Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If this is true and Danny is also potentially on his way out, they have to have plans in place to secure these positions. I cannot see how we would sanction something for one or both to leave without it. Say what you will about Trippier but Poch trusted him enough to perform in big games, I cannot see how they would rely upon KWP and Aurier at this point when they are trying to build a stronger team.

My guess is that we are going to see sudden movement on a replacement if/when this gets announced.

We’ve been linked with Sessegnon for years, he will replace Rose.

Anyone else see a 'prefers Woolwich to Tottenham' story in the press and assume it's bollocks to get gooners clicking on the link?
:adeninja:

Edit: case in point with that one... to work with old boss Unai Emery, over transfers to Tottenham Hotspur or Man City this summer.

Err... who was that bald chap who managed him at Barca again? It's on the tip of my tongue.

So it's Saliba, Ceballos and Alves who are all stupid enough to prefer Woolwich to us. Avoid.

Take it with a massive pinch of salt.
I have a sneaky suspicion that working under Pep and winning shit at City for a year or 2 is a far better proposition.

Going into the season with Aurier and KWP as our only right back options would be unforgivable.
I think it's highly likely Aurier will also be sold and maybe KWP loaned. Dier, Foyth, Sissoko can all play RB but I expect we will buy a new RB.

Potentially only Jan left of our back 4
If that was suggested at the start of last season I would have gone mad but we conceded too many goals last season and fans have turned on Tripps so I would be OK with just Verts this season. I hope Rose will stay, though.

Maybe Alves has always dreamt of playing in the Europa League and sees this as his final chance.

He won it twice at Sevilla.
Although that was under the UEFA cup format, so can understand his desire to play through the Europa league system.

Zidanne doesn't rate him yet Bale earns 600kpw after tax. He still has 2 (3?) seasons left on his contract.... Injury history means clubs are unlikely to invest big money in him even if RM do subsidise a big chunk of is wages.
Has his playing declined? Or is it a clash of egos?

Back
Top Bottom