Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let me get this correct...

We spend £150m on 4 players and still people aren't happy?

Jesus wept.

For me it's the perfect window. Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Clarke caught my eye enough have them high up my list (Berge, Tonali, Atal & Riqui Puig were the others on my list of wants & Dybala was a pipe dream that has quickly become possibility with Juve in turmoil).

If offered the window we had four months ago for the money its cost us, I'd have been absolutely delighted. It was a top, top window and Levy should get praised for getting done what he got done as far as I'm concerned, I can't remember many better ones in recent times.

Last edited:
For me it's the perfect window. Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Clarkemcwught my eye enough have them high up my list (Berge, Tonali, Atal & Riqui Puig were the others on my list of wants & Dybala was a pipe dream that has quickly become possibility with Juve in turmoil).

If offered the window we had four months ago for the money its cost us, I'd have been absolutely delighted. It was a top, top window and Levy should get praised for getting done what he got done as far as I'm concerned, I can't remember many better ones in recent times.
I'm gagging for this season.

Well technically it’s around £105m. The purchase of Lo Celso will go on next summers total.

Edit: I'm very happy with the window though and if we keep eriksen I’ll be buzzing 👍🏼

If we get CL it's compulsory to buy - so little difference to a purchase with payments in installation ( most purchase these days are paid over the length of a contract eg £50m purchase on 5 year contract paid at £10m pa).

With most punters putting Spurs in too 4, it's £150m spend.

It's only if we don't get CL is it our option to either proceed or not with purchase can it be argued to be less.

If we get CL it's compulsory to buy - so little difference to a purchase with payments in installation ( most purchase these days are paid over the length of a contract eg £50m purchase on 5 year contract paid at £10m pa).

With most punters putting Spurs in too 4, it's £150m spend.

It's only if we don't get CL is it our option to either proceed or not with purchase can it be argued to be less.
Yes but either way it doesn't kick in until next summer so the purchase price ( i think £45m ) will show up on next years totals and only the loan fee on this.

That’s why this summers is showing up at £105m odd and not £150m

I think Eriksen is gone by September but I just don't get it. He says he wants a challange and win something special. So he wants to go to Real Madrid or Barca? Levy just put in a ton of money into the squad, exciting stadium. Winning something here would be more special since we haven't won fuck all. I just don't get it. But losing him, Toby and Jan is gonna be a tough hit

I think Eriksen is gone by September but I just don't get it. He says he wants a challange and win something special. So he wants to go to Real Madrid or Barca? Levy just put in a ton of money into the squad, exciting stadium. Winning something here would be more special since we haven't won fuck all. I just don't get it. But losing him, Toby and Jan is gonna be a tough hit

Not trying to call you out, but I see many people questioning Eriksen wanting something new. Even if he is truly happy and loves Tottenham and Poch, I get why he’d want something new. It’s something special and to try new experiences. Honestly don’t believe it’s entirely about winning or money, it’s about new experiences.

Agree that the "challenge" is probably just as exciting at the Lane, but he's only got one big move left and to be fair to him I think from a very early age he's always said that he wanted to play in Spain, would be nice to get some cash but we've had 7 good years I'll take that

Jan and Toby? at 33 and 31 come next summer are we losing that much? No question top defenders but Jan is already looking slow and Toby whilst reliable last year can't keep playing 50 games a season.

We are a 'big' club we can absorb the loss of one world class player and two quality but ageing defenders, that's what a 60,000 stadium brings, the ability to buy the best. Develop Sanchez and Dier as CB's this season, if that fails splash the cash next summer ....

Not trying to call you out, but I see many people questioning Eriksen wanting something new. Even if he is truly happy and loves Tottenham and Poch, I get why he’d want something new. It’s something special and to try new experiences. Honestly don’t believe it’s entirely about winning or money, it’s about new experiences.

I was in the camp of "why leave such a beautiful thing", but understand now. This is coming from a guy who's longest stint at a job was three years. A change of scenery is a nice thing and can't hate him for wanting to see new things, meet new people, and show his kids a world outside England. I just hope it is next year cause i do think we can win something with the deepest squad we have had since I have started following the club and he is a large part of the team makeup.

I was in the camp of "why leave such a beautiful thing", but understand now. This is coming from a guy who's longest stint at a job was three years. A change of scenery is a nice thing and can't hate him for wanting to see new things, meet new people, and show his kids a world outside England. I just hope it is next year cause i do think we can win something with the deepest squad we have had since I have started following the club and he is a large part of the team makeup.
That's... actually a bit depressing.

Constant dull weather, gangs fighting and stabbing each other daily on the streets, devaluation of the pound due to brexit and a society where racism is not only accepted but encouraged by the government.

Whats not to like right?

The club somebody chooses to play for isn't always about football.

Constant dull weather, gangs fighting and stabbing each other daily on the streets, devaluation of the pound due to brexit and a society where racism is not only accepted but encouraged by the government.

Whats not to like right?

The club somebody chooses to play for isn't always about football.

Ridiculous post, England/London is one of the greatest places on earth to live especially for the very wealthy plenty to like.

Ridiculous post, England/London is one of the greatest places on earth to live especially for the very wealthy plenty to like.

LOL

London is a filthy overhyped sh!th0le!!! I lived there for 40 years and moved to Australia.

I lived in a very affluent part of Fulham in West London. Houses cost 1.5m upwards. Still had drug dealers at the end of the road on a daily basis, fights on the street, bikes stolen, cars vandalized and in my final year there were 11 stabbings within 500m. Police never remotely interested.

And most of all, the weather is rubbish! Work 46 weeks a year, preying for those 2 weeks somewhere nice to roll around soon.

Sorry, off topic...... OK; Lets transfer the club to Australia!

Back
Top Bottom