Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Waiting for October 5 to come:
tenor.gif

It's mad some people think we only need a striker.

we need a LB a CB a Striker and tbh prob a AM too!

I'm hoping

Regulion, Kim, Diallo (I guess)

would have loved Eze, already looked good for Palace.

Anyway 3ish weeks left. lets see what we do.

I'd say we need a major squad overhaul, but I have no faith in our scouting team to oversee one.

Today was an opportunity for a fresh start, but it seems the malaise has carried over and I worry it's now going to be difficult to shake. Players just seem flat and disinterested, a new signing or two won't change that unless they are absolute world beaters and we all know that won't happen.

Those turning their noses up at the likes of James and Coutinho are absolutely mental, I don’t care if they don't run enough or are inconsistent, we could do with someone who does fuck all and then pops up with a moment of genius, it's better than a bunch that just bring the fuck all to the table.
It is quite funny when we have hojberg, sissoko & winks in midfield. But when thinking of possible signings, we say coutinho? Hmmm not feeling that one. James? Is he still around? I like our deluded cheekyness.

Waiting for October 5 to come:
tenor.gif
Speaking of which - I understand the logic of letting the transfer window run until early October based on how delayed the conclusion to the season was, but as soon as it was announced I just knew it would let Levy drag our business on unacceptably late.

He's a bit like an undergrad with an essay deadline. Baldie will procrastinate and then produce something, albeit underwhelming, after pulling a Red-Bull fuelled all nighter.

I hate the way this club is being run, but I am a big believer in buying players with resale value.
Don't get me wrong. So am I.
But you can't buy every player with sell on value. Sometimes you need a quick fix now. And the central midfield area is something we need now. Not someone who's going to grow into it, because we have players like Skipp, Bowden, White and Devine for that.

Does this mean they would accept that much in payment of his wages? It's not clear what some of this back and forth means.

Real owe Bale something to the tune of 60 million Euro pre-tax over the remaining two years of his deal.

Real want rid and it seems unlikely that anyone is willing to pay 60 million for two years of a 31-year-old Gareth Bale.

So then it's a question of who is willing to take the most of that financial liability off of Real's hands?

By far the simplest way to structure that deal would be to just do a two-year loan with Real retaining however much of the salary obligation the winning bidder won't be paying. A transfer fee would be beside the point, you could do a transfer fee, but it's just putting the same money in one bucket instead of another (maybe there are tax benefits, I dunno).

The one thing that would shake this up of course would be if Bale were willing to tear up his deal. But based on everything we know and have heard, that seems extremely unlikely, and he'd be losing out on a ton of money.

United landing him on Deadline Day for a snip in lieu of Sancho because Spurs won't pay up would be an outcome that's terrible for Real, Spurs, United, and probably Bale himself, and would be the perfect expression of everything about both Levy and Woodward, so I'm putting my money down on that being what happens.

Back
Top Bottom