Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Media favors us to finish last of top 6... Most of them, obviously. Not sure why.

We just got 2 players we need, 2 more would be a dream.

Typical Mourinho side. Strong, defensive, counter-attacking side. Not so sure why is United or Chelsea so much better, let's not get into Woolwich.

Media favors us to finish last of top 6... Most of them, obviously. Not sure why.

We just got 2 players we need, 2 more would be a dream.

Typical Mourinho side. Strong, defensive, counter-attacking side. Not so sure why is United or Chelsea so much better, let's not get into Woolwich.
I prefer this way.

I prefer this way.
I do as well, all my mates reckon we will struggle for top 6. I give Jose a lot of grief but I would honestly be so happy if he showed the world that he isn’t “finished” or a “dinosaur” as they all claim.

You do have to look at what’s around us though, Utd getting Regulion, Van de beek & Sancho. Chelsea buying the world. Those are our top 4 rivals, it’s going to be extremely tough. Not all of those rival signings will work out but some of them will and it will make teams that are already above us stronger.

Last edited:
Amusing that Sissoko, Levy and even Redknapp have somebody somewhere who will defend them.

I have yet to see anybody stick up for the man with a plan.

images
In fairness he gave us a big get out of jail free card in the documentary when he said about things being so difficult for us and things could only happen in the last few days.

I do as well, all my mates reckon we will struggle for top 6. I give Jose a lot of grief but I would honestly be so happy if he showed the world that he isn’t “finished” or a “dinosaur” as they all claim.

You do have to look at what’s around us though, Utd getting Regulion, Van de beek & Sancho. Chelsea buying the world. Those are our top 4 rivals, it’s going to be extremely tough. Not all of those rival signings will work out but some of them will and it will make teams that are already above us stronger.

I think you have to factor in the horrible injury luck we had last season and hope that was a one-off. If we had squeezed another couple of months out of Kane we would have got top 4 imo.

We have upgraded our first XI in two positions which are tailored to Mourinho's system. We should be a more cohesive unit than United, Chelsea and Woolwich imo.

I think if United get Sancho they will have too much quality to finish outside the top 4. Chelsea are a mystery at the moment with a great squad on paper but I have the feeling there could be some teething issues with that team and fat Frank at the helm.

I would say on paper we have the 5th best squad but Mourinho and a fit Kane give us that extra edge. If we can do some more smart business before the window closes I wouldn't bet against top 4 and a ropey league.

Back
Top Bottom