Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is this a good window:

In - Ndombele, Clarke (loan), Lo Celso, Sessegnon
Out - Trippier, Rose, Eriksen, Toby

If not, what needs to be done still?

If we sign Eriksen to a new deal then to me its a great window even if Toby leaves and we don't bring in a RB/LB. I also think one transfer either in or out will pick up steam the last week that isn't being widely reported now which may impact the window significantly.
That would be a fucking catastrophe
:pochshock:
You can’t have Rose, Tripps and Toby all leave and replace them with Sessegnon! But I don’t see that happening in any case.

Is this a good window:

If we sign Eriksen to a new deal then to me its a great window even if Toby leaves and we don't bring in a RB/LB. I also think one transfer either in or out will pick up steam the last week that isn't being widely reported now which may impact the window significantly.

Know one has yet moved for Toby and it looks like Eriksen might be staying so if that happens yes with Ndombele, Sessegnon and Lo Celso it’s a very good window.

Is this a good window:

No, it would be a very poor window. Patently.

I can't say this enough. Ndombele fills the Dembele hole, that brings us to par. You've then let five first-teamers go (you forgot Llorente) and brought in one ready-to-go first-teamer (you hope, he may need time to adapt) and one replacement for Rose who (a) isn't nearly as good a defender and (b) is still very young and will need to learn.

So by my calculation we'd be -2.5, and once again relying on players staying fit, not getting tired, having to play out of position, not losing form...

Is this a good window:

Ceteris paribus but with Toby staying

I much rather lose him for free next year than selling him for 25 million now and not having a replacement in place

No, it would be a very poor window. Patently.

I can't say this enough. Ndombele fills the Dembele hole, that brings us to par. You've then let five first-teamers go (you forgot Llorente) and brought in one ready-to-go first-teamer (you hope, he may need time to adapt) and one replacement for Rose who (a) isn't nearly as good a defender and (b) is still very young and will need to learn.

So by my calculation we'd be -2.5, and once again relying on players staying fit, not getting tired, having to play out of position, not losing form...
+Moura and Llorente would make it -0.5 if we are doing weird one for one personnel calculations. Llorente may still re-sign from all reports, which would make sense IMO.

Its interesting because I think Poch is going to roll with Foyth/KWP/Aurier at RB and Davies/Sessegnon/KWP at LB. And everyone on here is freaking out about it so it should be interesting.

Is this a good window:

I think our back 4 would be weaker, but our midfield will be stronger. I supposed I'd give it a B+. Maybe I'm in the minority but if we bring in Lo Celso with Ndombele, then I'd rather we sign Toby to an extension and sell Eriksen. (I'd prefer to keep both, but that doesn't look likely).

For me it all comes down to the back 4. Can they step up?

Please levy sign a right back

source.gif

Ceteris paribus but with Toby staying

I much rather lose him for free next year than selling him for 25 million now and not having a replacement in place
Ceteris paribus?

Don't make me google shit.

And I agree that Toby is staying and I don't think losing him for nothing is as big a deal as some are making it out to be considering his market appears to be about £15m at most at the moment. If Eriksen and Toby stay and we don't buy a RB/LB I think Poch will need to put his money where his mouth is because that's a big risk/hope that he can develop those positions more or less overnight. But it may be a risk worth taking considering the midfield cover will be much better.

Ceteris paribus?

Don't make me google shit.

And I agree that Toby is staying and I don't think losing him for nothing is as big a deal as some are making it out to be considering his market appears to be about £15m at most at the moment. If Eriksen and Toby stay and we don't buy a RB/LB I think Poch will need to put his money where his mouth is because that's a big risk/hope that he can develop those positions more or less overnight.
"Everything else the same" I'm sorry but I have to find some way to make my 6 years of Latin studies pay off :pochbye:

Don't know why you bother Arcspace is by far the dumbest poster on this forum, using common sense with him is about as much use as a water-proof tea bag ... save your breath

He's why the ignore button was created ... recommend you apply it forthwith
I enjoy Arc. At least his posts get the forum active even if most of us disagree. We need a stirrer!!!

I can't say this enough. Ndombele fills the Dembele hole, that brings us to par.
Didn't Sissoko fill that hole bearing in mind his performances compared to previous years (he was like a new player 😉 ) and Skipp, whoever or no one replaces pre-last year Sissoko as at times playing no one would have been beneficial. Dembele was replaced, pre god mode Sissoko wasn't.

That's how I see it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom