Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Despite what anyone thinks about Dybala as a football player all I will say is this. If after over 50 years of supporting this wonderful club I can say tomorrow that one of the top players in Europe was initially in discussions with Manchester United but has now signed for Spurs AND one of Spurs' current top players has told Manchester United to fuck off and he's not interested in joining them then I shall truly be "Over the moon Jim" :thumbup: :)
And... in honour of your avatar pic...

"It's a funny old game"...

Beating Man United to a signing isn't an achievement these days. It's a place footballers go to get fat. Getting the better of City would be an achievement.

Read my post again "after over 50 years of supporting this wonderful club ".........and it's not that long ago that Man Utd was THE football team to sign for. City haven't been at the top that long, seven years tops.

No point in buying an RB who is just ok, so Poch wants a quality RB and there aren't any it seems.

So Poch is/was happy with a choice of Foyth (international RB for Argentina), Aurier (International RB for Ivory Coast) and Walker-Peters (RB/LB for E u21) as they are/were better than the alternatives.

But a week or so ago Foyth was injured so maybe on Transfer day, maybe Poch will have done some frantic scouting and surprise us all with a RB

Depends what you class as "OK". Davies to me is OK, solid performer with minimal brain farts. Thats all we need after our Plan A has changed from the bombing overlapping stuff we did when Walker and Rose were on top form. If hes happy with Aurier or KWP then hes not showing it... by barely ever picking them

Levy is doing what he has done, for a large amount of years in charge. Growing us as an asset. D'ybala and Coutinho aren't coming to us. However the press we get from these offers entice other clubs to sell their players that we want for a couple million less, increases Spurs' press coverage and global fanbase (everyone's following the last few days of the Prem transfer window) and incrementally grows our brand. Which he should be doing after the final. It's not always clear what he does but very few people could have got us where we are now and it is subtle moves which allow the really big ones.

A couple of weeks ago Ndombele, Lo Celso and Sessignon would be seen as an incredible increase to our squad. He's lodged very public bids for globally press covered players so that:
A) Lo Celso, (Fernandesposs) and Sessignon's respective clubs will be more inclined to sell for fractions less (a very important aspect of business when we have invested most of our capital, and borrowed, to created a training centre and stadium that world class players would actually consider coming to). &
B) Knowing when it comes to future transfer windows the world's press and club fans globally will remember we were 'close' to signing two/three of the world's most desired players.

These are incremental progressions that have moved us from Evertons level to being in the elite.

Poch's inherent brilliance was a fluke, however levy has treated him very well, within the fiscal confines we have always had. The fact D'ybala and Coutinho are being taken seriously by the world press is down to the progresses he and poch have infused over the last few years.

If we don't end up with Sessignon, an attacking mf (lo celso, Fernandes) & a back up striker (prob Llorente) then hate all you want. This is definitely the place for it.

I reckon, like most weeks/months/years, we will end up doing pretty bloody good and this thread will be forgotten about. Until January when the parent-house-dwelling non-spurs supporters will get their little laptops out.

I kind of wish we'd go back to 5 years ago when we were really shite. Then the losers may migrate to another club on the up.

Or they mention Max Aarons who just signed a new deal, but no doubt if he smashes this season he doesn't stay at Norwich whether they stay up or not.

Aarons is a class act, been there a few times and watched him. For his age hes outstanding, little 1-2's, awareness, pace, aggressive. Be interesting to see how he does in the Prem this year.

Levy is doing what he has done, for a large amount of years in charge. Growing us as an asset. D'ybala and Coutinho aren't coming to us. However the press we get from these offers entice other clubs to sell their players that we want for a couple million less, increases Spurs' press coverage and global fanbase (everyone's following the last few days of the Prem transfer window) and incrementally grows our brand. Which he should be doing after the final. It's not always clear what he does but very few people could have got us where we are now and it is subtle moves which allow the really big ones.

A couple of weeks ago Ndombele, Lo Celso and Sessignon would be seen as an incredible increase to our squad. He's lodged very public bids for globally press covered players so that:
A) Lo Celso, (Fernandesposs) and Sessignon's respective clubs will be more inclined to sell for fractions less (a very important aspect of business when we have invested most of our capital, and borrowed, to created a training centre and stadium that world class players would actually consider coming to). &
B) Knowing when it comes to future transfer windows the world's press and club fans globally will remember we were 'close' to signing two/three of the world's most desired players.

These are incremental progressions that have moved us from Evertons level to being in the elite.

Poch's inherent brilliance was a fluke, however levy has treated him very well, within the fiscal confines we have always had. The fact D'ybala and Coutinho are being taken seriously by the world press is down to the progresses he and poch have infused over the last few years.

If we don't end up with Sessignon, an attacking mf (lo celso, Fernandes) & a back up striker (prob Llorente) then hate all you want. This is definitely the place for it.

I reckon, like most weeks/months/years, we will end up doing pretty bloody good and this thread will be forgotten about. Until January when the parent-house-dwelling non-spurs supporters will get their little laptops out.

I kind of wish we'd go back to 5 years ago when we were really shite. Then the losers may migrate to another club on the up.

I think you've misread the vibe in here

Back
Top Bottom