Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Get a striker and defender in, as well as Sessegnon and Lo Celso and it's a strong enough window to remain competitive.

We need a 2nd striker though and yes, if it were Dybala that would have been mustard.
Yeah, there's probably a 0% chance of all that actually happening. At best, I think we are are likely to get Lo Celso and Sessegnon.

I would like a RB but my personal feeling is that Poch would possibly try to mold Sessegnon into a RB. As for a striker, it would be a nice to have but between Kane, Son and Lucas I think that's pretty strong.

Get a striker and defender in, as well as Sessegnon and Lo Celso and it's a strong enough window to remain competitive.

We need a 2nd striker though and yes, if it were Dybala that would have been mustard.

:dembele::dembele::dembele:
So by the looks of it we’re brining in GLC, Sessegnon and POTENTIALLY Dybala tomorrow, and your still bitching about needing more players? This isn’t the fucking high jump, can’t just set a new goal whenever the fuck you please.

Thought you weren’t gonna post til the deadline had passed anyway, cunto? Just couldn’t help yourself huh

Last edited:
Just got the answer, starting 2020-21 he will count as HG... This sytem is so messed up!!!!

"I have just edited my post to make it clearer. From season 2020-21 Foyth will be considered HG for EPL and club trained for ECL
1919-20 Foyth is considered U21 for both ECL and EPL. "

Foyth is u21 this season but in future seasons he will be OVERSEAS trained as he will not have been at Spurs for 3 years before age 21. He will never become HG

Yeah, there's probably a 0% chance of all that actually happening. At best, I think we are are likely to get Lo Celso and Sessegnon.

I would like a RB but my personal feeling is that Poch would possibly try to mold Sessegnon into a RB. As for a striker, it would be a nice to have but between Kane, Son and Lucas I think that's pretty strong.
So the tactical evolution some of us have been hoping for (but doesn't look like it's gonna happen) is we are moving to inverted FBs? So Poch is going full Bielsa instead full Ossie?

:dembele::dembele::dembele:
So by the looks of it we’re brining in GLC, Sessegnon and POTENTIALLY Dybala tomorrow, and your still bitching about needing more players? This isn’t the fucking high jump, can just set a new goal whenever the fuck you please.

Though you weren’t gonna post til the deadline had passed anyway, cunto? Just couldn’t help yourself huh
Some folks would just rather a complete team where each position has a player that can be counted on. Unfortunately we have some areas that need bolstering and Dybala doesn't fit into any of those positions. But it makes some folks feel good to be linked with a player they have seen in highlights with no regard to how successful that will be.

Get a feeling in my bones, we will sign Sessegnon, Lo Celso & Dybala (Dybala on Loan to perm if Eriksen isn't sold).

iu

All the above is in the Spanish press, the figure they're quoting is €60 million plus some add-ons.

I see some are keen to play this as Betis having been "Levy-ed", that we've somehow cunted them. Hardly. Betis started negotiating at €75 million, we started (according to reports here) at €45 million, we've met in the middle - slightly to Betis's side with the add-ons actually, but thats neither here nor there really.
Considering his buyout clause was €100m, which they were adamant about, and we're getting him for €60m + add-ons, I'd say they got Levy'd. Maybe not full Levy'd, but Levy'd nevertheless. He's probably saving his full Levy for Sporting.
:levystare:

Some folks would just rather a complete team where each position has a player that can be counted on. Unfortunately we have some areas that need bolstering and Dybala doesn't fit into any of those positions. But it makes some folks feel good to be linked with a player they have seen in highlights with no regard to how successful that will be.

I think he would be a disaster (Dybala - relatively speaking), but still get dragged along with it.

So the tactical evolution some of us have been hoping for (but doesn't look like it's gonna happen) is we are moving to inverted FBs? So Poch is going full Bielsa instead full Ossie?
Just a guess as to why we aren't going after an alternate RB. There are only a few options:

1. We're going in for a RB and keeping it pretty well hidden.
2. We're going all in with KWP and Aurier. (hold me...)
3. We're bringing in a third LB when we already have two decent LB's, so may look to push one into that role.

Back
Top Bottom