Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If there is something that really pissses me off (rant warning !)...it's watching my wife delicately hand me various items of food off a shelf so that I can carefully load them into the trolley without them being damaged or crushed. Then I wheel the trolley slowly around the aisles trying to avoid the vast majority of customers who hurtle between the various goods at the speed of light.
Finally we arrive at the Aldi checkout station and methodically empty out our shopping onto the conveyor belt, paying particular attention to eggs,bread,cakes,tomatoes etc. I then stand patiently waiting to reload everything.
Sitting at the till is a girl of eleven years of age with a face so multicoloured it looks like she fell into the cosmetics department bargain basket and had to fight her way out with her ears. She avoids all eye contact and proceeds to hurl my purchases back towards me at 350 mph as if they are tomahawk missiles. It is impossible to keep up with her and soon the pile of shopping begins to resemble a food mountain. Finally she stops, looks at the till screen and tells my wife the total. Meanwhile I am scurrying about like a fucking mad squirrel attempting to put everything safely back in the trolley.
Finally we get back to the car and have to once again decant the stuff into shopping bags in the boot. Tired and tense I drive home and carry the bags into the kitchen so that once again we can unpack them and put them away into the cupboards and fridge.

Some of you with a more discerning and perceptive personality may have perhaps by now suspected that
I fucking hate supermarkets !

This comes to mind
:sonlol:

Do you think he cost England the 1986 World Cup, Mick?
The people who cost us the world cup were the players who sat off and admired his skill - mostly Reid for not bringing him down, Shilton for letting him get to the ball and conning the ref. But no-one can mitigate against that level of skill.
Had Maradona had a stomach bug like Banks got in 70 - I think we would have gone through - he was unplayable.
The expression to "cost England" refers to someone letting the team down, so it would not apply to him
He was definitely the reason we went out, because of the way he drove that Argentina team.

I am 64 years of age "bro'" the only cool I want to know about is how my beer tastes..... ;) :thumbup:
Nice to share some friendly banter with you during this quiet period on the transfer market.....
Slàinte
Aren't Irish guys supposed to support Woolwich? Maybe your the only 2 Yids in Ireland. O' Cohen and O' Finkelstein.

The people who cost us the world cup were the players who sat off and admired his skill - mostly Reid for not bringing him down, Shilton for letting him get to the ball and conning the ref. But no-one can mitigate against that level of skill.
Had Maradona had a stomach bug like Banks got in 70 - I think we would have gone through - he was unplayable.
The expression to "cost England" refers to someone letting the team down, so it would not apply to him
He was definitely the reason we went out, because of the way he drove that Argentina team.

Always think it a tragedy that the magic of his second goal was somehow tarnished by his first.....VAR was 50 years too late coming :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom