Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dream on, not going to happen. Levy doesn't want to spend big and he won't spend big. Those 3 players will cost a fortune and deadline day won't change a thing.
I think your being a bit harsh, there is every chance he will make a deadline bid for Jack, something like £3 million and CCV should do it this time! :levylol:

Dream on, not going to happen. Levy doesn't want to spend big and he won't spend big. Those 3 players will cost a fortune and deadline day won't change a thing.

Not to say we will get all 3.

Traore has a huge ceiling and is only 24 years old.
Ings has been to our training ground earlier in the window. I expect the fee of 25m+ will be too much for a 28 year old but worth a crack.
Greilish just turned 25, Should be in his prime for the next 3 seasons. A tricky character by all accounts. We've be burnt by Alli; would Jack follow suit?

Not to say we will get all 3.

Traore has a huge ceiling and is only 24 years old.
Ings has been to our training ground earlier in the window. I expect the fee of 25m+ will be too much for a 28 year old but worth a crack.
Greilish just turned 25, Should be in his prime for the next 3 seasons. A tricky character by all accounts. We've be burnt by Alli; would Jack follow suit?
What makes you think Ings has been at our training ground?

What makes you think Ings has been at our training ground?
I thought this ITK photo taken at Hotspur Way was pretty conclusive myself...

drivingreal_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqHAZVWx1HFA7_OajzhS9VezqFnpLh5wjcaIDu-Ojf3tk.jpg

Luckily it's the Mail reporting Dost interest, they are as bad as the Sun for transfer news. Dost makes zero sense. Still think Diallo will be the one we sign (slowly getting to hope now more than expectation)

As for Bale, if Utd want him then we need to be right there alongside them. We may not offer the exact same wages, but we'll offer him more game time, a fan base that love him and a club he knows inside out.

Fuck it, all of us whack £10 in each and we'll pay his golf membership.

Bas Dost is good tho.
A good scoring record in Portugal admittedly. But not much international recognition and his scoring record only holds up in weaker leagues. Bundesliga and internationals its not stand out at all. He couldnt play with Kane and his size will only encourage our hoofball. I think we have different definitions of good. If this is the best we can come up with after a 15 month search it just feels like we have accepted lower mid table. Of course the caveat this could just be another dodgy rumour of course.

A good scoring record in Portugal admittedly. But not much international recognition and his scoring record only holds up in weaker leagues. Bundesliga and internationals its not stand out at all. He couldnt play with Kane and his size will only encourage our hoofball. I think we have different definitions of good. If this is the best we can come up with after a 15 month search it just feels like we have accepted lower mid table. Of course the caveat this could just be another dodgy rumour of course.
Dost not having a long international record is to be fair just as much down to the Dutch national team not utilizing proper number 9s. They've operated with smaller false 9s for years now. Bas himself said as much when he retired from international football a few years back.

As for his scoring record, 44 goals and 12 assists in 109 Bundesliga games is definitely good.

His age is the big question mark in my opinion, not the players individual quality.

You only have to watch this video to realise Bas is more than just a powerful striker who will hold the ball up and score goals - he's got that very Dutch style of play, some of the assists in this video are outstanding and when he's on sync with everyone and given some space, he'll be devastating.

Some of the plays in that video alone shows why, in my opinion, he'll succeed. He's a lot more than an Afonso Alves, Mateja Kezman or Ricky van wolfswinkel who were deadly in the Dutch league.
Actually posted what Totti said about Janssen...

You only have to watch this video to realise Bas is more than just a powerful striker who will hold the ball up and score goals - he's got that very Dutch style of play, some of the assists in this video are outstanding and when he's on sync with everyone and given some space, he'll be devastating.

Some of the plays in that video alone shows why, in my opinion, he'll succeed. He's a lot more than an Afonso Alves, Mateja Kezman or Ricky van wolfswinkel who were deadly in the Dutch league.
A younger option in a similar mould would be Weghorst at Wolfsburg.

Back
Top Bottom