Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Classic I_U.... Starting the essay with "I understand..." then proceeding to discard everything said and return to narrative.... If you understood everything I just posted, why the diatribe about "I can't understand why fans don't want to keep.... blah blah".

I wasn't asking you to celebrate signings that haven't happened yet either.

Look, I want the same net outcome as you... i.e. A better squad, but all your comments amount to is "buy guaranteed upgrade NOW" as for the Nth time, Eriksen holds all the cards here. Any notion of him signing a new deal relies on him wanting to be here; we can't manufacture that scenario.... I thought you "understood" this???? ....It appears you don't actually want us to sign Lo Celso anyway cos he's "unproven". ....Who should we sign then? ...At what price? (Both rhetrocical questions, don't feel obliged to answer them.)

What are you going on about? It feels like you just want to argue with me unless I completely agree with you on everything you say?

I do understand what you are saying, I agree with you that having a player on our books that doesn't want to be here and isn't fully commited is a bad thing, but I also think we don't have enough time to get a replacement and whatever replacement we do bring in isn't guaranteed to hit the ground running or produce the same results Eriksen does, hence why I think we should keep Eriksen and transition the position to LO Celso if and when we sign him.

I don't have a "narrative" that's just my opinion, I also gave my reasoning behind my thoughts.

That's not what my opinions amount to at all, I have been saying we needed competition for years now in multiple positions, Eriksen may hold the cards in regards to his own contract but he doesn't hold the cards when it comes to us acquiring another player to compete for his place, we hold those cards.

I do want us to sign LO Celso, again what on earth are you talking about? Did you miss all context in my last post? Any signing we make is a risk and unproven, that doesn't mean I wouldn't want us to try to sign them because it shows intent that we are trying to improve, that's what matters to me.

Look, TLDR, we should sign LO Celso and let him and Eriksen compete for a place in our squad, that way we are only strengthening ourselves.

If Eriksen doesn't want to sign a contract we either take a higher percentage risk and sell him and hope whatever replacement we bring in will be as good whilst also adding a backup to compete with that replacement so we don't weaken our depth

OR

we let his contract run down and let him compete with a new replacement and hope it motivates him to stay with us instead of leaving on a free next season.

All I know is, we should sign LO Celso and try to keep hold of Eriksen.

Total babe magnet. Or so I thought aged 10

At aged ten this is all my dad could afford me...

:O(

maxresdefault.jpg

If we aren't questioning some aspect of the club, how it's run, managed or performances of players and are all just saying how fucking wonderful everything is, there would be nothing to discuss, it would just be a fucking big circle jerk with you as king jerk.

You don't see the subtle difference between questioning decisions made by the club, and calling Lewis, Levy and various players tightfisted, useless, incompetent cunts .... go try that out on your missus see how you get on ....

I figured it out guys. There just aren't enough morons on twitter responding with ANNOUNCE LO CELSO every time @SpursOfficial tweets something. That's the real way to get Levy's attention.

What are you going on about? It feels like you just want to argue with me unless I completely agree with you on everything you say?

I do understand what you are saying, I agree with you that having a player on our books that doesn't want to be here and isn't fully commited is a bad thing, but I also think we don't have enough time to get a replacement and whatever replacement we do bring in isn't guaranteed to hit the ground running or produce the same results Eriksen does, hence why I think we should keep Eriksen and transition the position to LO Celso if and when we sign him.

I don't have a "narrative" that's just my opinion, I also gave my reasoning behind my thoughts.

That's not what my opinions amount to at all, I have been saying we needed competition for years now in multiple positions, Eriksen may hold the cards in regards to his own contract but he doesn't hold the cards when it comes to us acquiring another player to compete for his place, we hold those cards.

I do want us to sign LO Celso, again what on earth are you talking about? Did you miss all context in my last post? Any signing we make is a risk and unproven, that doesn't mean I wouldn't want us to try to sign them because it shows intent that we are trying to improve, that's what matters to me.

Look, TLDR, we should sign LO Celso and let him and Eriksen compete for a place in our squad, that way we are only strengthening ourselves.

If Eriksen doesn't want to sign a contract we either take a higher percentage risk and sell him and hope whatever replacement we bring in will be as good or better than him whilst also adding a backup option to compete with that replacement so we aren't weakening our depth OR we let his contract run down and let him compete with a new replacement and hope it motivates him to stay with us instead of leaving on a free next season.

All I know is, we should sign LO Celso and try to keep hold of Eriksen.

Don't sweat it mate, when Airheadd receives his Eulogy it will simply say " Argued for the sake of arguing "

How can people KEEP saying incoming isn't dependent on outgoing?
Money is one thing, squad space and salaries are another.

Levy will not have players earning tens, even hundreds of thousands a week that can't even get a squad space.

People HAVE to leave,

You don't see the subtle difference between questioning decisions made by the club, and calling Lewis, Levy and various players tightfisted, useless, incompetent cunts .... go try that out on your missus see how you get on ....

Who's actually saying that though? Saying we need signings and calling Levy an incompetent cunt are two completely different things.

Levy clearly isn't an incompetent cunt, as indicated by the progress made under him and ENIC, however, he is human and he does make mistakes and I think it will be a huge mistake not signing more players.

Why do you assume everyone just thinks he's a tight incompetent cunt? Can you point me to an actual post that says that?

Back
Top Bottom