Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good, he’s daft as a brush and made of glass. He’s done naff all in 2 years here.

One thing is for certain. IF, we get both Dybala and Lo Celso, Eriksen is as good as gone, and that will put Levy in a bad position because other clubs will acknowledge the fact that we will have to sell him so they will try to get the price down...

If we get Dybala and Lo Celso then nobody will give a shit if we have to sell Eriksen for only £40m. Buying clubs already know we are desperate to sell him and that he is not in our long term plans.

Tottenham Hotspur - £47m net spend

In - £140m

Kion Etete (Notts County) Undisclosed

Jack Clarke (Leeds) £10m

Tanguy Ndombele (Lyon) £55m

Giovani Lo Celso (Betis) £50m

Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham) £25m

Out - £93m

Michel Vorm (Released)

Dylan Duncan (Released)

Charlie Freeman (Released)

Tom Glover (Released)

Connor Ogilvie (Released)

Jamie Reynolds (Released)

Luke Amos (QPR) Loan

Jack Clarke (Leeds) Loan

Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid) £20m

Vincent Janssen (Monterrey) £5.6m

Christian Eriksen (Atlético Madrid) £50m

Joshua Onomah (Fulham) £7m

Cameron Carter-Vickers (Sheffield Wednesday) £10m

Marcus Edwards (Ipswich) £400,000k

Dybala just had a poor season in Italy, mainly due to the arrival of Ronaldo who has taken his place as the main man. If he joins us ,the main man will be Harry Kane and that won’t change.
Will we see the real Dybala in those circumstances. Is he one of those players who need to be No. 1.

No, he just needs to not be consistently played out of position

Check out played positions on the right of the page and goal tally.

Second to last season without Ronaldo

Paulo Dybala - Stats 17/18

Last season with Ronaldo

Paulo Dybala - Stats 18/19

No way is sess a left back long term..the kid scored what? 16 goals in the championship as a teenager....I’m sure poch is looking at sess and seeing no reason why he can’t blossom into a sterling type player. He has the ability and potential to do so.

Lo Celso in is great news! Sessegnon imminent, was obviously going to come anyway.

If Levy can be sure he will be able to sell Eriksen, perhaps that gives him more leeway to try and sign another player? I'd like a right back. Realistically we can't buy both Lo Celso and Dybala...

More likely (based on rumours) to be Lo Celso and either Dybala or Fernandes, even though before TW I assumed we'd sign a RB that isn't first on the list now

[FORMATION=433,LLORIS,AURIER,TOBY,JAN,ROSE,NDOMBELE,SISSOKO,WINKS,LO CELSO,KANE,SON]home-kit[/FORMATION]

Love this formation, only issue is would love to see Lo Celso in the middle of the park, but can't bring myself to drop any of Ndombele Sissoko or Winks !

Lo Celso and Sessegnon pretty much done deals.

But imagine Dybala. Don't get me wrong, I think he's bit overrated, but if we do buy him that's the prove how far this club have come.

3 players in one day.................

Back
Top Bottom