Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why should Bale go to China? Moving his young family halfway across the world to play in a tinpot league in a cloud of smog for a slightly higher wage. If Madrid can't work something out with Levy (highly likely), he should just kick back and collect his wages at Madrid, the guy has won pretty much everything there is to win. Bale to China makes 0 sense seeing as he has 3 years left on his contract, he doesn't have to leave.

Slightly higher wage?

He’s supposed to be on £600k a week at RM compared to £1 million a week in China 🇨🇳

Why are so many people benching Sissoko in the event we sign Ndombele and Lo Celso?
In my opinion it's mostly about the competition in our squad for those places being so fierce, rather than Sissoko being "not good".

Apart from goalkeeper and 4 defenders, there are only 6 places left to fill:

Kane and Son will start in the attack without question.
Eriksen and Dele are midfielders that Poch will (almost?) never put on the bench if they are fit.
Ndombele is, even though in principle I don't like this statement, "too expensive to not start".
That kind of means there's only 1 place left for Winks/Moura/Lo Celso?/Sissoko.

I feel like this upcoming season will again have its injuries, so my prediction is Sissoko will still start about half of all matches.

No fucking way - that’s a real quote?
giphy.gif

Edit: oh god damn it.

Back
Top Bottom