Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Even if so, you add Dybala and you're flying over 100M net spend.
Which is only 33 million per window spread over the last 3. Nothing spectacular really for a club of our size.

omgwtf.gif

Yes.

I am on record as saying £100m net spend is possible this TW from the start - if you want the reason its summarised in the Spurs Finances thread, starting with a world record for a football club of £100m+ profit after tax for year to June 2018 and a CL run which will mean we make similar in the year to June 2019....and next season we start to reap the benefit of NWHL revenues

If we find a decent price for Eriksen and still spunk out 100M, filling our weak areas and adding fucking Dybala, well, the Levy battle will have been decided.

Thank you, I momentarily forgot about the Rodri money.
As for Morata being signed next year, they will still keep that outlay in mind when investing in another player. Given Felix is an attacking midfielder, would they invest in another one in Eriksen? Wouldn't it make more sense to go for a quality CDM to replace Rodri?
I'm not very up to date with Atlético tactics, but I think they brought in Herrera for that position (maybe even Llorente from Madrid to play deep). I think that if they can offload Correa, then Eriksen will become very likely

I see that I shoudn’t have entertained you.
You’re fucking daft.

You posted a fucking starting 11 without ONE WORD about anything else than said formation, and I commented on the very same formation. So yeah, it was indeed “all about starting XI”.

I didn’t say the “transfer season” was meh. I said that your fucking starting 11, which I quoted, was meh. Stop making up things - what’s wrong with you?

Now fuck off but thanks for contributing in the hunt for page 2000.
Calm down ffs. Are always on the edge?
If your criticism was just based on my starting XI and not of the transfers, then I misinterpreted your comments and take what I said back.
However I will stand by my position that I think Lo Celso is talented enough to succeed at RW where he played for Argentina, as well as mid. I think rotating any 3 of Ndombele, Sissoko, Winks, Lo Celso in mid gives us arguably the second best midfield in the league behind City.

Dybala's image rights were sold to a Maltese company when he was a teenager.

My family is Maltese. I've seen arguments over who will pay the caterer as the casket was being lowered which caused the priest to tell them to shut up.

I've also seen brothers not speak to each other for decades over a $50 loan.

Going out with the extended family for a meal was an event it itself. People counting how many spring rolls were eaten by whom were the least of the problems at payment time. The only good thing was knowing so many people would be offended there wouldn't be another one for five year.

The Maltese will make Levy blush with how money grubbing they truly are.

If only I could form the above into a poem I could be quoted by the SC ITK but I'm triggered as fuck just remembering it.

Will steal your purse
While being put in the group
Won't whisper a curse
A fan of big sound

Has a lot of tats
Loves a spring roll.

Eriksen has been part of the best Tottenham team I’ve seen in my 30+ years of support. He’s been great for us. He was honest and said he was happy to stay with the club but fancied something new. No problem, It does look very much like he is on his way, and as far I’m concerned leaves with nothing but goodwill.
No problem as long as he won't make a transfer within the league (which seems very unlikely anyway).

25 man squad you say?

(1) Lloris

(2) Alderweireld (3) Sanchez (4) Vertonghen

[1] Winks

(5) Lo Celso (6) Sissoko (7) NDombele

(8) Son [2] Kane (9) Moura​

(10) Gazzaniga, {1} Foyth, (11) Davies, (12) Dier, [3] Dele, (13) Lamela, (14) Dybala

[4] Walker-Peters, (15) Aurier, {2} Tanganga, [5] Rose, (16) Wanyama, {3} Skipp, {4} Parrott

I'm not very up to date with Atlético tactics, but I think they brought in Herrera for that position (maybe even Llorente from Madrid to play deep). I think that if they can offload Correa, then Eriksen will become very likely
Yeah, I think if they sell Correa, they could be interested in Eriksen. Otherwise I'm worried that we could have Eriksen whose heart isn't in the club for this season, then lose him for a free.

Despite what anyone thinks about Dybala as a football player all I will say is this. If after over 50 years of supporting this wonderful club I can say tomorrow that one of the top players in Europe was initially in discussions with Manchester United but has now signed for Spurs AND one of Spurs' current top players has told Manchester United to fuck off and he's not interested in joining them then I shall truly be "Over the moon Jim" :thumbup: :)

Savile?

:roseunsure:

Despite what anyone thinks about Dybala as a football player all I will say is this. If after over 50 years of supporting this wonderful club I can say tomorrow that one of the top players in Europe was initially in discussions with Manchester United but has now signed for Spurs AND one of Spurs' current top players has told Manchester United to fuck off and he's not interested in joining them then I shall truly be "Over the moon Jim" :thumbup: :)

Beating Man United to a signing isn't an achievement these days. It's a place footballers go to get fat. Getting the better of City would be an achievement.

Calm down ffs. Are always on the edge?
If your criticism was just based on my starting XI and not of the transfers, then I misinterpreted your comments and take what I said back.
However I will stand by my position that I think Lo Celso is talented enough to succeed at RW where he played for Argentina, as well as mid. I think rotating any 3 of Ndombele, Sissoko, Winks, Lo Celso in mid gives us arguably the second best midfield in the league behind City.
source.gif

Back
Top Bottom