaining has led up to this ultimate deal. 'Sold this guy for a world record fee, bought him back for nothing.'

He'll die happy.

Bale's going to happen. Levy just won't be able to resist, it's like a whole lifetime of hard bargaining has led up to this ultimate deal. 'Sold this guy for a world record fee, bought him back for nothing.'

He'll die happy.

Cup cakes for all back in the office when he gets home from Spain... I can't wait. I've already baggsied the one with rainbow sprinkles. :)

He'll die happy.
Word on the street is maybe 50% of his current wages plus loan fee, so hardly nothing.
I’d imagine when all said and done those two combined would be around 20-25 million.
Also heard he has a knee injury, so wouldn’t start for us straight away.

Back
Top Bottom