Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only thing I feel bad about is how it ended, it didn't have to be this way.

For me, it's not that he left and wanted to try something new, it's how he performed when he was called upon. He showed up to practices and he played when called on, so we can't fault him for that. What we can fault him for is his pathetic displays when he was on the pitch. There was no heart and initiative when we needed it so badly. It's like he just gave up, and that is what hurt the most.
You've probably never been depressed. He shouldn't have been called on to play in such a negative state of mind. Manager's bad decision.

I thought we would get something. But even if it´s a loan, it´s good news. Good luck to him.

We'd still get a bit of dosh from the loan.

We got £2,000,000 for loaning him to Newcastle.

If we can get some sort of money for him, wages paid and he fucks off for free next year - I'll be happy.

You've probably never been depressed. He shouldn't have been called on to play in such a negative state of mind. Manager's bad decision.

Those are awful large assumptions to make. First to assume that I've never had to deal with depression, and that Eriksen suffers/suffered from it. Being anxious for a new challenge doesn't necessarily mean depressed.

That's why he was rarely getting playing time for a while.

True enough but I'm sorry for him. He was one of the most important factors during the Poch era at its best and helped the club to great heights. He was here a long time and his standards only fell when he felt ready for a change. He is one of the great creative players of our time and personally, I hope he finds whatever he's looking for.
He was a good player for us definitely, I wish him well

Back
Top Bottom