Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This just appeared on Sky :

SANCHES SET FOR BAYERN STAY
Renato Sanches
looks set to stay at Bayern Munich after coach Niko Kovac gave the Portuguese midfielder assurances about his playing time this season.
Kovac said: "It's just that we told him that we would like to keep him.
“We have put his arguments to the table and explained why he has played so little. He saw that and sees his future here. I'm convinced that he'll get more in this season than last season."

As the guy is also a midfielder maybe Bayern won't be so eager to try and sign Lo Celso now......just a thought.

It's not just about this transfer though, it's also about all future ones. If we are perceived as a club that just pays whatever the selling club is asking, it will make future deals much more difficult to negotiate.
Never ever thought I would see that posted about us...

Fantastic country, he's not doing to bad, especially if it restarts his career.
As I understand it big target man style strikers (like Vincent) tend to do well in Mexico.

Do one or two good seasons in Mexico and surely a MLS or Dutch club will be in for him I'd wager.

Just beware of all the delicious food and fast women
Monterrey has a "Dinner in the sky" event run by Canadian Beef Latin America, and featuring wines by Kendall Jackson.

The director of Canadian Beef and the Sommelier for Kendall Jackson are both stunning women....so....

Totally agree and Levy is renowned for his haggling skills but it's very rarely we dip our toes into the 'superstar' bracket of the transfer pool and I just feel the benefits of sorting this matter out quickly and maybe paying a bit extra far outweigh losing such a glorious opportunity and (for the main I think) disappointing a huge number of fans.
Personally I would love to see him pull on a Spurs shirt :thumbup: Let's do this thing !!
Yes, but in the past when we dipped into the superstar pool we really had to put a gun to the players' heads to join us. We're a different club now and big name players are starting to want to join us, so that puts us in a better negotiating position, imho.

Back
Top Bottom