Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is anyone else not concerned about the injuries in our squad.

Forget selling players. Even if we keep the same squad, we have so many injury risks that I can see a repeat of last season only worse.

We have players building a reputation for injuries :
Lamela
Wanyama
Dier
Aurier
Kane
Winks

Janssen?

Tripps to go. Possibly Rose?
GKN and KWP were out of favour.

That's an entire team of players.

It's been a strange window so far. We've smashed our transfer record, as have City. But other than that and the AWB deal to Man Utd, the whole window has been pretty quiet.

I expect there to be a flurry of movement towards the end of the window, but I would be happy if Eriksen and Alderweireld stay, as long as Eriksen signs a new deal even if its just a year extension.
I'd be happy with both of them staying but it would be a bad window for us, if we brought in just one player, this is our opportunity to really push on.

Or are managers seeing something this forum isn't.

You may think he's on the wane, but come on, at his age and reputation he's not a sub-25m player in today's market.... It's not like it would be particularly hard to top his current wages either.

I suspect the only one over-rating Toby is himself (see wage factor).

You may think he's on the wane, but come on, at his age and reputation he's not a sub-25m player in today's market.... It's not like it would be particularly hard to top his current wages either.

I suspect the only one over-rating Toby is himself (see wage factor).
I still think Toby is carrying some sort of limiting injury that has changed his playing style and made him a shadow of his former self. He made more errors last season than in every other season combined.

If Toby was still 2017 Toby, he would have been snapped up by now, simple as.

I still think Toby is carrying some sort of limiting injury that has changed his playing style and made him a shadow of his former self. He made more errors last season than in every other season combined.

He also put in some killer performances.... The back-4 as a unit under-performed last year (arguably cos they weren't getting the requisite protection from MF due to our shitty diamond system).

If Toby was still 2017 Toby, he would have been snapped up by now, simple as.

Yeh, for about 70-100m!

He also put in some killer performances.... The back-4 as a unit under-performed last year (arguably cos they weren't getting the requisite protection from MF due to our shitty diamond system).

Yeh, for about 70-100m!
The back four under performed for a lot of reasons, some days Trippier was woeful, some days Dav was making mistakes, ditto Toby, Juan, Jan. Ben and Danny. There is absolutely no arguing Dav, Toby and Trips had their poorest season at the club. Do we stumble into this season hoping everything suddenly gets sorted? Or do we plan for the future and adapt what was at times an unstable defence and get something more rounded.

The back four under performed for a lot of reasons, some days Trippier was woeful, some days Dav was making mistakes, ditto Toby, Juan, Jan. Ben and Danny. There is absolutely no arguing Dav, Toby and Trips had their poorest season at the club. Do we stumble into this season hoping everything suddenly gets sorted? Or do we plan for the future and adapt what was at times an unstable defence and get something more rounded.
Looks a hell of a lot like stumbling to me

I thought I'd just put this here. It's from a very respectable, if a little right-wing, newspaper:

Basically, it says loads of clubs would like to sign Bale but his agent is scuppering even the beginning of discussions because Bale doesn't want to go anywhere.

ITV reporting Tripper fee agreed now.

What's that got to do with the apparent lack of demand for Toby? ...Or indeed his suspected high wage demands? You're arguing against a point that I've not, and you hadn't made previously.

As for 'everyone' being poor... Surely that points towards the set up, like I said, rather than the individuals who have all played at higher levels in seasons past?

Looks a hell of a lot like stumbling to me

Huh?

Back
Top Bottom