Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Clarke ? 😂😂... and no, these signings arnt enough
Well, in that case may I suggest you're supporting the wrong team?

Fucking whiners everywhere this window, even though it has been one of the best windows in terms of player quality we have had in a long time, even without Dybala. Buncha miserable people in this world...

Regardless of all of the speculation regarding who is coming and going, we cannot lose sight of the fundamental issue.

What do we do at RB?

Honestly, neither Aurier or KWP are near good enough to occupy this position full-time. They are second choice at best. We need a seasoned RB who is comfortable moving forward if we play a diamond formation or adept at being a rock if we go 4-3-3.

This talk of moving Sissiko to RB is not good. I mean you don't take one of our best players in CM and relegate him to the back.

While I am delighted at the speculation surrounding us at the moment, I cannot get the issue of RB out of my mind.

It will be Sissoko I suspect or Pochettino will give one of the aforementioned a chance.

A bit strange yes. Very much us ,definitely!

Here is the real rub of the green though, an agent only gets if his money if a deal is actually done. If one of the richest clubs in the world, with a recent track record of overpaying of footballers on fees and wages comes knocking I think I'd have gone in balls deep on my demands too, if I were his agent, it's his actual job to do that.

But if they walk away from that deal, as is reported to have happened and as a result of getting greedy, then the pond of available purchasers is now one less, from an already small pond of potential buyers.

This is where the poker comes in. The agent isn't as strong a position as he thinks, he's been denied is payday, he got his position wrong. We've come in and can smell blood. It's clear Juve want him transferred, we've made it clear we want him. So, another payday can now be smelt by the agent. He knows he fucked it with Utd., can he afford to fuck up with us? He'll know we will walk away faster than Utd did. The reason why this is not off is that the agent is the one trying to keep it on the table.

I've been told that's only part of the problem apparently the agent claimed he could sort the naming rights issue and it turns out he can't. Juve and Spurs now trying to do a deal that allows Juve to handle the naming rights issue before Dybala moves, a loan now seems the only realistic option. Just not sure that works for either club. Star Image are holding everyone at gunpoint for 40m, cunts know when they're on to a good thing.

Bet more people on here watching this crap than half our games next season

Bonkers

I'm going to leave the thread 10 minutes before the window closes to get a seat on the tube.

Back
Top Bottom