Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surprised if people believed any of the tweets last night, it was a good PR job.
Coutniho & Dybala both on over £200k! Why buy those two when FB and GLC were more feasible? FB& GLC are cheaper to buy, Poch's first choice, less wages and both are happy to join Spurs.

Eriksen may go w/o replacement (like Dembele) or may be replaced but getting too late.

Levy won't pay £30m for Sess when he can't give away Eriksen and both on one year contract left.

The best financial outcome of the TW is re sign E & T.

There is no best outcome for supporters. Ndombele for Dembele. Tripps and Llorente gone w/o replace. Life with GKN.

Where is the next VDvart! Where is Arry to find one!

Last edited:
Nothing will happen, surprised if people believed any of the tweets last night, it was a good PR job.
Coutniho & Dybala both on over £200k! Why buy those two when FB and GLC were more feasible?

Eriksen may go w/o replacement (like Dembele) but getting too late.

Levy won't pay £30m for Sess when he can't give away Eriksen and both on one year contract left.

The best financial outcome of the TW is re sign E & T.

There is no best outcome for supporters. Ndombele for Dembele. Tripps and Llorente gone w/o replace. Life with GKN.

Where is the next VDvart! Where is Arry to find one!
Bet you’re fun at parties

Wonder who bets on transfer windows. I’m guessing some people spend a fortune.

Imagine betting on Spurs to sign players over the last 3 seasons. Must have been linked with hundreds........

Daylight robbery by the bookies.

And this idea of shutting the window before the league starts it’s still shit. But leaving everything to do in the deadline is also stupid as fuck.
I don't like it either, but on the other hand, if the window shut on Sep 2, like the rest of Europe, we'd be getting these deals done 4 weeks into the season. At least this way it gives teams a chance to better incorporate new players during these 4 weeks when we only have a game a week. Had we not had the Toby/Eriksen contracts running down, we may have been looking at this as a good thing.

I want Dybala as much as anyone but I don’t think it’s going to happen, seems like he’s going to be another Moutinho case at the deadline and we’re going to struggle with the third party rights here.

At least this time I feel like we have plans A, B, C & D in play here. If rumours are to be believed, we have been negotiating for Lo Celso, Fernandes, Dybala and Coutinho. I’m fully expecting to sign two players if Eriksen does leave.

My prediction over the next 40 hours is that we get priced out of the Dybala deal and we sign Lo Celso and Coutinho at the deadline, Eriksen to be sold abroad. I feel like we will also sign Sessegnon. No right back will come imo and Sissoko will be the one who fills in there.

Lloris
Sissoko-Toby-Jan-Rose
-Winks-
Ndombele-Lo Celso
- Coutinho-
Kane - Son​
Keep dreaming mate. Best case scenario this window is selling Eriksen, buying Sessegnon and one of Lo Celso, Fernandes or Coutinho. Can't see Dybala happening at all.

In my opinion, if a club isn't willing to pay 50 million for Eriksen now (which by all standards is a bargain), then that club won't make him a starter in their XI next year just because he comes for free.

Let me rephrase my opinion:
If Zidane doesn't think he's worth 50 million now, then he will never be good enough to start for Madrid.
Madrid could very well offer him a deal next year, but he'll only be seen as a squad player
But is it as simple as not valuing him more than 50 million, or is it a case of not having the money because they have already spent so much and need to recoup some before buying any more players?

It’s all bollocks. Bollocks I say. Tomorrow will come the statement from the club.......”we tried for numerous signings but sadly we ran out of time”

Why do we do it to ourselves every window

Keep dreaming mate. Best case scenario this window is selling Eriksen, buying Sessegnon and one of Lo Celso, Fernandes or Coutinho. Can't see Dybala happening at all.

Funnily enough, I see it the other way round. We have the cash to land Dybala. Far easier to get cold feet with a loan and it’s traditionally something we avoid.

Back
Top Bottom