Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here's my sceptical take on the yootdem that we've tried out in the (lets face it) friendlies:

Troy Parrot - looked really good and, yes, bring him into the senior squad, but he needs a lot of protection still. Not near impact sub level in the league yet, maybe in the league cup

Japhet Tanganga - impressed, but he still has a shed load of mistakes in him. Loan to someone like Ipswich.

Oliver Skipp - very impressive but given our midfield situation could do with a loan to a top 2nd Division team like Middlesboro or Derby. With a bring back at Xmas clause.

Jack Roles - looked OK, not near 1st Division level yet, send out on loan or stay with the U21s

Harvey White, Anthony Georgiou, George Marsh - Further away from 1st team squad level

Very jaundiced analysis.

Skipp has looked our best midfielder from time to time.

Certainly looks ready for PL.

Not sure I saw s mistake from Tanganga in the 4 half games he played. Only question is whether there are enough games for him to play at Spurs ( like Skipp last season ) or whether a loan is the better option. He's already faced the likes of Ronaldo and coped well both physically as well as technique wise, so not sure if be worried in him becoming 4th or ,5th CB this season. think he might well do better than Foyth last season

Parrott - see Tanganga. Imagine the reaction if his shot had gone in rather than hitting the post. Looked far better aged 17 than either Rooney or Kane did at that age. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him feature in Irish international team later this season.

Not sure if Harvey White is physically ready but would not surprise me to see him in a couple of matches this season - hopefully in his preferred midfield role, although he did pretty well as s makeshift LB.

Roles - big shame Poch didn't use him for 20 minutes or so at the end of several games this spring when with Son on international duty Dele and Harry Kane out injured he could have given a bit of a rest to several players. He wouldnt have let us down - just as in the penalty shoot out. Another one of our own.

Last edited:
IF I SEE ONE MORE FUCKING APOSTROPHE IN NDOMBELE'S NAME SOMEONES GOING TO GET FUCKING HURT.
UZi6v1e.png

So basically, he knows fuck all like the rest of us, but he's in a shiny studio.
I think it would be one out in Eriksen and one in either Celso or Fernandes provided club can find a buyer for the Dane.

Similar to Mousa out in January and Ndombele arriving in July.

All you do is fucking whine and melt about any fucker that doesn’t see things the way you do. You are the biggest fucking whiner on this place. You are so emotionally fragile that some twat on a football forum only has to type an opinion to have you turning into a blubbing melt.

This is a place for people to exchange views and opinions, not all fucking recite the Mick fucking Cooper bible.

You don’t own this fucking site and you sure as shit don’t own fucking football so if you are not capable of contributing to whatever debate people raise, why don’t you just fuck off you miserable whining wanker and let everyone else get on with it and just enjoy football the way they want to. Or if you are incapable of that put them on fucking ignore you miserable twat.*

*none of the above is me insulting you, it’s me commentating on you post and portray yourself. Obviously.
Right blakey so can I take it your feelings were hurt?
I'm happy to discuss anything with level headed adults, I just draw the line at bothering with self important muppets who do nothing but denigrate the club, the players, tactics and anything else that they want to show boat their massively inflated ego's over.
And that means you.
You can put me on ignore as well.

Levy has to find a solution for Eriksen in the next 5 days and not make the club lose £50m.

Either sell him now or convince him to sign a new contract. There is no other way.

Eriken walks free nesxt season, club Loses £50m and we sign no one for another 2 TWs. Skipp will be his replacement.

Levy has to find a solution for Eriksen in the next 5 days and not make the club lose £50m.

Either sell him now or convince him to sign a new contract. There is no other way.

Eriken walks free nesxt season, club Loses £50m and we sign no one for another 2 TWs. Skipp will be his replacement.

Maybe we can persuade him to sign a contract with a release clause?

I think it's unlikely though, the most logical situation is that Real have told him what he could earn on a free transfer and he will just wait it out and go there on a free, just like Ramsey and Rabiot joining Juve. If he goes now he would be twice as expensive for Real Madrid, if he goes next summer then they can spend what would have been his transfer fee on his contract instead.

There is another way of looking at, we paid £11 million for him and we have more than got his money back for him. Realistically I don't think we'll be able to sell him now, we should bring his replacement now and still use Eriksen for this season, he's 28 next year so he's in the latter stages of his career.

Maybe we can persuade him to sign a contract with a release clause?

I think it's unlikely though, the most logical situation is that Real have told him what he could earn on a free transfer and he will just wait it out and go there on a free, just like Ramsey and Rabiot joining Juve. If he goes now he would be twice as expensive for Real Madrid, if he goes next summer then they can spend what would have been his transfer fee on his contract instead.
Yeah he clearly doesn't want to extend and no one wants to pay 50+ mill for a player who'll be free next season.

Back
Top Bottom