Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Articles that came about this week suggesting CP would want £80m; which was circa £70m in the summer....A price we're alleged to have walked away from.

TBH, I'd wanna see a trf budget of virtually triple that if we're gonna spend that kind of amount on 1 player in a non-priority area of the squad.
Just being a bit of a girl.... not being exactly practical, just like spending a lot of money on a new dress that I don't really need but want, just the same. :)

Any one else getting “cannot load tweet. Disable your Adblocker and tracking protection”

When trying to view tweets people have posted when viewing on my phone?
Do you use BitDefender AV? I recently switched from Kaspersky and am now getting it all the time, but only on Firefox, Chrome is fine.

It's blocking tons of other perfectly legit sites as well, very annoying. Need to find a way around this as I prefer Firefox really

Lindelof? :ap:
Brolin

was a chubby little bastard in his playing days.

still, money and fame are aphrodisiacs, apparently...

Tomas+Brolin+Sweden+Sports+Gala+gBWT9SMQj1_l.jpg

Wouldn't say no to Zaha, but the likely price is too high for a 26 year old versus some 21 year old starlet from Europe.

That much money, if spent, needs injecting into our central midfield FFS.
i think the question mark over Zaha is mentality, in that does he have to be the big fish to perform. can he handle when he isnt getting the team built on the principle of "get it to Zaha"

Wouldn't say no to Zaha, but the likely price is too high for a 26 year old versus some 21 year old starlet from Europe.

I do agree but I just think he is exactly the kind of player Poch wants. The way he has shaped this team he has selected players who are stronger and taller and I think he is keen that we be better at counter attacking with faster players, able to hold the ball. I could see Levy agree to spend more than he normally would if Poch does want him, and that could be even £60M in my view. Would Palace let him go for that? I think they would, if the player pushes for a move, which he seems to be. The bigger question is whether any other club went for him, say Chelsea, willing to pay even more for him in which case we won't get him.

It's a gamble because it's really hard to say how good Zaha is. I've watched him a fair bit this season though and my opinion has shifted. I now think that with better players around him he could be a top player, whereas before I thought he was just a big fish in a small pool.

Thought I read somewhere that they would loan him out to United. They are probably prepared to pay the most of his wages. Love our agreement/link with Real Madrid.

Manu probably need about 10 players plus a director of football as their squad is a mess and with several retiring (eg Young) and several looking like they don' t want to be there it maybe 2 years before they are realistically challenging for top 4 regularly.

Will Bale want to play PL and Europa rather than CL ?

Maybe if the money is right but I suspect the money needs to be a LOT higher than a club offering CL and less money as this is his last move to play at a high level

We would fancy him, but so would the rest of Europe, and that's why I think it won't happen
I just makes me think it was only 6/7 years ago that we held a similar interest in Hazard and almost got him.

Pepe and hazard had similar reputations, hazard was the hottest thing in France and we only missed out on him due to chavs getting champions league over us.

What has changed so much that we couldn’t attract a player like that if we get champions league this season? Brand new stadium and exciting times, with a brilliant manager.

Why is it that Harry Redknapp could have got Hazard if we finished strongly but Poch and this team of stars cant attract a Nicholas Pepe?

By the way I agree it’s unlikely it’s just a bit frustrating. Why could a shit Woolwich get a Sanchez in his prime from Barcelona and we can’t sign a Pepe?

:pochsulk:

Love our agreement/link with Real Madrid.

We don't have an "agreement/link with Real Madrid", never really did in truth. It was primarily supposed to be a marketing partnership, looking into best practices in terms of brand promotion, with some vague thing about interchanging young players tacked on (and which never came to anything). It was never once mentioned in Spain and in any event ended a year or two ago.

That some Spurs fans clung to it and still do is down to the club's PR exercise, which sought to big it up to sweeten the blow of losing our best player. Think of it as your girlfriend dumping you and you telling your mates that you'll still be friends.

But you know that you won't.

You’re right about that.

£80m secures Zaha from Palace
£80 might also be enough to secure Joao Felix from Benfica.

Back
Top Bottom