Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would Kante be a possibility if Chelsea get a delay on their transfer ban? I know its Chelsea and everything but he must want a move after beign forced out of his best position and they could do with funds.

28 so not the right age profile but would be getting the best playing in the world for that position,

Would Kante be a possibility if Chelsea get a delay on their transfer ban? I know its Chelsea and everything but he must want a move after beign forced out of his best position and they could do with funds.

28 so not the right age profile but would be getting the best playing in the world for that position,
Would love him but will never happen, ever
Even if he would move on, he'll go to PSG or something

Who I think we'll see on the way out:
Trippier, Lamela, Vinnie, Nando, Wanyama, Dier
maybe: Rose

The first looks dead set to move elsewhere and we can still cash in on. the second takes up a spot for homegrown and is injury prone, I have no doubt will try to shift him if we could. Vinnie for obvious reasons. Nando is too old for an expensive contract extension. Dier is done at CM but our CB cadre is too big. Wanyama, not good enough.
As to Rose...that's really up to him.

brace yourself, this is going to be a jumpy summer.

No way we would sell Dier and Rose. Dier has been great squad player for us and covers well in several areas. Pops up with important goals at times, too. Plus, he can eat free for life on that west ham winner on his debut. Also, he's Dele's best mate and you wouldn't want to rock that boat unless you think Dele's form won't pick up again (see Moura's 3rd goal in semi if you have doubts).

Rose is back to his best, I can't even consider selling him. That would be nuts. Who on earth would we replace him with? He's home-grown, England international and in great form. If he wants to leave, that's one thing, but no way we should let him go otherwise.

Trippier might be off, but no means certain (he's an important part of the chemistry). If he stays, he needs a great season next season. Can't see him staying for another after that otherwise.
Wanyama might be done. Feels bad, though, he was immense before the injuries. We just need more consistency/quality in that area.
Nando is an achiever, you can't deny it. Great work in the semi and really helped us win it. Can't ask for better in a back-up striker. Keep him (still can't figure out why his heading stats are so high, seems crap to me).
Lamela.... all about the injuries, really. He's got everything but fitness.
Janssen... who? Kidding, hard to see him staying at this point. Doubt he would have been anywhere near the squad but for our 75 bazillion injuries. Must suck for him, but he had an out and didn't take it, apparently. Seems strange, but if he plays his way back in, it would be a legendary piece of commitment. If he doesn't... just a sad footnote.

No way we would sell Dier and Rose. Dier has been great squad player for us and covers well in several areas. Pops up with important goals at times, too. Plus, he can eat free for life on that west ham winner on his debut. Also, he's Dele's best mate and you wouldn't want to rock that boat unless you think Dele's form won't pick up again (see Moura's 3rd goal in semi if you have doubts).

Rose is back to his best, I can't even consider selling him. That would be nuts. Who on earth would we replace him with? He's home-grown, England international and in great form. If he wants to leave, that's one thing, but no way we should let him go otherwise.

Trippier might be off, but no means certain (he's an important part of the chemistry). If he stays, he needs a great season next season. Can't see him staying for another after that otherwise.
Wanyama might be done. Feels bad, though, he was immense before the injuries. We just need more consistency/quality in that area.
Nando is an achiever, you can't deny it. Great work in the semi and really helped us win it. Can't ask for better in a back-up striker. Keep him (still can't figure out why his heading stats are so high, seems crap to me).
Lamela.... all about the injuries, really. He's got everything but fitness.
Janssen... who? Kidding, hard to see him staying at this point. Doubt he would have been anywhere near the squad but for our 75 bazillion injuries. Must suck for him, but he had an out and didn't take it, apparently. Seems strange, but if he plays his way back in, it would be a legendary piece of commitment. If he doesn't... just a sad footnote.
Janssen simply doesn't have the quality needed, remember he failed to impress in Turkish football, at this time I doubt that we can even sell him.

He is on 290k a week at Chelsea

Isn't that Eriksen also?
no- Eriksen is a great player IMO just having a poor run of form.

I think people (not you specifically )have to realize the injuries & WC have had a huge impact on players, they look exhausted - mentally and physically. Without the injuries players would be rested at these times, we have not been able to as we need the bodies.

We don't do business with Chelsea and vice versa

Ryan Sessegnon seems quite likely? I haven't watched enough of him to form a real opinion, plus he's still very young. But a relegated team who spent £100m last summer...perfect pickings for Levy.

no- Eriksen is a great player IMO just having a poor run of form.

I think people (not you specifically )have to realize the injuries & WC have had a huge impact on players, they look exhausted - mentally and physically. Without the injuries players would be rested at these times, we have not been able to as we need the bodies.

No I'm not knocking Eriksen. In fact I've said that this season he may also have been affected by becoming a father for the first time last summer and it's not easy for a couple to cope during a baby's first year.

I love Eriksen but Ive always felt he could offer even more. For me he is nearly a great player

We don't do business with Chelsea and vice versa
until we do -
No I'm not knocking Eriksen. In fact I've said that this season he may also have been affected by becoming a father for the first time last summer and it's not easy for a couple to cope during a baby's first year.

I love Eriksen but Ive always felt he could offer even more. For me he is nearly a great player

Not many I would take above him, I kind of agree with you though. But if Coutinho is 125M he is £150M player (contract permitting). Coutinho is just more flashy - Eriksen is a bettr player

Back
Top Bottom